Thread to make your brain hurt

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Which is really something since our brains don't have pain receptors. :)

When God created the universe, where was God?

If you're creating the universe, you're obviously not inside of it yet since it doesn't exist. So what was God "floating" in when He created the universe?

Another universe?

A literal nothing?

Other?

God has always been, He is infinite

Psalm 90:2 says, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." God does not tell us where He was before He created the world, but simply tells us that He is God from everlasting to everlasting.

Another thing is this:

Did God create the universe? Or did the universe create God? If God created the universe over 13 billion years ago, but the Earth is only about 4.6 billion years old, what was God doing for the first 9 billion or so years?

Another thing is this:

Did God create the universe? Or did the universe create God? If God created the universe over 13 billion years ago, but the Earth is only about 4.6 billion years old, what was God doing for the first 9 billion or so years?

Humans created the various gods.

The Beginning of Time - Stephen Hawking

Could the Universe Have Always Existed - Articles - ioLanche

We're assuming God exists here. :)

Sorry. I thought this was a serious inquiry rather than a continuation of various fantasies.

Another thing is this:

Humans created the various gods.

The Beginning of Time - Stephen Hawking

Could the Universe Have Always Existed - Articles - ioLanche

We're assuming God exists here. :)

Sorry. I thought this was a serious inquiry rather than a continuation of various fantasies.

It's a serious inquiry to them. Just amusing to me. :)

"Assuming you're right that your god exists. Where was he standing when he created the universe?"

A believer then has to consider that and is gonna have a problem working it through.

Amusing to me. Problematic to them.

The physics version of this question is,

"If the universe is expanding in all directions, what's it expanding into?" :)

The theory is Its expanding to a vast dark, dead emptiness, When all the stars have used up all their fuel.
Personally I think the idea that universes come and go in cycles is more appealing.

If you're creating the universe, you're obviously not inside of it yet since it doesn't exist. So what was God "floating" in when He created the universe?

Another universe?

A literal nothing?

Other?
HE also created Time
To do so one would have to exist outside of Time

Point?

Another universe?

A literal nothing?

Other?

Nobody knows, but it is my understanding that God is a formless ocean of consciousness that has always existed. God worked out every detail of creation in his mind as a perfect plan. Then set it into motion.
The universe is only one plane of experience and there are many higher realms, or dimensions. But God is above all of them.

The space of emptiness is something, even if my glass is half full of water, the other half is not empty.

God is a formless ocean of consciousness

I like that.

The theory is Its expanding to a vast dark, dead emptiness, When all the stars have used up all their fuel.
Personally I think the idea that universes come and go in cycles is more appealing.

My personal hypothesis is universes are no different than galaxies. Many, not one.

Problem here though is do all universes expand? If so aren't other universes expanding into each other "overwriting" the space they occupy? Is there some kind of repellent force like we have with atoms so solid things don't fall through other solid things (us falling through the floor for example.)

And if the universe isn't the Absolute Everything and just a small part of a greater whole, what created or caused the greater whole?

It's a somewhat disturbing thing to try and wrap our heads around and is responsible for my inability to fall asleep on more than one occasion. :)

My personal hypothesis is universes are no different than galaxies. Many, not one.

Problem here though is do all universes expand? If so aren't other universes expanding into each other "overwriting" the space they occupy? Is there some kind of repellent force like we have with atoms so solid things don't fall through other solid things (us falling through the floor for example.)

And if the universe isn't the Absolute Everything and just a small part of a greater whole, what created or caused the greater whole?

It's a somewhat disturbing thing to try and wrap our heads around and is responsible for my inability to fall asleep on more than one occasion. :)

I was thinking that even if the universe continues to expand for eternity it could still be cyclic as there might be a new big bang in the middle of it that would consume the old universe and replace it.

Delta, I'm not sure what you're getting at, but it seems you don't understand what God is.

Another universe?

A literal nothing?

Other?

Your assumption is that God created the universe out of nothing. That's not what the Bible teaches

Maybe those who came before God gave him space to call his own kingdom and he and his Son set about to create worlds without number from plasma and energy that were self existent. Perhaps he took self existing entities known as intelligences and made them into animals and people to populate his worlds. He could help his living creations go from lower to more exalted states of existence.

Forum List

Back