This news report from Israel is troubling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got two posters here giving counter arguments to your OP and you don’t seem willing to engage in the substance. Why’s that?
Not at all. I'm simply reacting to the implied assertion of the two of you that the doctor making the statements is some sort of quack. You didn't genuinely engage the discussion until after your searches concluded that the good doctor is indeed very competent to discuss such things.

He is either ignoring the obvious to push an anti vax narrative...
So anyone who asks about the lasting efficacy of vaccines is trying to push an "anti-vax narrative"? That's an unreasonable position.

Not at all. I'm simply reacting to the implied assertion of the two of you that the doctor making the statements is some sort of quack. You didn't genuinely engage the discussion until after your searches concluded that the good doctor is indeed very competent to discuss such things.
I never implied that the doctor was a quack. In fact I said I agreed with the statement about efficacy rate and longevity.

So anyone who asks about the lasting efficacy of vaccines is trying to push an "anti-vax narrative"? That's an unreasonable position.
I agree, that’s an unreasonable position, and not the position I was taking

I agree, that’s an unreasonable position, and not the position I was taking
There may be some quality discussion on Covid to be had on this forum, if posters can leave their partisanship at the door.

It’s a pretty simple question. Do you not know the answer?

if 100% of people are vaccinated then what percentage of Covid positive people would be vaccinated?

you can do this, simple logic, show us your brain is working, I believe in you!!

The problem is that the VE is deteriorating. The gov here knows this.

There may be some quality discussion on Covid to be had on this forum, if posters can leave their partisanship at the door.
I agree… it also helps when people can answer question directly and not dodge like you’ve been doing with all the ones I’ve been asking you

Can you answer my question? How do you people just completely ignore simple questions and then expect me to give a respectful response to you when you try and change the subject?!. Come on, grow up.

Can you answer my question? How do you people just completely ignore simple questions and then expect me to give a respectful response to you when you try and change the subject?!. Come on, grow up.

Do you see how the vaccines are losing effectiveness over time? I agree that if 100% of people were vaccinated ALL of the cases would be in vaccinated people. This would be insignificant if the breakthrough cases were indeed exceedingly rare and if the cases in highly vaxxed nations were not exploding. But this is not the case, as you see. So maybe we can stop playing in hypotheticals and look at what is actually going on

Did you look at the numbers in that tweet? VE is improving in the sections highlighted. What’s with you people and not understanding basic statistics?!

Do you see how the vaccines are losing effectiveness over time? I agree that if 100% of people were vaccinated ALL of the cases would be in vaccinated people. This would be insignificant if the breakthrough cases were indeed exceedingly rare and if the cases in highly vaxxed nations were not exploding. But this is not the case, as you see. So maybe we can stop playing in hypotheticals and look at what is actually going on
Y’all are trying to spin increasing numbers of breakthrough cases as some kind of failing vax narrative when in fact those numbers are rising because the number of vaxed people is rising. That makes those stats insignificant. What they should be looking at is efficacy rates, which is definitely worse with Delta. If you want to have an honest conversation then use honest data. The OP stats were misleading at best.

Your chart shows better data but improving VE, which you tried and paint as declining

Did you look at the numbers in that tweet? VE is improving in the sections highlighted. What’s with you people and not understanding basic statistics?!

.....please explain what you THINK you are seeing here

?!?!

Hey Slade3200

It sounds like the FDA is also pushing an "anti-vax narrative".

Perhaps you should check with your Party's masters before commenting further.

.....please explain what you THINK you are seeing here

?!?!
I’m seeing a -17.1% go to -16% for the 60+ age range and an over all VE go from 1.3% to 14%. Now you tell me is that increasing or decreasing?

Hey Slade3200

It sounds like the FDA is also pushing an "anti-vax narrative".

Perhaps you should check with your Party's masters before commenting further.
How about you actually answer a question or address a point that ive made instead of completely ignoring my comments and posting random shit? You are setting a horrible example of how to have a straight forward discussion

I’m seeing a -17.1% go to -16% for the 60+ age range and an over all VE go from 1.3% to 14%. Now you tell me is that increasing or decreasing?

Let me get this straight.

The vaccines for the vulnerable age group ARE IN THE DOUBLE DIGIT NEGATIVES

They wavered by one digit and you think this is grand?

We're lost

How about you actually answer a question or address a point that ive made instead of completely ignoring my comments and posting random shit? You are setting a horrible example of how to have a straight forward discussion
I've provided data from an expert while you've pretended to be one.

I’d actually question these numbers as they should be showing declining numbers as Delta spreads and it is known that it has a lower efficacy rate than the original strain… also as antibodies wear off for those who have been vaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back