Time to bring down the roof on Joe Manchin

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.

Joe Manchin's job is to represent the people of West Virginia, not far left extremists like yourself.
Yup and that is why you take away his committee head and go after big coal. Nothing effects that state more then that. Back the make believe democrat in the corner. He will give in. Good point!
Yeah... be sure and try to gut him. He'd be as welcome in the Trump Party as Collins and Murkowski would be in the Democrat fold. If he chose to jump, the Ds would be stopped altogether in making any further advances on their multi-stage coup.

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.
I don't know much about Manchin, his values, his integrity - haven't got a clue. But I'm glad he's holding his finger in the dam, whatever the motivation. Democrats actually owe him a debt of gratitude. He'll be repaid when Republicans come roaring back, more deplorable than ever, and Democrats at least have the filibuster as a check against single party rule.

Or he changes parties and hands control back to McConnell and gets his committee chair back, which I wouldn't put out of the question considering he probably has more in common with today's Republicans than the Democrats. Good point!
What difference will that make. He can do that but won't be elected again. so I'm not to worried about that really.
Of course he would. West Virginia is the most Republican state with a Democratic Senator. It has a Cook PVI of R+23. It is the second most Republican state in the country after only Wyoming. He would cruise to reelection as a Republican and your stupid ass would lose the seat. Manchin will very likely be West Virginia's last Democratic Senator for at least a generation.

Biden ran on civility and getting the economy back to pre-covid status. The dems will lose the House in 22. I really don't mind so much the progressive left calls to increase the child tax credit permanently, and free community college (so long as kids pass the classes), and I wouldn't really care if those who make over 500K pay more, but Biden didn't win on spending trillions for elec car charging stations on interstates or making cars more expensive.

or getting rid of the fillibuster. And I'm not thrilled with the dems in DC telling me what my state has to have for voter ID.
Bullshit no one has to go further then your trillions that you say Biden wants to spend on elect car charging stations. That's just bullshit, the rest is useless also , no facts just bullshit.

put the hammer on him and for him to protect the best interest of his state , coal mining, he will give in.
Joe will switch to the GOP any day now. The low-life democrats are not his party. WV is a GOP state. Joe needs to switch like governor Justice did.

And again I say, show me where Manchin has EVER been remotely right-wing on anything.

The truth is, the only reason he's holding firm on the filibuster right now is because Kyrsten Sinema is holding firm on it, so he's not really the deciding vote. If she changed her mind, he'd change his.
1. Manchin and Sinema are NOT the only democrats that would vote against HR-1 and for saving the filibuster.
2. Sinema AND Kelly would probably vote with the GOP to avoid getting hammered in their next election.
3. A NH senator. Hassan? might also want to get re-elected in 2022, which should be a big GOP year.

So Hr-1 and the filibuster are not as popular as progressive democrats think

Okay, who else do you have who's going to stand alone to preserve the filibuster?

Neither Sinema nor Kelly has been voting with the GOP at all, I believe, except Sinema on the subject of the filibuster.

I agree that neither of these actions are as popular with people as the Democrats like to pretend. But Democrats have never cared much what the people think, so I'm skeptical that they're going to start.

I don’t understand why you would want to bring down one of the few Senators in the Senate that consistently displays some common sense and puts the interests of his constituents ahead of his party.

You realize that if Manchin goes, the chances are almost 100% that a REPUBLICAN Senator from DEEP RED WV will take his place, right?
Put the hammer on him and he will protect demacracy. , don't and the right destroys our demacracy to stay in power., They can't function in a demacracy so they are willing to do anything , as in destroying our democracy to force in a piece of shit called Trump as a dictator.1/6 or 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats. They are traitors to this country and simply have to be gotten rid of. The hate group that they are trying to call a party is the is countries biggest enemy and has to go. There are no patriots in this country that support 1/6 or taking away or even making it harder for any American to vote. There is absolutely no reason other then self preservation in the most undemocratic way to take away votes of any group who population has a majority of democrats.
Wait, “put the hammer on him” by threatening the livelihoods of his constituents? I think that’s a GREAT way of convincing Joe that he needs to switch parties and if on the off chance he caves to that threat it’s a GREAT way of convincing his constituents to put a Republican in his place.
yup put the hammer down on this ass, he wants to destroy our democracy by letting the hate party attack our democracy and democratic process by taking away the votes of Americans , then screw him. He being on the right accomplishes the same as letting him go against his party protecting our country and democracy. With the pressure he will give in, take away his chairmanship of the prime advocate for harming this country by trying to keep big coal in the energy scenario. When it should be dumped. So tell him it will be dumped . His chairmanship is saving a vast big coal industry in his state that should be squashed anyway. Hammer him till he screams.

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague.
He'd likely switch parties - his constituents would support him - and take the majority away from the Democrats threatening him. Then they could do nothing.

Manchin would never switch to the Republican Party, but he might switch to Independent.
WV went 29% for Joe Xiden. Please expand on why Manchin wouldn't switch to the GOP, like the state he represents.

What does West Virginia's vote in the 2020 election have to do with who and what Joe Manchin is?

Joe Manchin is a Democrat in a red state, and he does what every Democrat in a red state (who is smart enough to hold onto office) does: he talks a good game, and then votes left-wing . . . unless the outcome is a foregone conclusion and he can give himself some cover with his constituents by casting a meaningless vote.

Go take a look at his voting record and tell me when he's EVER voted with Republicans on something where his vote actually mattered.
Huh? WV voted 29% for Xiden, and 71% for Trump, QED. That is the state Manchin is representing, i.e. Trump voters.
Manchin is/was popular in WV, party didn't matter. Governor Justice was elected as a democrat before switching to the GOP.
Manchin has nothing in common with todays democrats. He needs to switch to the GOP.

If you were correct, Manchin would vote to end the filibuster. he said he will NOT vote to end it.
If you were correct, Manchin would vote for HR-1. He said he will NOT.
Its obvious, the democrats lost Manchin's vote, its a matter of time before he switches parties, and gets cheered instead of booed.

"Well, West Virginia voted for Trump!!! West Virginia voted for Trump!!!! That MUST mean that their Democrat Senator is really, really conservative!!!"

Jesus GOD, you're desperate to turn this guy into some right-wing plaster saint you can worship.

Try to think past your emotional need to find a Democrat you can idolize, and actually read my fucking posts.

Manchin is a holdover from when West Virginia WASN'T a red state. He's very carefully gone out of his way to personally ingratiate himself to the people of West Virginia, and to pander to them with the occasional vote with Republicans on something that will happen with or without his vote. He has NEVER broken with his party when his vote would be the deciding factor. NEVER.

Whatever West Virginia is or isn't, Joe Manchin IS NOT a Republican, and he IS NOT conservative, and his fucking state could vote 100% GOP in the next election, and it wouldn't change who he is in the slightest, because HE IS NOT WEST VIRGINIA. He is a person.
Do you know what the word NEVER means? Because Manchin just said NO, NADA, NFW, to ending the filibuster, and to approving HR-1.
So why would Joe stay a democrat? There is no there there. His state is the most red state. Use your head, Manchin isn't that dumb, politicians want only one thing, and that is to be re-elected. Think about it. Manchin can be a Republican and not be conservative. Look at Sue Collins, Mitt Romney, Murkowski. Its not a strictly conservative party, its more of an "America First" party, and an "American Energy First" party.

Yeah, whatever, because politicians never say shit they then walk back when it suits them.

One more time for the thinking-impaired: he would stay a Democrat because all his political positions are Democrat. His state going red hasn't stopped him from being a party-line Democrat before, so you're dreaming if you think he's magically some "conservative hero" now simply because you desperately want to find a Democrat to validate you. Use YOUR head, instead of the glands you're currently using. If Sinema changed her mind tomorrow, Manchin would go right with her, because he's not going to buck his party when his vote would actually change something.

However much you dislike Collins, Romney, and Murkowski - and I don't blame you - they're all more conservative than Joe Manchin. Once again, I urge you to visit Senator Manchin's voting record, and tell me any time he's EVER gone against his party when it would make a difference. If you come back and tell me, "No, he's really a Republican at heart, HE IS, because I just really want to idolize him!!" I will assume you either didn't look because you don't care about facts when you're busy fan-girling, or you did and you don't want to admit that he's a dyed-in-the-wool leftist.

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague.
He'd likely switch parties - his constituents would support him - and take the majority away from the Democrats threatening him. Then they could do nothing.

Manchin would never switch to the Republican Party, but he might switch to Independent.
WV went 29% for Joe Xiden. Please expand on why Manchin wouldn't switch to the GOP, like the state he represents.

What does West Virginia's vote in the 2020 election have to do with who and what Joe Manchin is?

Joe Manchin is a Democrat in a red state, and he does what every Democrat in a red state (who is smart enough to hold onto office) does: he talks a good game, and then votes left-wing . . . unless the outcome is a foregone conclusion and he can give himself some cover with his constituents by casting a meaningless vote.

Go take a look at his voting record and tell me when he's EVER voted with Republicans on something where his vote actually mattered.
Huh? WV voted 29% for Xiden, and 71% for Trump, QED. That is the state Manchin is representing, i.e. Trump voters.
Manchin is/was popular in WV, party didn't matter. Governor Justice was elected as a democrat before switching to the GOP.
Manchin has nothing in common with todays democrats. He needs to switch to the GOP.

If you were correct, Manchin would vote to end the filibuster. he said he will NOT vote to end it.
Its obvious, the democrats lost Manchin's vote, its a matter of time before he switches parties, and gets cheered instead of booed.

"Well, West Virginia voted for Trump!!! West Virginia voted for Trump!!!! That MUST mean that their Democrat Senator is really, really conservative!!!"

Jesus GOD, you're desperate to turn this guy into some right-wing plaster saint you can worship.

Try to think past your emotional need to find a Democrat you can idolize, and actually read my fucking posts.

Manchin is a holdover from when West Virginia WASN'T a red state. He's very carefully gone out of his way to personally ingratiate himself to the people of West Virginia, and to pander to them with the occasional vote with Republicans on something that will happen with or without his vote. He has NEVER broken with his party when his vote would be the deciding factor. NEVER.

Whatever West Virginia is or isn't, Joe Manchin IS NOT a Republican, and he IS NOT conservative, and his fucking state could vote 100% GOP in the next election, and it wouldn't change who he is in the slightest, because HE IS NOT WEST VIRGINIA. He is a person.
He will vote against H.R. 1 as an omnibus bill. He doesn't want turn democracy over to Washington DC. Also he doesn't want "vote harvesting" by the type of people that watch Jerry Springer Show a.k.a idiots.

He might, if it ever came to a vote. With the filibuster in place, that ain't happening, so we'll never know.

The relevant point is that he would vote against it IF his vote wasn't the deciding vote. If it was, he'd vote with his party. That's his M.O.

put the hammer on him and for him to protect the best interest of his state , coal mining, he will give in.
Joe will switch to the GOP any day now. The low-life democrats are not his party. WV is a GOP state. Joe needs to switch like governor Justice did.

And again I say, show me where Manchin has EVER been remotely right-wing on anything.

The truth is, the only reason he's holding firm on the filibuster right now is because Kyrsten Sinema is holding firm on it, so he's not really the deciding vote. If she changed her mind, he'd change his.
1. Manchin and Sinema are NOT the only democrats that would vote against HR-1 and for saving the filibuster.
2. Sinema AND Kelly would probably vote with the GOP to avoid getting hammered in their next election.
3. A NH senator. Hassan? might also want to get re-elected in 2022, which should be a big GOP year.

So Hr-1 and the filibuster are not as popular as progressive democrats think

Okay, who else do you have who's going to stand alone to preserve the filibuster?

Neither Sinema nor Kelly has been voting with the GOP at all, I believe, except Sinema on the subject of the filibuster.

I agree that neither of these actions are as popular with people as the Democrats like to pretend. But Democrats have never cared much what the people think, so I'm skeptical that they're going to start.
Very well. I appreciate the discussion. We'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Or he changes parties and hands control back to McConnell and gets his committee chair back, which I wouldn't put out of the question considering he probably has more in common with today's Republicans than the Democrats. Good point!
What difference will that make. He can do that but won't be elected again. so I'm not to worried about that really.
Of course he would. West Virginia is the most Republican state with a Democratic Senator. It has a Cook PVI of R+23. It is the second most Republican state in the country after only Wyoming. He would cruise to reelection as a Republican and your stupid ass would lose the seat. Manchin will very likely be West Virginia's last Democratic Senator for at least a generation.
You better look at history for this state as far as the vote is concerned , your selling bullshit and have no idea what you are talking about. If it is so hate party led then they won't vote for a candidate that was a a democrat , they will go hate Nazi. if what you say is correct. Hammer him till he gives in or changes party. but don't help him with his support for destroying our democracy and democratic process by taking away vote of Americans. for no other reason then control. The right can't exist in a democracy and they know it , hence the destruction of voters rights and 1/6 attempt to bring down our government to force in a piece of shit for a dictator.

Do you know what the word NEVER means? Because Manchin just said NO, NADA, NFW, to ending the filibuster, and to approving HR-1.
So why would Joe stay a democrat? There is no there there. His state is the most red state. Use your head, Manchin isn't that dumb, politicians want only one thing, and that is to be re-elected. Think about it. Manchin can be a Republican and not be conservative. Look at Sue Collins, Mitt Romney, Murkowski. Its not a strictly conservative party, its more of an "America First" party, and an "American Energy First" party.

Yeah, whatever, because politicians never say shit they then walk back when it suits them.

One more time for the thinking-impaired: he would stay a Democrat because all his political positions are Democrat. His state going red hasn't stopped him from being a party-line Democrat before, so you're dreaming if you think he's magically some "conservative hero" now simply because you desperately want to find a Democrat to validate you. Use YOUR head, instead of the glands you're currently using. If Sinema changed her mind tomorrow, Manchin would go right with her, because he's not going to buck his party when his vote would actually change something.

However much you dislike Collins, Romney, and Murkowski - and I don't blame you - they're all more conservative than Joe Manchin. Once again, I urge you to visit Senator Manchin's voting record, and tell me any time he's EVER gone against his party when it would make a difference. If you come back and tell me, "No, he's really a Republican at heart, HE IS, because I just really want to idolize him!!" I will assume you either didn't look because you don't care about facts when you're busy fan-girling, or you did and you don't want to admit that he's a dyed-in-the-wool leftist.
Understood. Once a democrat always a democrat, its in their DNA.
We'll see.

Last edited:
Only 29% of WV voted for Joe Xiden. Manchin needs to switch to the GOP ASAP.
He needs to represent his voters, not the socialists.

Manchin is neither conservative nor a Republican. Take a look at his voting record. He's NEVER represented the views of his constituents; they keep voting for him because he's a likable old geezer who's personally ingratiated himself with people.
Manchin seems to be “conservative” on certain issues (2nd Amendment comes to mind), but overall he appears to be a left leaning centrist, his constituents appear to like him on most issues and he also appears to be the only Democrat in the state that can win a national election.

IMHO the Democrats that want to push him aside don’t seem to understand that it’ll only hurt their own cause because for him to along with everything (or even MOST things) the left wants to do means one of two things, Manchin going either Independent or GOP OR Manchin being replaced by a Republican the next time he’s on the ballot.

They’re going to have to compromise with Manchin as long as the Senate is split, like it or not.
Nope threaten to take his chairman ship of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Him being there is the only chance big Coal has and big coal owns the sate he represents. That and the promise to eraise the industry with every effort the left has. It isn't worth saving anyway. It's a win win for the country and the only way to win for democracy. The right can't exist in a democracy AND THEY KNOW IT.

Every country in what we used to call the free world and many states require a photo I.D. to vote but US lefties have worked themselves into hysteria over bills that require the same thing. Hatred will make you crazy sometimes.
LET US LOOK AT THAT , TELL ME I SHOULDN'T HATE THE BIGGEST THREAT AND ENEMY THIS COUNTRY HAS. EVERY PATRIOT IN THIS COUNTRY SUPPORTS WHAT I SAY. THE RIGHT CAN'T EXIST IN A DEMOCRACY AND THEY KNOW IT.

Manchin is not cowering to the social
Manchin co-sponsored the 2019 version of the John Lewis voting rights bill to which he's now opposed

his arguments are very incoherent...maybe he's just dumb?

we're talking about our lives here. ... People died to get that right to vote

Joe just said he still supports the John Lewis bill.

Instead of forcing the For the People Act through Congress, Manchin advocated for lawmakers to focus on passing the The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.

What Are We Supposed to Make of Sen. Joe Manchin’s Maneuvering?
One more time "What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to."
So your saying Democrats are too lazy and dumb to get an ID and go to their local polling place? I believe your post implies suppression of black votes and that makes you a racist.
RIDICULOUS, WHAT GRADE ARE YOU IN. 3rd grade maybe.

i missed this...what is he voting on?

what dems are losing their right to vote because of it?

the only dems i know losing their right to vote are the big dem donors that are being convicted of rape and child sex crimes like Weinstein and Weiner...but fail to see how that’s Joes fault

Only 29% of WV voted for Joe Xiden. Manchin needs to switch to the GOP ASAP.
He needs to represent his voters, not the socialists.

Manchin is neither conservative nor a Republican. Take a look at his voting record. He's NEVER represented the views of his constituents; they keep voting for him because he's a likable old geezer who's personally ingratiated himself with people.
Manchin seems to be “conservative” on certain issues (2nd Amendment comes to mind), but overall he appears to be a left leaning centrist, his constituents appear to like him on most issues and he also appears to be the only Democrat in the state that can win a national election.

IMHO the Democrats that want to push him aside don’t seem to understand that it’ll only hurt their own cause because for him to along with everything (or even MOST things) the left wants to do means one of two things, Manchin going either Independent or GOP OR Manchin being replaced by a Republican the next time he’s on the ballot.

They’re going to have to compromise with Manchin as long as the Senate is split, like it or not.
Nope threaten to take his chairman ship of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Him being there is the only chance big Coal has and big coal owns the sate he represents. That and the promise to eraise the industry with every effort the left has. It isn't worth saving anyway. It's a win win for the country and the only way to win for democracy. The right can't exist in a democracy AND THEY KNOW IT.
As I said, you want to threaten his constituents interests directly by going after their livelihoods and indirectly by going after one of their representatives influence in Washington, not a smart strategy, unless your goal is to have Manchin replaced by a Republican Senator.

Doesn’t really matter to me personally since I would like nothing better than for the Republicans and the Democrats to annihilate one another, just doesn’t seem wise for those among lemming slice-D to advocate actively working against their own partisan interests. :dunno:

Manchin co-sponsored the 2019 version of the John Lewis voting rights bill to which he's now opposed

Instead of forcing the For the People Act through Congress, Manchin advocated for lawmakers to focus on passing the The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.

One more time "What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to."
The John Lewis bill has some gop support, just not 10 votes. Machin called on republicans to get on board. I'm not on board, really. What the bill does is restore restrictions on southern states drawing district lines. There's no doubt the gop gerrymanders. But nobody forced progressives to decide they don't want to do the same. Here in Miss, the gop leadership refused medicaid expansion and med weed, despite supermaj's wanting it. But the dems can't win cause we think they want to give more rights to some than others.
Blue states gerrymander too. State legislature elections have consequences and the Founder's set it up that way. State legislatures are closer to the people and Republican Party controls over 3/4 of them. That's why Democrats want H.R. 1 to take away votes of the people at state and level. If Democratic Party wants to gerrymander then they better win state houses.
Nope we don't see democrats trying to take away the votes of Americans. only in the make believe minds of the hate Nazi's that have taken over the right. The right can't exist in a democracy and they know it. 1/6 and taking away the votes of Americans.

Even most West Virginians strongly disagree with Manchin on voting rights legislation. So, what is Manchin's excuse now?

Rachel Maddow shares details from a new poll that shows West Virginia voters of all political stripes are very supportive of the For The People Act to protect voting rights, which makes it all the more odd that Senator Joe Manchin, who represents West Virginia, does not.

The John Lewis bill has some gop support, just not 10 votes. Machin called on republicans to get on board. I'm not on board, really. What the bill does is restore restrictions on southern states drawing district lines. There's no doubt the gop gerrymanders. But nobody forced progressives to decide they don't want to do the same. Here in Miss, the gop leadership refused medicaid expansion and med weed, despite supermaj's wanting it. But the dems can't win cause we think they want to give more rights to some than others.
Blue states gerrymander too. State legislature elections have consequences and the Founder's set it up that way. State legislatures are closer to the people and Republican Party controls over 3/4 of them. That's why Democrats want H.R. 1 to take away votes of the people at state and level. If Democratic Party wants to gerrymander then they better win state houses.
Nope we don't see democrats trying to take away the votes of Americans. only in the make believe minds of the hate Nazi's that have taken over the right. The right can't exist in a democracy and they know it. 1/6 and taking away the votes of Americans.
What is you primary language??.....I know it's not English.

Forum List

Back