Thursday Fox News Debate Lineup Announced Kasich, Christie, in Perry Out

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Well here it is in all its glory. The only presidential debate possibly in the history of the world that is hand picking the candidates that you will hear. What a field it is with each participant more reactionary and bloated than the next, most in bed with billionaire power brokers and no message for the people except Ronald Reagan is the great one and I never heard of George W. Bush.

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio is in and former Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is out of Fox News’s Republican debate on Thursday night in Cleveland, officials with the network said Tuesday, resolving the mystery of which lower-polling candidates will make the cut for the first debate of the 2016 presidential contest.

The network announced the 10 candidates who will have a podium spot for the main forum, which is expected to draw wide national viewership and give an invaluable platform to the candidates involved. The remaining seven will be part of an earlier forum airing at 5 p.m. that day.

Fox News’s “decision desk,” which does its election night calls, sifted through five national polls, including the network’s own survey released late Monday, to select the top 10 candidates for the debate based on the polling.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/u...c=edit_na_20150804&nlid=57435284&ref=cta&_r=0

In an effort to tamp down complaints from candidates who were unlikely to make it onto the stage, Fox added a 5 p.m. candidate forum that will air prior to the main debate. Derisively referred to as the "kiddie table" debate, it will include former Texas governor Rick Perry (at 1.8 percent), former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum (1.4), Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (1.4), businesswoman Carly Fiorina (1.3), Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C., 0.7), former New York governor George Pataki (0.6) and former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore (0.2). Former IRS commissioner Mark Everson, who filed a complaint about the selection process with the FEC, will not be included. (In an e-mail to The Post, Everson indicated that he had not heard from the network.) Fox eliminated a mandatory 1 percent polling average for participation in the earlier event. If they hadn't, Pataki, Gilmore and Graham wouldn't have been able to participate.Perry out Kasich in Fox News announces the participants in Thursday night s debate - The Washington Post

I think they would have done better with 4 smaller debates of 4-5 people, selected by pulling names out of a hat. That would have made for discussions that go beyond soundbites, and would have discouraged grandstanding stunts to get debate placement.

I think they would have done better with 4 smaller debates of 4-5 people, selected by pulling names out of a hat. That would have made for discussions that go beyond soundbites, and would have discouraged grandstanding stunts to get debate placement.

Yep. How ironic that the Governor of the largest continental state is excluded? Fox said there were few options when in truth there were many. Fox is making a mockery of democracy and they should be ashamed.

I would have gone with all contestants having signed on to a political Royal Rumble.

Ooooooooooh yeah, Lindsey Graham in tights scrapping it out with Rick Perry! Trump taking chair shots at Rand Paul.

:lol:

What a pay per view!

I really wish I could witness this. Cruz is legendary for debating. The dynamics will be really interesting to see how they square off.

Well here it is in all its glory. The only presidential debate possibly in the history of the world that is hand picking the candidates that you will hear. What a field it is with each participant more reactionary and bloated than the next, most in bed with billionaire power brokers and no message for the people except Ronald Reagan is the great one and I never heard of George W. Bush.

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio is in and former Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is out of Fox News’s Republican debate on Thursday night in Cleveland, officials with the network said Tuesday, resolving the mystery of which lower-polling candidates will make the cut for the first debate of the 2016 presidential contest.

The network announced the 10 candidates who will have a podium spot for the main forum, which is expected to draw wide national viewership and give an invaluable platform to the candidates involved. The remaining seven will be part of an earlier forum airing at 5 p.m. that day.

Fox News’s “decision desk,” which does its election night calls, sifted through five national polls, including the network’s own survey released late Monday, to select the top 10 candidates for the debate based on the polling.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/u...c=edit_na_20150804&nlid=57435284&ref=cta&_r=0
But what about God...?

Yep. How ironic that the Governor of the largest continental state is excluded? Fox said there were few options when in truth there were many. Fox is making a mockery of democracy and they should be ashamed.
He is just whey too dorky for Fox and the GOP...

I think a better option would be to allow anyone in the audience to rush the stage and answer any question they wanted.

That would be great.
I could go for elimination questioning with selection done by bow and arrow...

Look a thread more pointless than the debate it's pretending to debate about, on a debate forum. Can't wait for another hate thread! All I know is you're all so like F`ing smart~

First, Fox has to set the cut off somewhere and
2nd, there are more Republicans running than those 17!

If you think it was just 17 candidates, you are mistaken.
Republican Presidential Candidates 2016

Gives you a list of over 20 candidates and it may not list all of them.

On the other hand, the Polls for the Dems don't list enough candidates. There is room for more than 5 in a debate and the website list about a few unknowns. That is probably the reason why the Democrats have yet to set a debate schedule.......

You might meet cuckoo bird Jeff Boss, the 9/11 truther that the NSA is trying to off--But he is running for president!! Talk about a joke campaign!!

I think a better option would be to allow anyone in the audience to rush the stage and answer any question they wanted.

That would be great.
I could go for elimination questioning with selection done by bow and arrow...

I think I would go for a shot of tequila every time someone mentions Ronald Reagan.
Not enough usage for the amount of thirst I have for tequila...

Forum List

Back