This nonsense is about to stop...

Well your irrational dislike for parties, if put into practice, would be incoherrent in America. Parties function to create great coalitions in representative republics like ours, and when they gridlock like right now, it's because the voters are being denied information by their media that they can process.

But groups like the TPM are working behind the scenes to fill that vital need.

Glad you think so, I see the TP as a last ditch effort for the financial industry to keep a stranglehold on our government. They pretend to be a populist movement but their agenda is entirely corporate with a little social conservatism to keep the churches on board.

Give a link for any representation of social conseratism in the TPM's list of goals. There are none. The TPM has avoided that, and focused entirely on CORE PRINCIPLES; they are:

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed: that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets though government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

You have to look no further than the incredible number of abortion bills introduced and passed this last year. You may not have voted for social conservatives but it is what you got.

Can I answer that? Yeah... I have tons of respect for others. That's why i support OWS.

Your side, OTOH... only have respect for the wealthy elite in our country. That's why I don't support the Tea Party.

Damn. you beat me to it. They only can see what they wealthy will let them see when they let them pull their head out of their *ssh*les.
Kiss the rich butts. Their idea of American values.

Can I answer that? Yeah... I have tons of respect for others. That's why i support OWS.

Your side, OTOH... only have respect for the wealthy elite in our country. That's why I don't support the Tea Party.

Damn. you beat me to it. They only can see what they wealthy will let them see when they let them pull their head out of their *ssh*les.

Those rich butts provide jobs.

Those rich butts provide jobs.

Keep believing all they tell you. You are such a nice little follower and butt kisser.

Most of the OWS don';t have a clue why they are there except it's cheaper to party there instead of working for a living.

TPM has respect for the entire country but doesn't step on the toes of others to get their message across. That is the main difference.

Bullshit... I have seen the hate and vitriol of the tea party at every turn. Here on this message board, on other message boards, in public and from your ringleaders on television and radio. That is not respect for the entire country... that is respect for like-minded people and no one else.

Most of the OWS people are there because they are fed up with Reaganomics and the bottom line-ing of people's incomes while the people at the top of the food chain have seen their incomes and wealth rise by some 500-600%. They are fed up with the outsourcing to foreign countries and the tax free havens that AMERICAN Corporations take advantage of to not pay taxes... guess what happens to the cost of running the country if those entities and people are not taxed? Yeah... that's right... people like you and I make up the difference... OR... we go further into debt.

But keep thinking it's about respect for others... it'll help you sleep better tonight and allow you to look in the mirror when you are shaving tomorrow.

Tea party activists audited by city of Richmond Va. Would that happen to Occupy protesters?

For tea party groups, the audit by Richmond, Va., highlights long-running complaints of a double standard in the treatment of activists. The audit also puts a spotlight on free-speech regulations.

Christian Science Monitor Nov 29, 2011

But when the leaders of the local TPM try, at public meetings to ask the Richmond Mayor, he ducks out and won't take their questions about it.

1129-tea-party-richmond_full_380.jpg

So the Teabaggers were charging people to attend their rallies.

I was not aware of that. Where's the link?

What link? The missing link? The sausage link?

btw, the posted article has the sentence you are looking for about taxing their ticket sales. But actually I was just wondering if they were charging people to attend......Ido'no maybe ticket booths and concession stands spontaniously appeared too......

Glad you think so, I see the TP as a last ditch effort for the financial industry to keep a stranglehold on our government. They pretend to be a populist movement but their agenda is entirely corporate with a little social conservatism to keep the churches on board.

Give a link for any representation of social conseratism in the TPM's list of goals. There are none. The TPM has avoided that, and focused entirely on CORE PRINCIPLES; they are:

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed: that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets though government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

You have to look no further than the incredible number of abortion bills introduced and passed this last year. You may not have voted for social conservatives but it is what you got.

The TPM has not formal liason with either of the two parties. Any abortion bill offered up was not sponsored by the TPM, and I defy you to show otherwise.

Here is a link to an INTERACTIVE MAP which can show names and phone numbers of TPM organized groups in each state. I surfed through it and there are 2,787 independent TPM groups, and each of those represents hundreds or thousands of people like me.

Check your state, locate your own town or city, call the contact person there, and challenge him or her to divulge their true allegiances.

How could a movement like the TPM hide these financial connections that you so want to believe controls them? The left makes no effort to hide theirs because it is impossible to do so.

So the Teabaggers were charging people to attend their rallies.

I was not aware of that. Where's the link?

What link? The missing link? The sausage link?

btw, the posted article has the sentence you are looking for about taxing their ticket sales. But actually I was just wondering if they were charging people to attend......Ido'no maybe ticket booths and concession stands spontaniously appeared too......

There are no booths to collect any sort of charge from the attendance. We register online to subscribe for informational updates, and there are solicitiations therein. I've chosen to give regularly to the TP instead of my usual contributions to the GOP, and I tell GOP solicitors that when they call.

The TPM has not formal liason with either of the two parties. Any abortion bill offered up was not sponsored by the TPM, and I defy you to show otherwise.

Here is a link to an INTERACTIVE MAP which can show names and phone numbers of TPM organized groups in each state. I surfed through it and there are 2,787 independent TPM groups, and each of those represents hundreds or thousands of people like me.

Check your state, locate your own town or city, call the contact person there, and challenge him or her to divulge their true allegiances.

How could a movement like the TPM hide these financial connections that you so want to believe controls them? The left makes no effort to hide theirs because it is impossible to do so.

So is that how the TP disowns the people they helped elect and disavows responsibility for their actions? Slippery libertarians never have to defend the republicans they vote for.

Most of the OWS don';t have a clue why they are there except it's cheaper to party there instead of working for a living.

TPM has respect for the entire country but doesn't step on the toes of others to get their message across. That is the main difference.

I suggest, Jackson, that you confine yourself to talking about what you know about. I assume, since you speak along those lines, that you are a member of the Tea Party movement, and so I accept that you know something about that.

But you obviously -- and I say this as a participant -- know NOTHING about Occupy. It would be wise to remedy that ignorance before displaying it any further.

So is that how the TP disowns the people they helped elect and disavows responsibility for their actions? Slippery libertarians never have to defend the republicans they vote for.

HUH? I'm sorry, the meaning of that is not at all clear to me. If you'd care to clarify I'd be happy to respond.

But I want to inform you of the difference between, on the one hand, corporate CEOs who run manufacturing companies and provide and do productive work and provide fair and valued services for private enterprise, the ordinary people, and the economy of this country . . . FROM . . . the people of Wall Street which engage in financial services, are hedge fund managers, and the like. This second group is almost to the man or woman, liberals and your political brethren. Yet it is they who lobby and contribute to people like Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, and Obama and are their supporters.

They are in the main graduates from the Ivy League schools who earn huge salaries, commissions, and fees from nothing more than manipulating money, and gaming the system, rather than dedicating their lives to and obligating their personal fortunes in the furtherance of honest production and work like those who support politicians on the Right.

FYI ... Gordon Gecko is a Liberal!

Last edited:

HUH? I'm sorry, the meaning of that is not at all clear to me. If you'd care to clarify I'd be happy to respond.

But I want to inform you of the difference between, on the one hand, corporate CEOs who run manufacturing companies and provide and do productive work and provide fair and valued services for private enterprise, the ordinary people, and the economy of this country . . . FROM . . . the people of Wall Street which engage in financial services, are hedge fund managers, and the like. This second group is almost to the man or woman, liberals and your political brethren. Yet it is they who lobby and contribute to people like Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, and Obama and are their supporters.

They are in the main graduates from the Ivy League schools who earn huge salaries, commissions, and fees from nothing more than manipulating money, and gaming the system, rather than dedicating their lives to and obligating their personal fortunes in the furtherance of honest production and work like those who support politicians on the Right.

LOL what a bunch of hogwash, the financial sector has no political loyalty, they just buy whoever is for sale in either party, the republican party seems to be bent on cutting their taxes at all costs and protecting them from scrutiny no matter how corrupted they look, and now you are telling me that they are doing all this for the sake of a bunch of LIBS!! Good lord that's rich.

I fucking hate cops but I'm glad they arrested those OWS fucks...

If I camped out in a park I would be arrested under normal circumstances, what makes the OWS fucks any different???

Using OWS logic I could just go camping anywhere I want...

They're a bunch of losers....

LOL what a bunch of hogwash, the financial sector has no political loyalty, they just buy whoever is for sale in either party, the republican party seems to be bent on cutting their taxes at all costs and protecting them from scrutiny no matter how corrupted they look, and now you are telling me that they are doing all this for the sake of a bunch of LIBS!! Good lord that's rich.

The Captains of Wall Street are Liberals. They donate more to Libs than Cons and to Cons to cover their bets, but they are Libs. and they, the captains don't do it for Liberal causes but for the power they get from their Democrat pawns.

Conservatives accept whatever contributions they get to their campaigns, and they are complicit to that extent.

Last edited:
OK, I'll bite...what are the stated goals of this movement? What do they want to achieve?

Money out of politics. Democracy, not plutocracy. That's the sine qua non.

Other than that, reversal of the government policies that have resulted in the stagnation of most people's incomes and decline of living standards over the past 30 years, with all of the gains going to the richest people. This should follow from getting the money out of politics, though.

Of course, this has been stated before many times ("what do they want" was always a deceptive bit of propaganda), so if you really don't know what the movement wants to achieve, I doubt you'll understand what I'm saying here, either.

In other words, vague slogans and statements of outrage. Nothing real or specific. Just like children throwing tantrums.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And your point would be . . . what? I haven't noticed Congress making any laws abridging the freedom of speech. Have you?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

1. Peaceably assembling does not include a right to camp out on public property for months demanding to be cleaned up after and the right to disrupt the lives of the rest of the population.

2. They are not petitioning the government for anything.. their entire purpose is to disrupt the private sector.

Nice try though.

I don't see any time limitations in the first Amendment do you?

I don't see any shantytowns in public parks in the First Amendment. Do you?

Forum List

Back