thoughts on the lottery (which I am beginning to hate)

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
The lottery is a huge rip off.

And I swear, they have someone working there who studies just how to make it virtually impossible for anyone to win... How do we even know how numbers are "chosen"--I don't think they have drawings on TV anymore like they used to.

Virtually no one wins except maybe once a year.

There is one number (you know, that extra number you choose: 1 out of 25 1 out of 26 after choosing the 5 numbers) in one of the games that is virtually NEVER played! It hasn't come up in something like the last 130 drawings.

Now, you tell me, how the hell that is "random"?

No one can tell me that winning scratchers are printed randomly... the lotto has the whole thing rigged....

The first week of the lottery in CA many years ago I won $275 with a quick pic.... absolutely nothing since....

I buy a Mega Millions ticket every week. I think of it as my ticket to day dreaming. I have only won $2.00 one time in the last eight or ten years.

No one can tell me that winning scratchers are printed randomly... the lotto has the whole thing rigged....
I'm not familiar w/ the scratch games

There's that show on HGTV about lottery winners finding a new house and the show makes it look easy to win those scratchers but I'm sure it is rigged just like Mega and Powerball and all of them

many times those last mentioned had numbers like: 1 - 2 - 25- 27 - 29

Who chooses those kind of numbers?

Then there is this: Isn't it better for, say 1000 people to win $100 or $500

than for ONE person once a year to will $500 million?

so much for re-distribution of wealth

The first week of the lottery in CA many years ago I won $275 with a quick pic.... absolutely nothing since....
LOL... sounds like how my luck goes.. I won $300 many many years ago and $10 here, $5 there since but nothing big. I don't play much anymore... (in fact, am wondering why they call it Play? Losing $ all the time is not Play IMO)

I'm not familiar w/ the scratch games

There's that show on HGTV about lottery winners finding a new house and the show makes it look easy to win those scratchers but I'm sure it is rigged just like Mega and Powerball and all of them

many times those last mentioned had numbers like: 1 - 2 - 25- 27 - 29

Who chooses those kind of numbers?

Then there is this: Isn't it better for, say 1000 people to win $100 or $500

than for ONE person once a year to will $500 million?

so much for re-distribution of wealth
Sometimes on that show its people who won a lawsuit or an inheritance... When I do buy a lotto ticket I don't check it for weeks so I can fantasize a while on what I will do with the money... lol

A good while ago I heard the lottery referred to as a tax on stupidity, but still every few years the wife or I will pick up a Mega-Million or PowerBall.

When I do buy a lotto ticket I don't check it for weeks so I can fantasize a while on what I will do with the money...

I certainly can relate to that. We don't need the money ourselves and so we fantasize who we'd give the money to and things like funding a soup kitchen.

Sometimes on that show its people who won a lawsuit or an inheritance... When I do buy a lotto ticket I don't check it for weeks so I can fantasize a while on what I will do with the money... lol
But the longer you save a ticket, the more chance there is of losing it.

In any case, I once got addicted to lottery but losing has a way of ending the addiction! Who knew? LOL

I guess God doesn't want me to be wealthy. There's a psg in the Bible that says something like:

God makes one man wealthy and another poor.. So if it is all up to God whether one is rich or poor

I'm fine w/ that :)

(wouldn't do me much good if I wasn't)

Forum List

Back