'This is not going to end well': on CNN with Jim Acosta, Former Fox anchor Gretchen Carlson reacts to recent rhetoric

Just listen to the news, from multiple sources and filter out the editorial bullsh#t from both sides like big boy. You can still watch FOX and keep your subscript to RT.com.

You're really good at assumptions, too bad they're most always wrong.

Tucker is an isolationist. He probably isn't even aware that we promised to protect Ukraine so they would give up the nukes they had after the breakup of the Soviet Union.

That agreement was not legally binding. However …

***snip***

The memorandum, signed in 1994, is not legally binding.

Nonetheless, it embeds and reaffirms the solemn assurances that are the hallmark of the international system. These include respect for state sovereignty, the inviolability of international borders and abstention from the threat or use of force.

Ukraine’s decision to give up nuclear weapons signaled its desire to be seen as a member in good standing of the international community, rather than an outlier.

The decision was not just symbolic. While Ukraine did not inherit a fully fledged nuclear capacity – Russia still held important parts of the nuclear infrastructure – Ukraine had the necessary technological and industrial ability to close the gaps.

Many in Ukraine feel that the country’s 1994 decision to give up its nuclear arms was a mistake.

Popular support for nuclear rearmament rose to a historic high of nearly 50% in the wake of Russia’s invasion in 2014. Since then, that view has been supported by some Ukrainian public figures.
…emphasis added

Perhaps Putin in worried that the Ukraine might reacquire nukes. As corrupt as the Ukraine is I would be worried if I was Putin too.

The memorandum, signed in 1994, is not legally binding.

lol so what? mutual defense agreements are common, and once you start welshing on any of them you lose any credibility re all the others; one thing the U.S. is noted for is standing with its allies and honoring its agreements, which is why it used to be able to stop shit like this with basic diplomatic means. Since Clinton and Obama, and now Biden, that is no longer the case, so you're going to see a lot more of Putin, Xi, The Mad Midget, the Mullah thugs, and every other shithead psycho dictator on the planet going for the gold.

She nails it on both major points:

First regarding Fox, "Slowly but surely, this has morphed into eradicating any other point of view, since the Trump era -- it's gone from opinion, which is fine, into devolving into completely non-fact-based theories and outright dangerous rhetoric, and I think it's a great disservice to our country".

Second, on how we consume media in general: "It's really hard to change people's opinions, because we're only watching what we want to hear, and that's the other problem we're having in our society with the media right now. We're so siloed into only watching what we agree with. And so every day, that thought process just gets reinforced."

"This won't end well", she says. An understandable conclusion to reach.

lol so what? mutual defense agreements are common, and once you start welshing on any of them you lose any credibility re all the others; one thing the U.S. is noted for is standing with its allies and honoring its agreements, which is why it used to be able to stop shit like this with basic diplomatic means. Since Clinton and Obama, and now Biden, that is no longer the case, so you're going to see a lot more of Putin, Xi, The Mad Midget, the Mullah thugs, and every other shithead psycho dictator on the planet going for the gold.
Nice selective quoting.
1643364132428.gif

You quoted part of my post. The memorandum, signed in 1994, is not legally binding.

However you left out what followed.

I posted That agreement was not legally binding. However …

Then I followed up with a link that discussed the issue in depth and mentioned much of what you posted plus something I haven’t heard mentioned before. Ukraine was considering nuclear rearmament and 50% of the people in that nation were for it.

We best be damn careful here. WWIII might start over some minor event in that area of the world.

The Ukraine is one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Ask Joe and Hunter who profited from corruption in that nation. Do we really want to defend such a corrupt nation? Perhaps the people in that nation might be better off as part of Russia.

I know the military industrial complex in our nation is desperately looking for some dirty little war to fight for profit. Let’s pick our wars carefully.

I doubt if we can defend both the Ukraine and Taiwan but I feel it makes more sense to help out Taiwan If China decides to take it over.
We have an actual treaty to defend Taiwan, not Ukraine.

There is a lot of unfounded interest in keeping the Ukraine out of Putin's hands. You might take pause and ponder on why that is. IMHO most of it due to US/EU stakeholders in the rank corruption there.

Here's just a taste, and it's from 2019 so it's not like this is anything new, maybe a few names have changed.

Corrupt Senators Took Ukraine Cash

I simply can't support a corrupt country that's being used as a personal and organizational piggy bank for dem political slags and their families....Likely some on the gop side too as far as arms procurement for the Ukraine goes.

If a sabre is rattling then start following the money.

We best be damn careful here. WWIII might start over some minor event in that area of the world.
putin is a scavenger

when he sees easy prey he takes it

the danger of war is the west sending weak signals as we are now

but then surprising him with unexpected resistance

thats what happened in Korea

where I’m sure stalin would not have given kim il sung the green light to invade if he thought the UN was going to react with military force

Tucker is a Putin Puffer, as Trump was.
I dont agree with Tucker on this issue at this time

But Tucker can change his mind if confronted with better arguments or new information

otherwise I’ll just have disagree with him on this

Maybe Germany has it right...the absolute worst thing possible is about to happen...A Russia/China aligning...that was something Trump was working on preventing....and now Biden due to incompetence is cementing....
Longterm the Russian dictatorship is vulnerable to the chicom dictatorship

But if the US resists naked chinese military aggression over Taiwan putin will be strongly tempted to invade ukraine

or if Putin invades ukraine and ties up US military there Xi might strike against Taiwan

that was not true during the Cold War when we maintained enough forces to successfully fight on two fronts

now, its questionable and to do so will cost more American lives thanks to penny-pinching libs

You're really good at assumptions, too bad they're most always wrong.

Too bad you let some talking head, get you upset for 4 years. So Donny was a dipshit and accost asked question your and your hero didn't like. Big deal.

Exactly!!

We must ignore all false narratives pushed out by the left before the 2020 election.
We wouldn't want Acosta to cry more like a little bitch. It's unseemly.
You care if he cries of something, real or imaginary? You really get too wrapped up in these people. Take a pill.

Is he all flexible with Putin?
Is he handing out too many reset buttons?
Reset buttons with Putin? What would be the point? Start over with him keeping the Crimean Peninsula, but now a nice guy as he rattles his tank track in prep to invade the rest of Ukraine, but would be a nice guy making one little slip, only for people like you to ask for another reset next time he wants to take back another break away country? You seem like a modern Neville Chamberlain, appeaser kind of guy.

I dont agree with Tucker on this issue at this time

But Tucker can change his mind if confronted with better arguments or new information

otherwise I’ll just have disagree with him o as the slightest breeze
Tucker should change, but he is just a wind up puppet, and in the pocket of Putin, just because Donny is.

Reset buttons with Putin? What would be the point? Start over with him keeping the Crimean Peninsula, but now a nice guy as he rattles his tank track in prep to invade the rest of Ukraine, but would be a nice guy making one little slip, only for people like you to ask for another reset next time he wants to take back another break away country? You seem like a modern Neville Chamberlain, appeaser kind of guy.

Reset buttons with Putin? What would be the point?

You'd have to ask the corrupt old sot who thought it was a good idea.

You seem like a modern Neville Chamberlain, appeaser kind of guy.

Like the Dems who thought Russia was groovy for 100 years after the revolution?

Forum List

Back