Thought I Knew the Biggest Horrors of Systemic Racism -- Until -- Soap Dispensers.

well i still wash my hands when dirty, but don't feel racist about doing so....~S~

Question is -- have you ever been foiled by an automatic soap dispenser at the peak of your summer tan? Damn things are kinda picky.. Some bright person ought to make better sensors..
Couldn't have been that the dispenser was empty? Nope, that wouldn't advance racism unless there was a white supremacist standing there replacing the full dispenser with an empty one when POC approached. SMH.

Dont think the machine is smart enough to disenfranchise like that. But you should suggest that engineering modification to your "white power" leadership... They'll get right on it..

What I'm thinking right now is -- Wonder if the PATENT HOLDER of this automatic dispenser is Black?

:up: Wouldn't that be a hoot?

well i still wash my hands when dirty, but don't feel racist about doing so....~S~

Question is -- have you ever been foiled by an automatic soap dispenser at the peak of your summer tan? Damn things are kinda picky.. Some bright person ought to make better sensors..

I am as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost and at times those damn things will not give me soap, so maybe this racism theory might have some legs to it!

Stop the soap dispenser racism against us Albinos !

I am as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost and at times those damn things will not give me soap, so maybe this racism theory might have some legs to it!

Have you taken your temperature lately? Is it somewhat above room temperature? LOL.... Next time blow on your albino hands and see if responds. OR -- you might have to use the hand dryer to get them up to normal body temperature...

Have you taken your temperature lately? Is it somewhat above room temperature? LOL.... Next time blow on your albino hands and see if responds. OR -- you might have to use the hand dryer to get them up to normal body temperature...

What do you call those things that you have to use for a thumb print?

They never work for me either, so I am just wondering is this a conspiracy against me?

Soap dispenser and biometric scanners seem to be racist against me Flac!

This unjust world!

Oh, the Soap Dispenser can not recognize skin color and the fools that believe the Soap Dispenser are designed to be racist are the same fools that believe they can discover the secret to make Marxism work!

I have a complaint, the most best natural source for all humans is the Sun, but that mother fucker burned my unprivileged white fucking skin too many times along the way, and I've had stuff frozen off too many times and a cancer spot too.

Must be nice to be a black man. As if white social justice warriors sucking them off at check-out stands & service counters wasn't enough.

Couldn't have been that the dispenser was empty? Nope, that wouldn't advance racism unless there was a white supremacist standing there replacing the full dispenser with an empty one when POC approached. SMH.

Could also be that the sensors were damaged and malfunctioning. Happens a lot in public restrooms.

Yeppers.. Math, science, history all racist. Peter Pan and Speedy Gonzalez all racists. Global Warming (according to AOC and Klaus Schwab at World Economic Forum) is even caused by systemic racism.. WHAT COULD BE WORSE??? I thought the list was ALREADY tough enough to solve this problem.. Now a bunch of white supremacists are designing RACIST automatic soap dispensers?

What comes to mind when you hear the term systemic racism? Perhaps Jim Crow-era laws or banks’ redlining policies?

Well, I’ve got a new one you can add to the list: soap dispensers.

Yes, you read that correctly. According to a recent online debate on “systemic racism” put on by the Bruin Republicans that I attended, soap dispensers are proof that white people are systemically racist against black people, according to some of my peers.

But it’s not just any dispensers, mind you. It’s those high-tech automatic ones. The reason is simple. As one UCLA student claimed during the debate, automatic soap dispensers “don’t see her hands” due to the dark pigment of her skin. As another student reiterated, soap dispensers are racist because they force “black and brown bodies” to show their palms — “the only light areas of the skin” — in order to get soap out.

I’m not joking.

First of all, let me just debunk the basis of this claim: for anyone who doesn’t know, the sensors on soap dispensers don’t see human hands; they don’t have eyes. They work using a simple device called a PIR sensor that recognizes infrared light, which is emitted by all people, regardless of color (as long as they’re not dead). Also, I don’t know about you, but those darn things never work for me. I can’t remember how many times I’ve banged on one to try to get soap out (yet it never occurred to me to blame anti-Semitism as the cause).

But I digress. The point here isn’t how a soap dispenser works. It’s the idea that students at UCLA actually thought that they were designed with white supremacy in mind.

At this point, all I got left is a theory that MOST of things on the list of systemic racism is just a MOCKERY of the few IMPORTANT things on the list THAT DO MATTER !!!!

Why is this? I have a go-to answer.. This nonsense creeps in to affect our culture and national unity from folks who DO NOT KNOW and DO NOT CARE -- how things work.. Dont care about statistics, or science or engineering or prevailing medical or economic wisdom -- they just EMOTE.. And feel ZERO shame making pronouncements like this even when they are ridiculed for it..

You're killing support for the cause with this stupid petty crap.. And MOST PEOPLE -- including MOST Black people -- know this.. Might be time to THINK and RESEARCH -- before ya add any new stuff to the list of systemically racist things...
They do not work for me either. But the attendants don't seem to notice so I am ok to enter the building.

Dont think the machine is smart enough to disenfranchise like that. But you should suggest that engineering modification to your "white power" leadership... They'll get right on it..

What I'm thinking right now is -- Wonder if the PATENT HOLDER of this automatic dispenser is Black?

I'm very curious to know what these driveling lunatics think "white supremacists" would be trying to accomplish by not allowing black people to wash their hands.

After working with this technology for a number of years--I think it more likely that something has either gotten on the sender/receiver or is blocking it. Since these are usually a "one-shot" the sensor sent a shot and is waiting to be triggered again--which can't happen since it is blocked. The race-baiter should ask a nearby white person to try and see what happens to them. They would probably say it was a conspiracy.

After working with this technology for a number of years--I think it more likely that something has either gotten on the sender/receiver or is blocking it. Since these are usually a "one-shot" the sensor sent a shot and is waiting to be triggered again--which can't happen since it is blocked. The race-baiter should ask a nearby white person to try and see what happens to them. They would probably say it was a conspiracy.

for multiple students to have brought this up as an issue, it has to be more than ONE machine and the issue is with their "diagnosis" and PROBABLY not the machines..

I'm very curious to know what these driveling lunatics think "white supremacists" would be trying to accomplish by not allowing black people to wash their hands.

Problem is -- not much thinking at all.. It's a TRAINED reflex once the colleges get you in their grip...

What SHOULD happen, is that folks in the Engineering Dept should make this a teachable moment and do a study on the racial preference of the campus soap detectors and hold a seminar on the results of the findings. But you can't DO THAT without risking tenure for "embarrassing POC" and microagressions...

Yeppers.. Math, science, history all racist. Peter Pan and Speedy Gonzalez all racists. Global Warming (according to AOC and Klaus Schwab at World Economic Forum) is even caused by systemic racism.. WHAT COULD BE WORSE??? I thought the list was ALREADY tough enough to solve this problem.. Now a bunch of white supremacists are designing RACIST automatic soap dispensers?

What comes to mind when you hear the term systemic racism? Perhaps Jim Crow-era laws or banks’ redlining policies?

Yes, you read that correctly. According to a recent online debate on “systemic racism” put on by the Bruin Republicans that I attended, soap dispensers are proof that white people are systemically racist against black people, according to some of my peers.

But it’s not just any dispensers, mind you. It’s those high-tech automatic ones. The reason is simple. As one UCLA student claimed during the debate, automatic soap dispensers “don’t see her hands” due to the dark pigment of her skin. As another student reiterated, soap dispensers are racist because they force “black and brown bodies” to show their palms — “the only light areas of the skin” — in order to get soap out.

I’m not joking.

First of all, let me just debunk the basis of this claim: for anyone who doesn’t know, the sensors on soap dispensers don’t see human hands; they don’t have eyes. They work using a simple device called a PIR sensor that recognizes infrared light, which is emitted by all people, regardless of color (as long as they’re not dead). Also, I don’t know about you, but those darn things never work for me. I can’t remember how many times I’ve banged on one to try to get soap out (yet it never occurred to me to blame anti-Semitism as the cause).

But I digress. The point here isn’t how a soap dispenser works. It’s the idea that students at UCLA actually thought that they were designed with white supremacy in mind.

At this point, all I got left is a theory that MOST of things on the list of systemic racism is just a MOCKERY of the few IMPORTANT things on the list THAT DO MATTER !!!!

Why is this? I have a go-to answer.. This nonsense creeps in to affect our culture and national unity from folks who DO NOT KNOW and DO NOT CARE -- how things work.. Dont care about statistics, or science or engineering or prevailing medical or economic wisdom -- they just EMOTE.. And feel ZERO shame making pronouncements like this even when they are ridiculed for it..

You're killing support for the cause with this stupid petty crap.. And MOST PEOPLE -- including MOST Black people -- know this.. Might be time to THINK and RESEARCH -- before ya add any new stuff to the list of systemically racist things...
When you purposefully go looking for the most ridiculous story you can find because you stay in denial this is the type of shit that gets posted. Meanwhile we are looking at damn near daily legitimate instances of systemic racism that is costing lives. So if your racist ass wants to remain in denial thats on you, but stop posting disingenuous bullshit like this.

I’m not joking.

When you purposefully go looking for the most ridiculous story you can find because you stay in denial this is the type of shit that gets posted. Meanwhile we are looking at damn near daily legitimate instances of systemic racism that is costing lives. So if your racist ass wants to remain in denial thats on you, but stop posting disingenuous bullshit like this.

Why do I and others have to be subjected to THREE A DAY ridiculous accusations of racism based on the IGNORANCE of the accusers??? Are you denying that colleges CONDITION THESE KIDS to find racism hidden in the whip on their Cafe Latte???

I'm WITH YOU on this being a distraction and a TRAVESTY in minimizing racism. I even SAID THAT in my posts. But in the past - you and I have gone at it about the systemic racism in Hallmark Greeting cards and "Princess Hair".. So dont act like YOU dont manufacture the same phony OUTRAGE over stuff that has simple solutions.. You've also been conditioned to find systemic racism in most everything and you dont stop yourself to THINK about it before you MAKE those allegations..

Last edited:
Lol... Are you trying to start trouble, flacaltenn?

You know the "bright" person smart enough to improve these sensors would almost certainly turn out to be a white guy.

And once that information gets out the loons will go nuts. They'll claim it proves whitey caused the machines to be racially choosy in the first place.

This is a race bait thread. Nobody thinks soap dispensers are racist but white racists trying to race bait other whites online. This is a useless thread that belongs in the rubber room. People who make the rules should follow the rules.

Forum List

Back