Think Progress Takes Millions in Corporate Money

The Center for American Progress released a list of its corporate donors on Friday, a move intended to boost transparency at the liberal think tank as its chairman and founder, John Podesta, moves to a top White House job.
The list of 58 donors includes a broad sampling of corporate interests, from tech firms and automakers to health-care companies, big banks, retailers and trade associations. Northrop Grumman, the defense and aerospace giant, is a donor, as are Apple, Citigroup, GE and Wal-Mart. Each of those listed has given the group more than $10,000 in 2013, though the Center did not disclose the amount of particular contributions.

He's letting us know who bribed him and that there's nothing we can do about it since he now works in DC

I have. The last four quarters 11.3%, 12.21%, 10.5%, 10.28%.

I have no political pursuits. I'm pro middle class and have the education and intelligence to know that Republicans, Kochbaggers, and Libertarians, aren't.

If you're "pro-middle class" you certainly must be against Obama because he's destroying it.

More like Reagan, The Bushes, wall street, and corporate America.

Far left propaganda alert!

well there goes that dem talking point....

What "talking point" are you referring to?

That only corporations support republicans and not democrats.

Which has always been a far left farce.

Just ask Bill Gates who hates republicans because in the 90's they wanted to break up Microsoft as they claimed it had become a monopoly.

Back in those days the far left/Democrats was the party of NO on that.

Just ask Bill Gates who hates republicans because in the 90's they wanted to break up Microsoft as they claimed it had become a monopoly.

Since you claim it's a talking point, you should be able to find someone saying it in writing, that corporations only support Republicans. A quick trip to Open Secrets would destroy that meme in a NY second.

What I'm writing of is the fact that major corporations have so much money that they have to find anywhere to dump it.
If they're so eager to dump their money, then why is it that you aren't so much as borderline clever enough to get in on the bonanza, if for no better reason than to finance your favorite political pursuits?

:lol:

I have. The last four quarters 11.3%, 12.21%, 10.5%, 10.28%.

I have no political pursuits. I'm pro middle class and have the education and intelligence to know that Republicans, Kochbaggers, and Libertarians, aren't.
Yes, you do have political pursuits. Communistic political pursuits.

Confession is good for the soul, comrade.

I have never heard a left-winger claim that all corporations support Republicans not Democrats.

I have never heard a left-winger claim that all corporations support Republicans not Democrats.
The cliche meme is that republicans are the party of the gluttonous corporate fat cat, while the democrats are the tireless foot soldier for the little guy.

Don't tell us that this is news to you.

The cliche meme is that republicans are the party of the gluttonous corporate fat cat, while the democrats are the tireless foot soldier for the little guy.

Demanding that others defend a "cliche" is even stupider than claiming it's a "Dem talking point".

Without using "cliches" of what you think people think, can you explain why it's "hypocritical" for corporations to donate to Think Progress?

Demanding that others defend a "cliche" is even stupider than claiming it's a "Dem talking point".

Without using "cliches" of what you think people think, can you explain why it's "hypocritical" for corporations to donate to Think Progress?
If you're willing to take the upshot that comes from the cliche, then you can also deal with the downside that comes with the package.

Fact is that the democrats are every bit the party of the big corporate fat cat and crony capitalism, that they so vociferously decry in the republicans.

Truth of the mater is that the Democrat Party, at the political organization level, doesn't give a hoot in hell about the little guy.

If you're willing to take the upshot that comes from the cliche, then you can also deal with the downside that comes with the package.

Who are you directing that towards? I don't speak for anyone other than myself. Neither does any other "liberal".

I don't believe that I've "taken" any "upshot" of that particular cliche.

Fact is that the democrats are every bit the party of the big corporate fat cat and crony capitalism, that they so vociferously decry in the republicans.

Truth of the mater is that the Democrat Party, at the political organization level, doesn't give a hoot in hell about the little guy.

I can agree with both of those statements. But you haven't addressed my question:

What is "hypocritical" about this?

Who are you directing that towards? I don't speak for anyone other than myself. Neither does any other "liberal".

I don't believe that I've "taken" any "upshot" of that particular cliche.
I was speaking with the royal "you", not YOU specifically.

I can agree with both of those statements. But you haven't addressed my question:

What is "hypocritical" about this?
Maybe hypocritical isn't the right word.

How about disingenuous?

Phony?

Posers?

If you can come up with a better word to describe people who go against every perception that they try to project and hide behind, while accusing their political opponents of the very behavior that they themselves are engaging in, I'm all ears.

Except it's not a cliche, it's how a majority of Americans view the GOP.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-13/republicans-deemed-too-pro-rich-57-in-poll-want-change.html

Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change

Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change - Bloomberg

So, a majority of Americans who answered your dippy poll buy into the cliche and stereotype. Big fat hairy deal.

That changes democrats also being a party of the ultra rich corporate interests in what way?

In a statement posted on its Web site, the group said it receives more than 90 percent of its $42 million annual budget from individuals and foundations. Donations from corporations make up less than 6 percent of the think tank's funding, and less than 3 percent of funding for the Center for American Progress Action Fund, its advocacy wing, it said.

Doesn't seem like much of a story.

So you're saying there aren't enough GOP orgs around to provide a write off so they have to give to ThinkProgress?

What I'm writing of is the fact that major corporations have so much money that they have to find anywhere to dump it.

BEcause there just aren't places to put all that money, right?

Not for free. Banks worldwide are charging for holding accounts, some fee plus percentage.

According to my guy at BancAmerica, they have 300B in customer holding accounts.

Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change - Bloomberg

So, a majority of Americans who answered your dippy poll buy into the cliche and stereotype. Big fat hairy deal.

That changes democrats also being a party of the ultra rich corporate interests in what way?

Hey, don't change based on feedback from voters...I'm fine with the GOP losing National Elections.

Forum List

Back