This Is Important

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Oven goooood. Oven frennnnnnd.

I cook it in the oven when I put brown sugar and chili on it so it's sweet and spicy. Otherwise it's in the pan on the stove because the grease is used for other stuff.

Bacon. Food of the Gawds.

Used to eat it raw as a kid. True story.

Kind of depends on the bacon you are cooking also. Best answer for the thin bargain bacon is not the same answer for the very thick upper end bacon. If the thin, the microwave is all it deserves and the grease is the purest, cleanest for seasoning as some of us do still season with bacon grease. On the good stuff, microwave is an insult to the meat. Oven just takes too long and I have no experience with convection ovens popular these days. I really love bacon. Thanks for the thread, Billy.:p

Partially fry bacon, wrap said bacon around corn on the cob, wrap that in tinfoil and put on the barbeque grill. Delicious corn results.

I use the oven.

And I weave it together kinda like this...

600x540_ac.jpg

You end up with these little perfectly done bacon squares that are great for burgers and BLTs.

20130723-bacon-weave-food-lab-burger-step-by-step-14.jpg

Or if I'm in a hurry I'll just use George Foreman clamshell grill. It's quick because it heats up quick and grills it from both sides at once, and keeps the bacon from curling up.

And all of the bacon grease conveniently drains into a little tray that you can empty into a jar if you save bacon grease for cooking.

Last edited:

Have you ever tried bread fried in bacon grease???

Great!!!

1598960085605.png

And.....the single greatest bar to Islam's dominance: Asians live their pork!!!!

Great!!!

Biscuits fried in bacon grease is insanely good!!!
Cut up some Grand biscuits into quarters and toss em around in about a half inch of grease.
So simple yet soooo good slathered in butter and your choice of preserves.

There is only two wrong ways to cook bacon, microwaving and sous-vide. All others are just differing types of awesomeness.

Great!!!
Every time I make grilled cheese sandwiches! :SMILEW~130:

Forum List

Back