Time for Gun Safety Advocates to Abandon Their Strategy

I'm not doing your homework. Go to the site yourself.

Yeah...there is a reason you didn't link to the study.......you don't want people to know that they tried to hide the fact that most of their "participants," were criminals and gang members...not normal citizens who carry guns to stop crime, not engage in it......

Thanks for playing

Thanks... I looked up your study....here is an actual link...

What you fail to point out........criminals shooting criminals are not normal people...but thanks for playing...

They don't tell you how many of the people are criminals.......that's kind of a big thing to know.....don't you think......

This is why we don't trust anti-gun fanatic researchers...they leave out the important details....to push their agenda...

However, compared with control participants, shooting case participants were significantly more often Hispanic, more frequently working in high-risk occupations1,2, less educated, and had a greater frequency of prior arrest. At the time of shooting, case participants were also significantly more often involved with alcohol and drugs, outdoors, and closer to areas where more Blacks, Hispanics, and unemployed individuals resided. Case participants were also more likely to be located in areas with less income and more illicit drug trafficking (Table 1).

I went back to that site. You are in error. It was like I said it was. Criminals generally are there for economic gain, they are not there to kill people or harm people. That is why every business urges their employees to not resist and give up the goods. If they attempt to steal from someone who then banishes a gun the one thing that is certain is somebody's going to get shot at.And it's logical to assume, the chances of it being either person is almost 100%.
It's just common sense. And the conclusion part of that report said it is plain as day
" On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. "

Yeah...there is a reason you didn't link to the study.......you don't want people to know that they tried to hide the fact that most of their "participants," were criminals and gang members...not normal citizens who carry guns to stop crime, not engage in it......

Thanks for playing
The reason I didn't list what you asked me to., Is because I already listed the link and if you wanted to investigate it further that was up to you. And you couldn't even do that right. Try to have a good night. LOL.

I went back to that site. You are in error. It was like I said it was. Criminals generally are there for economic gain, they are not there to kill people or harm people. That is why every business urges their employees to not resist and give up the goods. If they attempt to steal from someone who then banishes a gun the one thing that is certain is somebody's going to get shot at.And it's logical to assume, the chances of it being either person is almost 100%.
It's just common sense. And the conclusion part of that report said it is plain as day
" On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. "

Wow...you do not understand gang bangers......or other humans.

The study only says "Assault." They don't mention what the assault is because gang members shooting at each other ruins the propaganda aspects of the research....

You can post that all day long.......I'll post this....

However, compared with control participants, shooting case participants were significantly more often Hispanic, more frequently working in high-risk occupations1,2, less educated, and had a greater frequency of prior arrest.

At the time of shooting, case participants were also significantly more often involved with alcohol and drugs,
outdoors, and closer to areas where more Blacks, Hispanics, and unemployed individuals resided. Case participants were also more likely to be located in areas with less income and more illicit drug trafficking (Table 1).

The reason I didn't list what you asked me to., Is because I already listed the link and if you wanted to investigate it further that was up to you. And you couldn't even do that right. Try to have a good night. LOL.

Yeah.....run....fast.....before you get stomped again.....

Next time try going into your links with this understanding....

Gun control researchers lie.....they have to lie because the truth, facts and reality do not support what they want to find with their research.......

Wow...you do not understand gang bangers......or other humans.

The study only says "Assault." They don't mention what the assault is because gang members shooting at each other ruins the propaganda aspects of the research....

You can post that all day long.......I'll post this....

However, compared with control participants, shooting case participants were significantly more often Hispanic, more frequently working in high-risk occupations1,2, less educated, and had a greater frequency of prior arrest.

At the time of shooting, case participants were also significantly more often involved with alcohol and drugs,
outdoors, and closer to areas where more Blacks, Hispanics, and unemployed individuals resided. Case participants were also more likely to be located in areas with less income and more illicit drug trafficking (Table 1).
You do not understand the term assault at all. When a criminal shows up at a 7-Eleven with a gun and demands the employee give them all the money. That is an assault. When a criminal robs a bank with a gun, that is an assault. Assault definition, " intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact
( Physical injury is not required. )

You do not understand the term assault at all. When a criminal shows up at a 7-Eleven with a gun and demands the employee give them all the money. That is an assault. When a criminal robs a bank with a gun, that is an assault. Assault definition, " intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact

When gang members raid a drug house for the drugs and money...that is an assault....when a gang member sees a rival standing on a street corner selling drugs, drives by and shoots at him...that is an assault....when a gang banger sees a rival gang having a house party and they roll up and spray the party with bullets...that is an assault.....

This is what you fail to understand........the people they looked at, in particular, were criminals engaged in crime......not normal people who carry guns for self defense.........you idiot.

When gang members raid a drug house for the drugs and money...that is an assault....when a gang member sees a rival standing on a street corner selling drugs, drives by and shoots at him...that is an assault....when a gang banger sees a rival gang having a house party and they roll up and spray the party with bullets...that is an assault.....

This is what you fail to understand........the people they looked at, in particular, were criminals engaged in crime......not normal people who carry guns for self defense.........you idiot.
I don't care about gangs, I live in a small town. I do not fear anything. Fear is for losers. Guns are for losers. That should about wrap it up. Good night.

You mean like this....robber shot by clerk......

Like this...clerk shoots, kills robber...

Hmmm...another clerk...

Hey...this one happened in Pennsylvania...where your study was done...

Hey...this clerk shoots the robber with the robbers own gun....

Do I have to keep posting these?

I don't care about gangs, I live in a small town. I do not fear anything. Fear is for losers. Guns are for losers. That should about wrap it up. Good night.

Now....change the topic....since you can't defend the original topic.......

You mean like this....robber shot by clerk......

Like this...clerk shoots, kills robber...

Hmmm...another clerk...

Hey...this one happened in Pennsylvania...where your study was done...

Hey...this clerk shoots the robber with the robbers own gun....

Do I have to keep posting these?

You can do whatever you want. Keep posting these isolated incidents. It doesn't change the fact, that in most cases, when criminals are confronted someone's going to get seriously hurt or dead. That's just common sense, something you seem to lack.

You can do whatever you want. Keep posting these isolated incidents. It doesn't change the fact, that in most cases, when criminals are confronted someone's going to get seriously hurt or dead. That's just common sense, something you seem to lack.
Home Oct 1, 2017 Guns do not stop more crimes evidence shows-Scientific American. I'm really done talking to you you don't want to learn. Hope you don't get yourself killed. Goodbye.

It doesn't change the fact, that in most cases, when criminals are confronted someone's going to get seriously hurt or dead.

Yeah...that is why we have legal guns....

Oh, and another thing about that dumb study you used....they only reported on shootings with injuries.........

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year for self defense......according to the Centers for Disease Control....1.5 million times a year if you use the study by the Department of Justice research...

in most of those attacks, once the victim shows their gun.....the criminal runs away, surrenders, or gets shot and injured....rarely do they get killed...really stupid criminals who push the attack in the face of a n armed victims are killed by the victims about 235 times a year.

Home Oct 1, 2017 Guns do not stop more crimes evidence shows-Scientific American. I'm really done talking to you you don't want to learn. Hope you don't get yourself killed. Goodbye.

You have an agenda.......I have facts.

And a word of advice...you really need to provide links to your sources.......when I first started posting years ago, I didn't know how to do it either...anyone here can help you.

It doesn't change the fact, that in most cases, when criminals are confronted someone's going to get seriously hurt or dead.

Oh, and another thing about that dumb study you used....they only reported on shootings with injuries.........

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year for self defense......according to the Centers for Disease Control....1.5 million times a year if you use the study by the Department of Justice research...

in most of those attacks, once the victim shows their gun.....the criminal runs away, surrenders, or gets shot and injured....rarely do they get killed...really stupid criminals who push the attack in the face of a n armed victims are killed by the victims about 235 times a year.
You failed to see the irony of your own statements. I wish you a good and safe Life, however improbable you make that possibility.

And a word of advice...you really need to provide links to your sources.......when I first started posting years ago, I didn't know how to do it either...anyone here can help you.
You people have had an agenda all along. America is finally waking up to your agenda, and they want no part of it.

Earlier you said you had guns to protect your family. Although you're adamantly opposed to any site that discredits guns in any way. His first study might really help your family in ways you might not have thought of. Simply having guns in your house is putting you at risk in various ways. www.thetrace.org will a gun keep your family safe ? Here's what the evidence says. April 7th 2020. Another site may also help you and yours, https://www.hsph.harvardedu>news Do guns make us safer ? Science says no / news.

No one has the inherent right to tell someone else to not do drugs, no matter how stupid drugs may be.
Parents of minors do.

No one cares if you take drugs, Rigby.
Just don't give money to a crook for the drugs.
Don't harm someone while on drugs.
Don't rob and steal to get your drugs
Don't become a public nuisance because of your addiction.

No one has an inherent obligation to care for an addict or someone who overdoses on drugs. So just go off somewhere by yourself and take your drugs. We have enough problems without dealing with yours.

Yeah.....run....fast.....before you get stomped again.....

Next time try going into your links with this understanding....

Gun control researchers lie.....they have to lie because the truth, facts and reality do not support what they want to find with their research.......
You actually think you're winning this argument. That's a good one, thanks for the laugh.

I don't want to be bothered with all of this. I typed the links in, so if you're really interested you can get to them. That way it's on you, not me. I no longer start threads, I simply look in on them and make sure the conversation is balanced, if it is not then I jump in. There are way too many extremists on this site, and their opinions reflect that. I actually think the middle ground. I'm not in bed with either faction.

Forum List

Back