This is one of many reasons this nation needs government now more than ever

What products?
I find it a bit disingenuous to go harping about chemicals but then fail to list the products or chemicals.
And if they can count em? Wouldnt that indicate that they know what they are already?
We are talking about 50,000 chemicals. Obviously that is a wide range of products. What does it matter if you don't know which ones? Ite products people buy. Why would they list 50000 chemicals in that article?

I don't understand why you people defend the free market no matter what. It's kind of pathetic.

Again...if they can count them they know what those chemicals are.
Of course they know what chemicals. The point is that they wouldn't list 50000 of them in the article I cited.

If they can count em they can tell you if they're poisonous.
There is no way in hell these 50k chemicals are bad for you,in fact i'd bet it's an incredibly small percentage in food from china.
Lol how could you possibly make that conclusion? You're just pulling this shit out of your ass. It's amazing what you cons will do to defend the private market. I mean Christ, can they do no wrong? You're being ridiculous.

Whats ridiculous is the idea companies are poisoning us wholesale and no one else knows about it.

We are talking about 50,000 chemicals. Obviously that is a wide range of products. What does it matter if you don't know which ones? Ite products people buy. Why would they list 50000 chemicals in that article?

I don't understand why you people defend the free market no matter what. It's kind of pathetic.

Of course they know what chemicals. The point is that they wouldn't list 50000 of them in the article I cited.

There is no way in hell these 50k chemicals are bad for you,in fact i'd bet it's an incredibly small percentage in food from china.
Lol how could you possibly make that conclusion? You're just pulling this shit out of your ass. It's amazing what you cons will do to defend the private market. I mean Christ, can they do no wrong? You're being ridiculous.

Whats ridiculous is the idea companies are poisoning us wholesale and no one else knows about it.
Any harm done by these products can only be proven with scientific studies.

So you think there are all these chemicals out there being given to the public and no one knows the effect on the humane body?:lmao:

Ya wanna test some arsenic?:mm:

So you think there are all these chemicals out there being given to the public and no one knows the effect on the humane body?:lmao:

Well apparently you don't understand the concept of scientific testing. The only way to objectively conclude that a chemical is harmful, is by testing it. Otherwise, there's no reason to discuss the issue.

Perhaps you are assuming these chemicals would be dangerous in the sense that they kill on the spot. No I don't think any of them do that. That doesn't mean they don't have harmful effects in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were carciogenics. Meaning, they raise your risk of getting cancer. Maybe something else raises blood pressure. There is range of possibilities. The only way to know for sure if it does, is by testing it.

Well apparently you don't understand the concept of scientific testing. The only way to objectively conclude that a chemical is harmful, is by testing it. Otherwise, there's no reason to discuss the issue.

Perhaps you are assuming these chemicals would be dangerous in the sense that they kill on the spot. No I don't think any of them do that. That doesn't mean they don't have harmful effects in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were carciogenics. Meaning, they raise your risk of getting cancer. Maybe something else raises blood pressure. There is range of possibilities. The only way to know for sure if it does, is by testing it.

What,like bacon?

There are about 50,000 chemicals in American products yet only 300 of them in the last few decades have been tested scientifically. That's because of a failure of proper government legislation or lack thereof. Shit gets dangerous when the private market does whatever it wants. Why is the rightwing okay with this?

The Great Chemical Unknown: A Graphical View of Limited Lab Testing

Still think we don't need regulations?

Why is it we keep having to explain simple stuff to left wing nutters? Are they incapable of thought because they are progressives, or are they progressives because they are incapable of thought?
You and I both know that I am right.

Dude, it's blatantly obvious that you don't know anything.
No. You just know you can't argue it. That's why you haven't.

You are correct. No one can argue with that kind of stupidity.

There are about 50,000 chemicals in American products yet only 300 of them in the last few decades have been tested scientifically. That's because of a failure of proper government legislation or lack thereof. Shit gets dangerous when the private market does whatever it wants. Why is the rightwing okay with this?

Why is it we keep having to explain simple stuff to left wing nutters? Are they incapable of thought because they are progressives, or are they progressives because they are incapable of thought?

people dont indulge you in your arguments because they recognize a full-blown brainwashed left-wing retard when they see one.

Well it's just that his ironic point has been argued over many times. The left has list it every time but the mirons keep regurgitating that debunked crap over and over. Rather that argue, I just make fun of them, you can't fix that kind of stupidity.

Billy, some of us are adults and neither require nor desire a government looking out for us. We are mature enough to handle our own affairs ourselves. One day when you grow up . . . and leave home . . . and DaDa and Mama aren't babying you ...
So you're okay with children using these products as well then? Hmm.

What products?
I find it a bit disingenuous to go harping about chemicals but then fail to list the products or chemicals.
And if they can count em? Wouldnt that indicate that they know what they are already?

of course you dont comrade. i wont bother asking you why you feel compelled to constantly put it down; i dont give a shit.

i will bet though something about the free market allows you to continue posting every day here.
As usual you cons fail to see a nuance in opinion. I support capitalism and a private market. I just believe the market should be strictly regulated to protect consumers.

Who regulates the market more than the US government? What isn't regulated: Stop signs, mattresses, computers, televisions, water, air, automobiles, cell phones, computer desks, alcohol, cigarettes, kleenex, pillows, laundry detergent, car speakers, napkins, fast food......

The question is not what does government regulate, the question is what do they not regulate?

What,like bacon?
As a carciogenic, yes.

What products?

of course you dont comrade. i wont bother asking you why you feel compelled to constantly put it down; i dont give a shit.

i will bet though something about the free market allows you to continue posting every day here.
As usual you cons fail to see a nuance in opinion. I support capitalism and a private market. I just believe the market should be strictly regulated to protect consumers.

Who regulates the market more than the US government? What isn't regulated: Stop signs, mattresses, computers, televisions, water, air, automobiles, cell phones, computer desks, alcohol, cigarettes, kleenex, pillows, laundry detergent, car speakers, napkins, fast food......

The question is not what does government regulate, the question is what do they not regulate?

I believe that the EPA does not yet measure the amount of methane gas due to flatulence. May be the NSA collects that info and passes it on to the EPA. So try not to fart when you are on the phone.

You are correct. No one can argue with that kind of stupidity.
Do you even realize how transparent you come across?

None of them are ingested, so why should anyone be concerned?

What products?

They definitely don't regulate all of those things. They certainly have a hand in them sure.

Of course they are ingested. What are you talking about?

Of course they are ingested. What are you talking about?

Sorry, but there are not 50,000 chemicals added to our food. Any chemical added to food has to be thoroughly tested. That's an FDA regulation.

What products?

They definitely don't regulate all of those things. They certainly have a hand in them sure.

Of course they regulate all those things. What do we have the dozens of bureaucracies for? You think somebody can manufacture a product or open up a company without the approval by several layers of government?

We are the most regulated country in the world. In fact over the last two years, two of our customers were closed down by the federal government for petty nonsensical crap. Both lost millions of dollars in sales and they are still trying to get back on their feet.

Of course they regulate all those things. What do we have the dozens of bureaucracies for? You think somebody can manufacture a product or open up a company without the approval by several layers of government?

We are the most regulated country in the world. In fact over the last two years, two of our customers were closed down by the federal government for petty nonsensical crap. Both lost millions of dollars in sales and they are still trying to get back on their feet.

Ray from Cleveland, excellent comment

The US is now a massive regulatory fascistic state.

What,like bacon?
As a carciogenic, yes.

So is it on the list?

What,like bacon?
As a carciogenic, yes.

So is it on the list?
Well no because it is a processed meat product, not a chemical ingredient.

Forum List

Back