This is not an easy endorsement to make.

I'm sure MSNBC will say he lost because he's black, and I'm sure if he wins pundits on FOX will spew he won because he's black.

I'm equally sure most Americans will know he won/lost based on his record and his plan for the future.

If he wins it will have nothing to do with his record.

I'm sure MSNBC will say he lost because he's black, and I'm sure if he wins pundits on FOX will spew he won because he's black.

I'm equally sure most Americans will know he won/lost based on his record and his plan for the future.

Really, has FOX or any outlet claimed his color for his victory?

On the other hand it has been repeated a buzillian times those of us who didn't vote for him was due to his race.

how about the NY Times?

Hmm, I think if he loses we may see an online opinion piece that touches on race being a factor, but nothing in the paper itsself.

If obama loses and any media sources uses that as a reason why he lost will they also accept the repercussions of what their words might cause? It may just cause some riots.

how about the NY Times?

Hmm, I think if he loses we may see an online opinion piece that touches on race being a factor, but nothing in the paper itsself.

If obama loses and any media sources uses that as a reason why he lost will they also accept the repercussions of what their words might cause? It may just cause some riots.

When was the last time there were riots over the presidental election?

When did people feel that their was an injustice done over race?

If there ever was an election that should have led to riots, it was 04.

Don't worry, the black folk won't be tipping over parked cars and burning sears down if Obama loses.:eusa_hand:

Don't worry, the black folk won't be tipping over parked cars and burning sears down if Obama loses.:eusa_hand:

Their was no outcry because of racial injustice in 2004. If the media plays the he lost because he was black you bet their will be riots.

Lee Enterprises-- the company that owns the Wisconsin State Journal, La Crosse Tribune and scores of other newspapers accross the country doesn't like unions.
In fact, they so dislike unions that they have put up a website called LeeUnionFree.Net specifically outlining why exactly unions are so horrible. They have all kinds of neat stuff, including the untruthful little piece of propaganda on the left.
And if you click on the "facts about unions" button it takes you to the home page for the Center for Union Facts, which just so happents to be the same group has made a million dollar ad buy on behalf of Scott Kevin Walker....

So, for those keeping score at home, not only do most of the Lee Enterprise board give heavily to Republican candidates and conservative groups, they actually have a website preaching anti-union vitriol annnnnd they even are aligned with a group that is running pro-Walker ads in Wisconsin right now!

State Journal's Company Aligned with Group Running Pro-Waker Ads | Uppity Wisconsin

Their was no outcry because of racial injustice in 2004. If the media plays the he lost because he was black you bet their will be riots.

The media may not even have to play a large part by then

LiveLeak.com - Thomas Sowell - Race Riots Coming (comments)

The msm will not be touting that he lost because he's black and msnbc and online blogs/opinion pieces will not cause people to take to the streets in violent protest.
i'll be keeping a close eye on ed schultz Maddow and a few others Someone will slip and spew that venom That is if obama loses

The media may not even have to play a large part by then

LiveLeak.com - Thomas Sowell - Race Riots Coming (comments)

I hope if anyone uses that argument obama lost because he was black that they come forward and except full irresponsibility

actually that's a big reason he did get elected....he had less specifics in 08 than this year and both of those are far less than Romney has.
And yeah alot of folks wanted to see a black guy as President.....which I support, if they are a republican/conservative/liberatarian type....but I hate progressive/liberal/democrats......
Actually, no its not.

Dems didn't pick Obama over Hiliary because he's black, and Americans didn't pick him over McCain because he's black. No matter how many times people say "he was only elected because of the color of his skin" it won't make it a fact.

So if he loses, race wont have a thing to do with it either?

I doubt it. Not only is REVERSE racism the big trend these days, but Barack Obama is the living embodiment of what I've always said: there's no point in hating someone for their race when, if you spend five minutes with them, they'll give you so many much more valid reasons to hate them.

He got elected cause he is Black. No other reason. I would have voted for Clinton instead of McCain but Obama had such shitty plans and proposals there was no way I was voting for him. And look 4 years later he has proven he is an empty suit.

That's a lot of nonsense, but it's always fun to see a conservative play the race card.

actually that's a big reason he did get elected....he had less specifics in 08 than this year and both of those are far less than Romney has.
And yeah alot of folks wanted to see a black guy as President.....which I support, if they are a republican/conservative/liberatarian type....but I hate progressive/liberal/democrats......

And this time his re-election will be due to the Republicans choosing someone they didn't want.
Someone that changes sides on issues faster than events become issues.

They shot their own feet off with the flip-flop man.

After Governor Romney's concession speech, ya'll can go back to threatoning seccesion, second amendment solutions, and other wingnut conspiracy nonsense.

That's a lot of nonsense, but it's always fun to see a conservative play the race card.

And this time his re-election will be due to the Republicans choosing someone they didn't want.

All the during the primaries the left kept saying that they were hoping for anyone but Romney, because he was the one they saw as the biggest threat to Obama...they just didn't think he was actually conservative enough to get the nod. Now the left wants to pretend that he was the worst pick for the right to win. Bullshit.

All the during the primaries the left kept saying that they were hoping for anyone but Romney, because he was the one they saw as the biggest threat to Obama...they just didn't think he was actually conservative enough to get the nod. Now the left wants to pretend that he was the worst pick for the right to win. Bullshit.

Let me preface this by saying, I think Romney is going to win.

Now, having said that, I also think the list of contenders for nomination read more like a comedy lineup than a presidential bid. Romney was the best pick, of a crappy lot. The left wanted anyone but Romney because then they could point and laugh all the way to an Obama second term. However, the fact that Romney doesn't have a serious lead on Obama shows what a poor candidate he actually is.

The list of everything Mitt Romney isn't is long, and not worth going over. However least it gets brushed over, there were plenty of loud, angry republicans right next to those lefties denouncing Mitt Romney.

Now, having said that, I also think the list of contenders for nomination read more like a comedy lineup than a presidential bid. Romney was the best pick, of a crappy lot. The left wanted anyone but Romney because then they could point and laugh all the way to an Obama second term. However, the fact that Romney doesn't have a serious lead on Obama shows what a poor candidate he actually is.

The list of everything Mitt Romney isn't is long, and not worth going over. However least it gets brushed over, there were plenty of loud, angry republicans right next to those lefties denouncing Mitt Romney.

My point still remains that it's disingenuous for the left to act as if Romney was the wrong choice, when they expressed worry many months ago that IF he was selected, that he'd be moderate enough to win. There were even a few on the left who said they wouldn't be devastated with a Romney win because he wasn't some right wing extremist. Now they want to change the narrative as though they never said those things.

My point still remains that it's disingenuous for the left to act as if Romney was the wrong choice, when they expressed worry many months ago that IF he was selected, that he'd be moderate enough to win. There were even a few on the left who said they wouldn't be devastated with a Romney win because he wasn't some right wing extremist. Now they want to change the narrative as though they never said those things.

Romney was the only choice.

However I agree, it is disingenuous to paint Romney as severely conservative(;)). He's a moderate, he governed Mass. like a moderate and I'm sure he will be just as moderate as president.

Forum List

Back