This will NOT save America it will destroy it

Is a lack of maintenance causing Milwaukee to fall down? « The Daily Reporter

Hundreds of immediate public safety hazards were identified, totaling $5.5 million in repairs. The report suggests a large portion of particularly critical repairs be addressed within a year, but those structures deemed most vulnerable should be county officials’ first priority.

The report blames spending cutbacks and a disorganized building inspection system for the poor conditions of county buildings. But since 2003, Milwaukee County has invested $891.2 in capital projects that address these issues.

While that number seems steep, consider this: More than 62 percent of that money has come from the past two years, according to the report, with nearly half coming from 2010 alone.

This is the product of republican management

Working together like adults and everyone being willing to pay more to get it done.

How is Mils intentional neglect going to ruin the nation?

Is this one of those dumbass ideas that people that live else where are supposed to pony up the money?

fyi; we did that already.

Because the right wing philosphy is the same as Walkers.

They want to drown this country in the bathtub so they can concenrate the power amoung the wealthy.

Privatize EVERYTHING they can so the people have no power left over their own lives.

That's one of the most uniformed lines you have put out.

Privatization saves tax money, so people can keep more of thier own money.
If the gov hires a private company to do a job and it blows it, it's fired, when the union blows it, they show up the next day and everyday after that since they can't get fired.

In other words, privatizing puts the power back in the hands of citizens.

DECADES of deferred maintanance does have consequences, doesn't it?

And most of that mess can be blamed on the STATES, not the FEDS.

But in order for you guys to KNOW that, you'd have to be paying attention.

Few of you are.

DECADES of deferred maintanance does have consequences, doesn't it?

And most of that mess can be blamed on the STATES, not the FEDS.

But in order for you guys to KNOW that, you'd have to be paying attention.

Few of you are.
Decades of diverting funds collected for the building and maintenance of roads and bridges, into money-burning urban mass transit boondoggles, has taken its toll.

BTW, did you know that all of Bubba Clintoon's increase of the federal fuel tax went straight into the general fund?

Working together like adults and everyone being willing to pay more to get it done.

I'll need more profit to pay more.

You proved yourself wrong.

If you cant pay more you wont pay more.

Lets go after the entities who can pay more like Corps.

They can afford it

Then they will be less likely to give me a raise, even though they will have to increase the cost of thier product or service.

You keep proving yourself wrong.

so you want the mega corps to own your ass so they can give you a raise?

This country can't survive off the backs of the rich and middle class.

Or borrowing from other countries.

We take in 10 bucks and spend 90 bucks.

so you want the mega corps to own your ass so they can give you a raise?

If I don't like my job I can quit and work somewhere else.
If I realy don't like the way my state works, I can, and have, move.
If I don't like the Federal government running everything... well, moving to another, free country, is very hard.

So you will excuse me for picking freedom over slavery to the state.

Yeah, the stimulus was supposed to fix all the infrastructure issues. "Our decaying infrastructure" was one of the "urgent" reasons we needed to pass it NOW! It passed, what happened? Where's all the "shovel ready" jobs promised?

Scam-WOW!

Guess what? They ain't no moe money!

And while there was money Walker short shifted the maintenance on this city and let it crumble.

Now they have had to UP there money for maintainence to keep people from dying like this young man did.
You are a completely un-objective partisan hack. Pretending that decades of Democrat rule in WI leading to the entrenched problems seen now is somehow squarely the blame of your demon du juor. (That's "demon of the day" for uneducated louts such as yourself.)

When the TRUTH is, the stimulus was NOT "targeted" as claimed, did NOT address infrastructure as claimed, and even had President Obama admitting later, there were NO "shovel ready" jobs coming from it, as promised.

Sounds like you're making a BETTER case for what Walker is doing, clearly the money is needed elsewhere and getting the public unions off the tit will save his state.

Stimulus was just a scheme to funnel taxpayer $$ into the Democrat coffers.

This country can't survive off the backs of the rich and middle class.

Or borrowing from other countries.

We take in 10 bucks and spend 90 bucks.

And if we tax the top 20% so that they fall back into the 20 80 rule we would be doing much better

I can remember not too long ago on this board, several of the left wingnuts asking "What's the republican economic plan?' "They don't have an economic plan" "What are they going to do now?"
The republicans do have an economic plan, they are trying to implement it, and now we have a new party of 'no'.
Christie in NJ was very unpopular with the people of his state after he started implementing the tough choices that he made. Now he is one popular governor with the people because the state's economy is going in the right direction.

Forum List

Back