They aren't even trying to pretend they aren't racist any more.

F

When you write an OP, it would be really helpful if you could write a brief summary if what you're saying so readers don't need to wade through your crap to figure out what the hell you're saying.

Does it boil down to like how Democrats venerated Klansman Robert Byrd? Is that what you're talking about?

No. Robert Byrd changed his beliefs and after apologizing for his disgusting behavior, he fought tirelessly for civil rights. Because of Byrd’s evolution on race and equality, the NAACP issued a statement praising him at the time of his death. “Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card,” said Hilary O. Shelton, director of the NAACP Washington bureau and senior vice president for advocacy and policy. “He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the re-authorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation.”
Hopefully, the people mentioned in the OP will follow Byrd's lead, and change their disgusting ways, but for now they are still disgusting racists.

Another Democrat double standard. There is forgiveness for Democrats. For Republicans, not. If they did something 40 years ago, it might as well have been this morning

Forgiveness first requires acknowledgement of the wrong doing, and then an effort to make amends. What you are wanting is to just pretending it didn't happen.

I'm pretending what didn't happen? A couple of nobodies attended a rally? Why would I pretend that didn't happen?

So just to be clear, you accept personal responsibility for the actions of everyone who calls themselves a Democrat everywhere? That's your standard?

I take responsibility for all that I can personally control.

A reasonable standard. Now go forth and apply that to others rather than the current bull shit standard you're using that anyone not a Democrats is responsible for every other non-Democrat while you're responsible for nothing

I'm not sure you completely understand. My support for political leaders is under my control. If someone I support is a racist, it's my responsibility to remove my support. I don't see right wingers distancing themselves from their racist leaders who so proudly attend rallies with blatant racists.

So you've distanced yourself and won't vote for the guy who:

1) Said if you don't vote for me, you ain't black

2) Said blacks aren't like Hispanics, Hispanics have differences

3) Led getting the bill that incarcerated more blacks than any other bill in history? And they are non-violent offenders

4) Said the black guy cleans up nicely?

Among a long line of other condescending black quotes.

So you care about racism and wont' vote for that guy?

Forum List

Back