Thoughts When Ambassador Yovanovitch Testified

Not surprisingly, both parties are spiking the ball over her testimony.
Of course, both sides are going to try to spin it to make themselves look good.

But what do you think is more likely to happen;Senate convicts or does not based on events of today?

"Did you see a crime that Trump committed? No." = lower chance of conviction in the Senate to me.

It also put more energy into GOP rank and file, too, but still a lot of ground to cover in the next year or so.

I watched almost all of Ambassador Yavanovitch's testimony and here is what I thought about it:

1) It seemed ironic that her testimony that is being used to in effect 'fire' an elected President is about how unfair it was that she was fired from her job when she thought she was doing her job well. You dont say?

Oh my...

Everyone up and down the State Department thought she was doing her job well, and so did her Ukrainian counterparts. The only ones who thought she didn't, and needed firing, were the crooks around Giuliani and the corrupt power brokers in Ukraine, who thought Ukraine should better go back to the old, corrupt ways to keep the cleptocrats out of prison.

Everyone acknowledges the President can recall an ambassador at will. So did Ambassador Yovanovich.

The real irony is, of course, that Yovanovich properly represented the U.S. of A. and the nation's best interests, and that she was recalled because in so doing she failed to represent and further the corrupt interests of Trump, Giuliani, Parnas, and a coterie of other crooks.

And that, exactly, is why the Founders wrote the provisions regarding Impeachment and Conviction into the Founding document, the abuse of power for personal gain, contrary to the nation's interests. That is to say, Trump deserves firing for he is what the Founders feared. Ambassador Yovanovich did not. That's what her testimony demonstrated, that is why her testimony was so threatening to Trump he had to intervene, and that is why sleazy, corrupt Trump sycophants have to belittle her as "too soft" and as a "girl".

That leaves, "here is what I thought about it:" Mindless bleating because your feefee was hurt doesn't usually merit the denomination, "thought".

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Of course, both sides are going to try to spin it to make themselves look good.

But what do you think is more likely to happen;Senate convicts or does not based on events of today?

"Did you see a crime that Trump committed? No." = lower chance of conviction in the Senate to me.

It also put more energy into GOP rank and file, too, but still a lot of ground to cover in the next year or so.
I think there may have been a few GOP Senators would could have been swayed if there were enough evidence.

I'm not watching this like a hawk, admittedly, but from what I've seen, this is all about hearsay and opinion. So I think the GOP Senators will stick.

When I get my feelings hurt at work--and it happens--I come home and tell my husband and maybe have a glass of wine.

When Liberal Deep Staters get their feelings hurt, they apparently make millions of dollars, sue, or impeach.

Man, sometimes it sucks to be an honest person. But not in the end, I know. Not in the end. :)

When I get my feelings hurt at work--and it happens--I come home and tell my husband and maybe have a glass of wine.

When Liberal Deep Staters get their feelings hurt, they apparently make millions of dollars, sue, or impeach.

Man, sometimes it sucks to be an honest person. But not in the end, I know. Not in the end. :)
A Temper Tantrum like never seen before...............New world records are being set here.

A Temper Tantrum like never seen before...............New world records are being set here.

You know what's astounding to me is that they World Class Idiots act like we will never lose another election and, if that happens, we will never turn these tactics around on THEM.

You. Astoundingly short-sighted MORONS.

Just wait until the people who actually run this country, and not antifa, decide that the president isn't ACTUALLY their president.

You know what's astounding to me is that they World Class Idiots act like we will never lose another election and, if that happens, we will never turn these tactics around on THEM.

Just wait until the people who actually run this country, and not antifa, decide that the president isn't ACTUALLY their president.
They are counting on our integrity not to do so...............They would be in a world of shit if we decided to go about it like they do....................and they know it.

They are counting on our integrity not to do so...............They would be in a world of shit if we decided to go about it like they do....................and they know it.

Read this morons:

Good people can be pushed too far.

The election of Donald Trump was your warning. You didn't heed it.

Her testimony reveals how devoid of class the blob is. But that is something all of us already knew.

Her testimony was nothing.
Worthless.

She should save it for her therapist.

Zero to do with anything regarding impeachment.

All witnesses so far, waste of time, waste of taxpayer dollars.
It certainly wasn't the strongest argument Schiff has put forward so far. It taught me something, though.
It showed me that Trump was (is) siding with the corrupt Russian oligarchs that the State Department and the country of Ukraine has been trying to get rid of. As Kent said, you can't go after corrupt oligarchs without pissing some people off.
So why is the President on their side?
I just got convinced, after three years of giving Trump the benefit of the doubt on the Russia thing, that he is playing in their corner. He may be an unwitting tool, but he's clearly on the side of the boys with the big wallets who don't blink twice when bribery or blackmail is the tool of choice. And Trump came damned close to using those tools himself. And called it "beautiful" and "perfect."

The American people knew before we elected him that he had the morals of a sewer rat. That's no big surprise. What was brought home in Yanokovich's testimony yesterday is that Trump is also on the wrong side here, and that doesn't matter if you are a Democrat, a Republican or a Green Party fan. Will I vote for a man who says it was "very unfair" that Shokin was fired? OF COURSE the State Department and the Ambassador aren't going to agree with that. Do you?

Her testimony reveals how devoid of class the blob is. But that is something all of us already knew.

Her testimony was nothing.
Worthless.

She should save it for her therapist.

Zero to do with anything regarding impeachment.

All witnesses so far, waste of time, waste of taxpayer dollars.
It certainly wasn't the strongest argument Schiff has put forward so far. It taught me something, though.
It showed me that Trump was (is) siding with the corrupt Russian oligarchs that the State Department and the country of Ukraine has been trying to get rid of. As Kent said, you can't go after corrupt oligarchs without pissing some people off.
So why is the President on their side?
I just got convinced, after three years of giving Trump the benefit of the doubt on the Russia thing, that he is playing in their corner. He may be an unwitting tool, but he's clearly on the side of the boys with the big wallets who don't blink twice when bribery or blackmail is the tool of choice. And Trump came damned close to using those tools himself. And called it "beautiful" and "perfect."

The American people knew before we elected him that he had the morals of a sewer rat. That's no big surprise. What was brought home in Yanokovich's testimony yesterday is that Trump is also on the wrong side here, and that doesn't matter if you are a Democrat, a Republican or a Green Party fan. Will I vote for a man who says it was "very unfair" that Shokin was fired? OF COURSE the State Department and the Ambassador aren't going to agree with that. Do you?

The impeachment is a big bust and you must know it, and you must know this is going to implode in the Democrats' faces, just like Mueller.

That's for starters.

For enders, the Deep State rats all play dirty and don't like that now, there's a Republican who does too.

Gosh that DOESN'T make me wanna cry. So deal with that.

The echo chamber is in full voice in this thread. Amazing.
They are quite stirred by this impeachment proceeding. Which is getting the other side stirred in defense. Turning into bizerkos is only going to energize the Democrats more.

She is another deep state bitch.....in my personal opinion....is she lecturing on “fairness and dignity” really??????

a woman who illegally monitored US citizens? is ironic, right?

another commie left wing scum
Agreed.

BTW, I like your pic a lot better now as it leaves most of your face intact.

I tried using my pick on FB but too many people complained about losing their appetite, scaring their children, losing partial eyesight, etc, so I replaced it.

But then, I am 3.7% Neanderthal DNA, :D
Now people are starting to self-identify as Neanderthal? Great. I suppose next ya'll'll be demanding reparations.

Forum List

Back