substance abuse patterns.

- Several studies have found that alcohol abuse is highest among those

with little or no religious commitment.

- Religious people recover from surgery more quickly than do their

atheistic and agnostic counterparts.

- A number of studies have found a strong inverse correlation between

church attendance and divorce.

- A 1978 study found that church attendance predicted marital

satisfaction better than any other single variable.

- Very religious women report greater happiness and satisfaction with

marital sex.

In short, the burden of both clinical experience and the research data

suggests that among the most important determinants of human happiness

and psychological well-being are our spiritual beliefs and moral

choices."

God: The Evidence, by Patrick Glynn
-----------------------------------------------

"If it be right, do it boldly." And I do.

“I say unequivocally that the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt.” – Sir Lionel Luckhoo, The Most Successful Attorney in History, according to the Guiness Book of Records

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. - Philippians 4:8

Create your own Word document with this verse at the top and a growing list of the most memorable compliments you have been given by family and friends. You can review and treasure it from time to time, and deservedly so. Perhaps loved ones will read it at your memorial service to the delight and amazement of all present.

Writing on Twitter, Christian broadcaster David Brody expressed astonishment that a large chunk of self-identified evangelical Christians voted in favor of the referendum that enshrined abortion rights in the Buckeye State.'Absolute disgusting': Trump-loving Christian broadcaster melts down on Ohio abortion vote
pblshd.23.11.08Ohio1A​
"Here's an ABSOLUTE DISGUSTING Exit Poll Statistic from last night: 24% of so-called 'White Born-Again or Evangelical Christians' voted FOR Ohio's pro-abortion constitutional amendment," he fumed. "It's not JUST the left. JUST HORRIBLE."​
ChemEngineer posted: "The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it." James Madison chmngnr.23.05.30 #69

“One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.” – Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, at the U.N. in 1974

“I have been made victorious through terror.” – (Bukhari 4.52.220 - Mohammad)

“There are many, many more interactions than people have imagined between science and religion,” Townes said in a telephone interview from his hotel in New York. “(Both) are aimed at studying the same systems, the same universe.” - Charles Towne,s Discoverer of Lasers, Nobel Laureate

“The most worthwhile thing is to put happiness in the lives of others.” – Robert Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts

When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity. - Dale Carnegie

“The Christian religion is above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity.” – John Adams

“The general principles on which the Fathers achieved independence were the only principles in which that beautiful assembly of young gentlemen could unite …the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams

Note to atheists:
""Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

"Are we going to read about you being eaten by a grizzly bear?" - David Letterman to Timothy Treadwell, who lived with the bears in Katmai Forest, Alaska for thirteen summers before he was eaten by a grizzly bear, along with his foolish girlfriend, age 37 .
Treadwell was 48 and a recovering alcoholic who thought he had all the answers. Obviously he did not.
"They won't bother me as long as I show no fear." Not exactly......

"Experts and the educated elite have...replaced what worked with
what sounded good. Society was far more civilized before they took
over our schools, prisons, welfare programs, police departments
and courts. It's high time we ran these people out of our lives

and went back to common sense." --Walter Williams

MBA? Master of business administration? Does it have a different connotation in the religious community? No offense but my personal thought for the day is just as important as some scripture that someone named John Jaeger found..

MBA? Master of business administration? Does it have a different connotation in the religious community?

Yes, MBA represents master of business administration.
Why on earth would an educational diploma have "a different connotation in the religious community" than in any other? Does an M.D. degree have "a different connotation in the religious community"?
How about DDS? If you think so, explain why to the audience.

No offense but my personal thought for the day is just as important as some scripture that someone named John Jaeger found..

"No offense" then he proceeds to say something offensive.

I see the "personal thoughts" you just posted. I have received many compliments on these posts. I cannot imagine how you could get a single compliment on what you wrote.

1. Today's "Thought" was by Professor Walter Williams, not "scripture."
2. January 7's "Thought" described the fatal, incredible stupidity of Timothy Treadwell, and his girlfriend, eaten by a grizzly bear. Not "scripture."
3. The first January 7 "Thought" was a quote by Aldous Huxley, not "scripture."
4. December 30, two quotes by President John Adams, not "scripture.".
5. December 21, a quote by Dale Carnegie, not "scripture."
6. December 10, a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, not "scripture."
7. December 9, a quote by Robert Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts, hardly "scripture."

8. December 5, a quote by Charles Towne, Nobel Laureate, not "scripture."
9. November 14, a quote by Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria and a second quote by Mohammed, not "scripture," which is defined as the sacred writings of the Holy Bible.

Rarely do I encounter a post so broadly vapid, inane and untimely. It earned you the next spot on my Ignore List for obvious reasons.

Do-not-correct-a-fool-or-he-will-hate-you-correct-a-wise-man-and-he-will-appreciate-you..jpg

"There are various conventional explanations for this week's election results; but unmentioned has been the Democrats' failure to condemn loudly and publicly the ravings of the lunatic Left." – Victor Davis Hanson

Forum List

Back