Third Party or Party Loyalty?

Never3ndr

Silver Member
Feb 29, 2016
With Trump securing the Republican nomination and the likely nomination of Hillary we are likely to see a clash between Clinton and Trump for our general election.

Now, I know that Trump has many zealot-like supporters here. However, there are many anti-Trump posters. Hillary, as far as I can tell, has pretty much no support on this forum (which I don't disagree with at all). So, in an election where a number of Americans, like myself and many here, are faced between two candidates that they absolutely despise...what are you going to do? Will you vote for the party you normally support? Will you look to a likely rising Third Party candidate?

Personally, I've never believed in voting third party. I feel that our President should have been voted for by the majority of Americans (over 50%, which is increasingly hard as more candidates are allowed to field themselves). However, this may be the first election cycle where I look to a third party for the first time to vote.

With Trump securing the Republican nomination and the likely nomination of Hillary we are likely to see a clash between Clinton and Trump for our general election.

Now, I know that Trump has many zealot-like supporters here. However, there are many anti-Trump posters. Hillary, as far as I can tell, has pretty much no support on this forum (which I don't disagree with at all). So, in an election where a number of Americans, like myself and many here, are faced between two candidates that they absolutely despise...what are you going to do? Will you vote for the party you normally support? Will you look to a likely rising Third Party candidate?

Personally, I've never believed in voting third party. I feel that our President should have been voted for by the majority of Americans (over 50%, which is increasingly hard as more candidates are allowed to field themselves). However, this may be the first election cycle where I look to a third party for the first time to vote.
There are quite a few Sanders supporters here. About 30% of the democrats here are HARD pro-Bernie. You are pissing in the wind and hoping to stay dry. Cruz won't run 3rd party because he would not only lose that but his Senate seat as well.

And you MAY just see a Trump/Cruz ticket before this is over.

I think most people will end up voting AGAINST the candidate they fear the most. If you hate Trump, vote Hillary, if you hate Hillary, vote Trump. This could be the most negative election ever.

I always planned on voting for Gary Johnson once Rand Paul left the race, so that has not changed any

Trump earned the nomination. He had every Democrat and every Republican establishment PLUS the entire media trying to stop him. He spent less than the other candidates and still kicked their asses. Third party? That's like saying "If I can't have it, nobody can".

Oh shit, there are a ton of paid posters that support Hillary that post here.

.. .. and I think a lawyer or two also when it comes right down to it. :eusa_think:

:lmao:

But yeah, I agree with you.

Now is the time for a VERY charismatic and intelligent and honest third party person to break the strangle hold the two party system has had on this nation.

But who?

There's Still Time for a Serious Third-Party Presidential Run
It's not too late—yet—for Trump or an anti-Trump to make a credible independent bid.
How a Serious Third-Party Presidential Run Could Still Happen

If you believe Hillary has no support on this forum you haven't been here long enough to realize how quickly the Liberals on this forum will consolidate behind her.

Having said that I don't think she has the easy path to victory that many here say she does.
Trump's chances imo are 100% dependent on who he announces for his cabinet.
I will not vote FOR Trump but I may vote for his cabinet.

Third party? That's like saying "If I can't have it, nobody can".

Why don't we just have one party then?
We already have a one party system. Some have and R and some have a D but they're both the same party. Haven't you figured that out yet? The 2014 mid term election should have convinced you.

Why do you think I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate?
I didn't say you were. You did though.

Third party? That's like saying "If I can't have it, nobody can".

Why don't we just have one party then?
We already have a one party system. Some have and R and some have a D but they're both the same party. Haven't you figured that out yet? The 2014 mid term election should have convinced you.

Because you think voting for a candidate that has 3% support is the hipster thing to do.

There are quite a few Sanders supporters here. About 30% of the democrats here are HARD pro-Bernie. You are pissing in the wind and hoping to stay dry. Cruz won't run 3rd party because he would not only lose that but his Senate seat as well.

And you MAY just see a Trump/Cruz ticket before this is over.

Those two knuckleheads (Trump and Cruz) should have been planning for this from the get go instead of getting so pissy, I don't see any way that will happen now.

Do you have any principles, integrity and ethics? and if so is your conscience guided by them ? If so vote your conscience and thus you won't have any problems with mirrors or explaining your part in the coming government driven disasters that are likely to befall the Republic to your children, if not, spare the rest of society your ill informed decisions and don't vote.

Because you think voting for a candidate that has 3% support is the hipster thing to do.

So I am supposed to vote for a train wreck who isn't fit to lead the nation instead because they have more than 3% support?
Why participate at all if you know you can not win?
Likewise why vote at all if you know the person you're supporting can not win?
The same people run time after time on the third party tickets & they are soundly rejected by the voters time after time. How stupid do you have to be to not see you're wasting your time.

Forum List

Back