This is one of many reasons this nation needs government now more than ever

Lol how could you possibly make that conclusion? You're just pulling this shit out of your ass. It's amazing what you cons will do to defend the private market. I mean Christ, can they do no wrong? You're being ridiculous.

Whats ridiculous is the idea companies are poisoning us wholesale and no one else knows about it.
Any harm done by these products can only be proven with scientific studies.

None of them are ingested, so why should anyone be concerned?
Of course they are ingested. What are you talking about?

Sorry, but there are not 50,000 chemicals added to our food. Any chemical added to food has to be thoroughly tested. That's an FDA regulation.
Okay I did my research and I will concede you are right about this. Of course I must ask, don't you think that's a good thing?

Last edited:
There are about 50,000 chemicals in American products yet only 300 of them in the last few decades have been tested scientifically. That's because of a failure of proper government legislation or lack thereof. Shit gets dangerous when the private market does whatever it wants. Why is the rightwing okay with this?

The Great Chemical Unknown: A Graphical View of Limited Lab Testing

Still think we don't need regulations?
The Right would like the chemical companies to test their own products.

Whats ridiculous is the idea companies are poisoning us wholesale and no one else knows about it.

Sorry, but there are not 50,000 chemicals added to our food. Any chemical added to food has to be thoroughly tested. That's an FDA regulation.
Okay I did my research and I will concede you are right about this. Of course I must ask, don't you think that's a good thing?

Here ya go, dumbass:

Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)

"GRAS" is an acronym for the phrase Generally Recognized As Safe. Under sections 201(s) and 409 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act), any substance that is intentionally added to food is a food additive, that is subject to premarket review and approval by FDA, unless the substance is generally recognized, among qualified experts, as having been adequately shown to be safe under the conditions of its intended use, or unless the use of the substance is otherwise excluded from the definition of a food additive.

Under sections 201(s) and 409 of the Act, and FDA's implementing regulations in 21 CFR 170.3 and 21 CFR 170.30, the use of a food substance may be GRAS either through scientific procedures or, for a substance used in food before 1958, through experience based on common use in food.

• Under 21 CFR 170.30(b), general recognition of safety through scientific procedures requires the same quantity and quality of scientific evidence as is required to obtain approval of the substance as a food additive and ordinarily is based upon published studies, which may be corroborated by unpublished studies and other data and information.
  • Under 21 CFR 170.30(c) and 170.3(f), general recognition of safety through experience based on common use in foods requires a substantial history of consumption for food use by a significant number of consumers.

Why is it we keep having to explain simple stuff to left wing nutters? Are they incapable of thought because they are progressives, or are they progressives because they are incapable of thought?
You and I both know that I am right.

Dude, it's blatantly obvious that you don't know anything.
No. You just know you can't argue it. That's why you haven't.

You are correct. No one can argue with that kind of stupidity.
Do you even realize how transparent you come across?

To an ignorant and barely literate left wing nut job? No I guess I don't. But I don't care either.

You and I both know that I am right.

Dude, it's blatantly obvious that you don't know anything.
No. You just know you can't argue it. That's why you haven't.

You are correct. No one can argue with that kind of stupidity.
Do you even realize how transparent you come across?

To an ignorant and barely literate left wing nut job? No I guess I don't. But I don't care either.

Notice that he hasn't responded to my post.

PAWNED!

Here ya go, dumbass:

"GRAS" is an acronym for the phrase Generally Recognized As Safe. Under sections 201(s) and 409 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act), any substance that is intentionally added to food is a food additive, that is subject to premarket review and approval by FDA, unless the substance is generally recognized, among qualified experts, as having been adequately shown to be safe under the conditions of its intended use, or unless the use of the substance is otherwise excluded from the definition of a food additive.

Under sections 201(s) and 409 of the Act, and FDA's implementing regulations in 21 CFR 170.3 and 21 CFR 170.30, the use of a food substance may be GRAS either through scientific procedures or, for a substance used in food before 1958, through experience based on common use in food.

• Under 21 CFR 170.30(b), general recognition of safety through scientific procedures requires the same quantity and quality of scientific evidence as is required to obtain approval of the substance as a food additive and ordinarily is based upon published studies, which may be corroborated by unpublished studies and other data and information.
  • Under 21 CFR 170.30(c) and 170.3(f), general recognition of safety through experience based on common use in foods requires a substantial history of consumption for food use by a significant number of consumers.
Lol you cons will milk any victory you can get won't you?

Here ya go, dumbass:

Is that your way of admitting that you were completely and utterly wrong?

Here ya go, dumbass:

Lol dude I just told you I was wrong. You quoted me saying you were right. Tell me, does your penis feel bigger now?

Thank you Obama...
Blame every politician since 1976 for not doing anything about this.
Once again, when it suits you, Obama is blameless
You're such an idiot. Obvioisly Obama is a politician since 1976 lol. I never said he wasn't at fault.
You implied it with your 1976 statement. Unlike some spineless morons, I do not allow for walk backs on comments.
Lol as usual you doofuses just believe what you want to believe.
I think you are the one who is a "believer"...
More government.....Was that not your idea to start this silly thread?...

There are about 50,000 chemicals in American products yet only 300 of them in the last few decades have been tested scientifically. That's because of a failure of proper government legislation or lack thereof. Shit gets dangerous when the private market does whatever it wants. Why is the rightwing okay with this?

The Great Chemical Unknown: A Graphical View of Limited Lab Testing

Still think we don't need regulations?
Uh Billy. There are 50000 chemicals in everything that grows out of the ground. You know, all those flavors and shit that natural foods have. Yeah, those are chemicals.
Now, you would have a point if the Democrats bothered to fund reseatch into dihydroxen oxide. But they're too beholden to their corporate masters to want to touch that, even though it's added to so many foods.
That's your response? You actually think it's "natural" to have all of those synthetic chemicals you are too stupid to pronounce on the ingredient list of your foods like BREAD?
Then DON'T CONSUME them..Leave the rest of us the fuck alone......
You do know of course, that I am not talking about just food. Also, something as basic as produce still has additives sprayed on them nowadays.
Dude...Nobody cares about shit that is not harmful....You can believe whatever you wish.....Nobody cares about that either

So you think there are all these chemicals out there being given to the public and no one knows the effect on the humane body?:lmao:

Ya wanna test some arsenic?:mm:
Well apparently you don't understand the concept of scientific testing. The only way to objectively conclude that a chemical is harmful, is by testing it. Otherwise, there's no reason to discuss the issue.

Perhaps you are assuming these chemicals would be dangerous in the sense that they kill on the spot. No I don't think any of them do that. That doesn't mean they don't have harmful effects in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were carciogenics. Meaning, they raise your risk of getting cancer. Maybe something else raises blood pressure. There is range of possibilities. The only way to know for sure if it does, is by testing it.

What,like bacon?
As a carciogenic, yes.

So is it on the list?
Well no because it is a processed meat product, not a chemical ingredient.

Bacon isnt a processed meat product.

Uh Billy. There are 50000 chemicals in everything that grows out of the ground. You know, all those flavors and shit that natural foods have. Yeah, those are chemicals.
Now, you would have a point if the Democrats bothered to fund reseatch into dihydroxen oxide. But they're too beholden to their corporate masters to want to touch that, even though it's added to so many foods.
That's your response? You actually think it's "natural" to have all of those synthetic chemicals you are too stupid to pronounce on the ingredient list of your foods like BREAD?
Then DON'T CONSUME them..Leave the rest of us the fuck alone......
You do know of course, that I am not talking about just food. Also, something as basic as produce still has additives sprayed on them nowadays.
You are free to start your one person crusade. or you can exercise your freedom of choice and consume only 'organically grown or otherwise produced foods.
Organic is also a corporate joke. How typical for you dumbass right wingers to not fault the actual companies. I mean my god, not every product sold comes with an ingredients label. How are consumers supposed to be aware that they shouldn't buy these products? How are kids supposed to know better? These products are fucking everywhere. That's America for you.
Oh so you want ot engage in a contest of insults?....Here's one for you....
Go wipe that green drippy shit from your twat....

If you'd stopped to think it was obvious.....

Here ya go, dumbass:

Lol dude I just told you I was wrong. You quoted me saying you were right. Tell me, does your penis feel bigger now?
What happened to yours? Lorena Bobbit got you too there soprano?

Billy, some of us are adults and neither require nor desire a government looking out for us. We are mature enough to handle our own affairs ourselves. One day when you grow up . . . and leave home . . . and DaDa and Mama aren't babying you ...
So you're okay with children using these products as well then? Hmm.
Ah.....The "Children" card......Please.
Lol I should apologize because you don't care about children?
Two things you straw man arguing dolt.....I neither stated or implied I did not care about kids. Second.....I neither asked for nor desire an apology....
Hm okay so what is implied by the "children card"? Your logic is that I am appealing to emotion right? That's retarded. I'm still right about what I said. Children are exposed to these products daily. Obviously that matters.
"Children are exposed"...The "children card"......get it?
It matters to you. Fine.. Go wring your hands.....Nobody cares about your irrational fears.

Here ya go, dumbass:

Hey Billy, at least he has one.
You understand that deadly nightshade is "natural" but still deadly, right? Just because something is "natural" does not make it safe. Just because something is "artificial" does not make it dangerous.

Forum List

Back