Thought I Knew the Biggest Horrors of Systemic Racism -- Until -- Soap Dispensers.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Yeppers.. Math, science, history all racist. Peter Pan and Speedy Gonzalez all racists. Global Warming (according to AOC and Klaus Schwab at World Economic Forum) is even caused by systemic racism.. WHAT COULD BE WORSE??? I thought the list was ALREADY tough enough to solve this problem.. Now a bunch of white supremacists are designing RACIST automatic soap dispensers?

What comes to mind when you hear the term systemic racism? Perhaps Jim Crow-era laws or banks’ redlining policies?

Well, I’ve got a new one you can add to the list: soap dispensers.

Yes, you read that correctly. According to a recent online debate on “systemic racism” put on by the Bruin Republicans that I attended, soap dispensers are proof that white people are systemically racist against black people, according to some of my peers.

But it’s not just any dispensers, mind you. It’s those high-tech automatic ones. The reason is simple. As one UCLA student claimed during the debate, automatic soap dispensers “don’t see her hands” due to the dark pigment of her skin. As another student reiterated, soap dispensers are racist because they force “black and brown bodies” to show their palms — “the only light areas of the skin” — in order to get soap out.

I’m not joking.

First of all, let me just debunk the basis of this claim: for anyone who doesn’t know, the sensors on soap dispensers don’t see human hands; they don’t have eyes. They work using a simple device called a PIR sensor that recognizes infrared light, which is emitted by all people, regardless of color (as long as they’re not dead). Also, I don’t know about you, but those darn things never work for me. I can’t remember how many times I’ve banged on one to try to get soap out (yet it never occurred to me to blame anti-Semitism as the cause).

But I digress. The point here isn’t how a soap dispenser works. It’s the idea that students at UCLA actually thought that they were designed with white supremacy in mind.

At this point, all I got left is a theory that MOST of things on the list of systemic racism is just a MOCKERY of the few IMPORTANT things on the list THAT DO MATTER !!!!

Why is this? I have a go-to answer.. This nonsense creeps in to affect our culture and national unity from folks who DO NOT KNOW and DO NOT CARE -- how things work.. Dont care about statistics, or science or engineering or prevailing medical or economic wisdom -- they just EMOTE.. And feel ZERO shame making pronouncements like this even when they are ridiculed for it..

You're killing support for the cause with this stupid petty crap.. And MOST PEOPLE -- including MOST Black people -- know this.. Might be time to THINK and RESEARCH -- before ya add any new stuff to the list of systemically racist things...

Yeppers.. Math, science, history all racist. Peter Pan and Speedy Gonzalez all racists. Global Warming (according to AOC and Klaus Schwab at World Economic Forum) is even caused by systemic racism.. WHAT COULD BE WORSE??? I thought the list was ALREADY tough enough to solve this problem.. Now a bunch of white supremacists are designing RACIST automatic soap dispensers?

What comes to mind when you hear the term systemic racism? Perhaps Jim Crow-era laws or banks’ redlining policies?

Yes, you read that correctly. According to a recent online debate on “systemic racism” put on by the Bruin Republicans that I attended, soap dispensers are proof that white people are systemically racist against black people, according to some of my peers.

But it’s not just any dispensers, mind you. It’s those high-tech automatic ones. The reason is simple. As one UCLA student claimed during the debate, automatic soap dispensers “don’t see her hands” due to the dark pigment of her skin. As another student reiterated, soap dispensers are racist because they force “black and brown bodies” to show their palms — “the only light areas of the skin” — in order to get soap out.

I’m not joking.

First of all, let me just debunk the basis of this claim: for anyone who doesn’t know, the sensors on soap dispensers don’t see human hands; they don’t have eyes. They work using a simple device called a PIR sensor that recognizes infrared light, which is emitted by all people, regardless of color (as long as they’re not dead). Also, I don’t know about you, but those darn things never work for me. I can’t remember how many times I’ve banged on one to try to get soap out (yet it never occurred to me to blame anti-Semitism as the cause).

But I digress. The point here isn’t how a soap dispenser works. It’s the idea that students at UCLA actually thought that they were designed with white supremacy in mind.

At this point, all I got left is a theory that MOST of things on the list of systemic racism is just a MOCKERY of the few IMPORTANT things on the list THAT DO MATTER !!!!

Why is this? I have a go-to answer.. This nonsense creeps in to affect our culture and national unity from folks who DO NOT KNOW and DO NOT CARE -- how things work.. Dont care about statistics, or science or engineering or prevailing medical or economic wisdom -- they just EMOTE.. And feel ZERO shame making pronouncements like this even when they are ridiculed for it..

You're killing support for the cause with this stupid petty crap.. And MOST PEOPLE -- including MOST Black people -- know this.. Might be time to THINK and RESEARCH -- before ya add any new stuff to the list of systemically racist things...

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.

I’m not joking.

Critical Race Theory teaches you how to see racism in everything.
What it does is teach how to turn anything.....and I do mean anything....into racism.
The only thing holding you back is your imagination.

I’m not joking.

What it does is teach how to turn anything.....and I do mean anything....into racism.

Yep.. CRTheory is just RE-SEGREGATION by another name. These folks FEAR racial conciliation. Because their college degrees in minority studies would become worthless..

I'm waiting to see the numbers and statistics on whether math is racist...

:auiqs.jpg:
I think its racist to ask,, not sure it changes everyday,,

I’m not joking.

Yep.. CRTheory is just RE-SEGREGATION by another name. These folks FEAR racial conciliation. Because their college degrees in minority studies would become worthless..
Also their equality argument would disappear. These conspiracy theorists don't want equality--they want privilege.

I’m not joking.

2020/21 has been like going back in time in many ways. This politically tainted trend to look for fights that aren't even there in the first place resembles colonial days when neighbors had quarrels with the result of a witch accusation. There is no social progress when the purpose is to inflame a race war. Who profits from race wars? MSM for one because they sell more papers (get more clicks- for you younger readers- ha) when they promote division.

Just wait until people who support the exact same position start massive infighting over definitions of words and the attempts to add more penalties on free speech.

It will be like "Hey! But I'm on your side man!" The other guy, "F that-you just said the "g" word! We can longer hang". First guy's response, "Aw, Come on, man!" lol

Grab your popcorn folks, it's a comin'! Popcorn for now....real fights most likely within the near future.

1619218473194.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

well i still wash my hands when dirty, but don't feel racist about doing so....~S~

Question is -- have you ever been foiled by an automatic soap dispenser at the peak of your summer tan? Damn things are kinda picky.. Some bright person ought to make better sensors..
Couldn't have been that the dispenser was empty? Nope, that wouldn't advance racism unless there was a white supremacist standing there replacing the full dispenser with an empty one when POC approached. SMH.

I’m not joking.

Also their equality argument would disappear. These conspiracy theorists don't want equality--they want privilege.

Think I realized last night that separate but equal aint where CRTheory is going.. Really was floored by some guy sporting a #BLM tagfest claiming that "knife fights are just a normal HSchool thing" and said the cop who broke up the attempted murder should have just let the adults handle things.

The "privilege" part about that is -- they dont want "white" Rule of Law. They want the privilege of allowing race CULTURE to decide what law and justice should be..

As horrid as this opinion was -- it's irrelevant -- because most Black Americans dont even agree with that.. We're dealing with POLITICAL zealots with a mission.. Not exactly "black racists"..

Forum List

Back