I Want Republicans to Lose the Midterms

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.
IOW, you have nothing to be in favor of.....You just want it all to burn to the ground in order to supposedly rid yourself of that which you hate.....Whatever hundreds of millions of people ruined in the process be damned.

Hatred does horrid things to an alleged man.....I seriously suggest some professional help.

good-luck-12.gif

IOW, you have nothing to be in favor of.....You just want it all to burn to the ground in order to supposedly rid yourself of that which you hate.
Except I'm not the one burning it to the ground. You have your ire pointed in the wrong direction.

I would suggest there are two main factors to consider:

1. The FBI/DOJ case against him being so strong that it convinced millions of patriotic Americans to turn against him. Remember that ultra-nationalists are also ultra-patriots who can't ever abide with any hint of treason by their leader.

2. In the forming of a fascist regime, the draw that allows the masses to accept lies and/or anything they're told is 'crowd mentality'. The people come to accept what the crowd accepts and forgets any common sense that would warn them that they're being lied to or coerced into accepting extremism.

Trump has the power he's given on account of #2 above, that he has to balance with #1 that is the biggest threat to his fascist agenda.
If there are any greater controlling factors than these, maybe somebody could suggest something?

Good topic for discussion! Can you prevent it from being spammed and turned into just another lost cause?

Anyone who is hated and feared by the Democratic Party as much as Donald Trump has to be good for the country. The Democratic Party is the Enemy of America and as the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
I guess you can say the same for Covid and any terrorists....they are hated and feared by the Democratic Party....so you think they are good.

Murder is hated and feared by the Democratic Party....you think it is good. That explains your 5th Ave. Syndrome.

You just want them to lose because you hate trump. You don't look at the bigger picture, don't look at what trump has accomplished and only focus on his personality, and really just want to be on a bandwagon.

Your inability to be more open minded, care about what's good for the country, and so on is the explanation behind your message vs reaction score ratio.

No one can be so singularly focused on a single personality that much can truly be in it for the good of America and Americans.

Trump enjoys somewhere north of 90% approval rating in the Republican party. A full 1/3 of this group would have to abandon him before he could be sent to the sidelines. He has a death grip on the party.

If Republicans had been thinking ahead, they should have ended his political aspirations the moment he stepped off the golden escalator at Trump Tower.
But now? It's too late.

Except I'm not the one burning it to the ground. You have your ire pointed in the wrong direction.
No.....You want Marxist democrats to do your dirty work for you, so you can sit around and wallow in your smug, self-satisfied superiority complex.

You're exactly the kind of deranged asshole that caused me to leave the LP.

Do you really think the Republicans have a chance in 2024 if they tell the millions of Little Trumpsters "we hate you too"?

I wouldn't vote for JEB! or Liz or Mitt or Kasich if they were the last candidates on earth.

At least Sleepy Joe is open about his hatred for all things conservative.

I'd probably stay home if the GOP nominated JEB!, but I might go to the polls for Brandon if I thought Bush stood a chance of a snowball in you know where.

Trump enjoys somewhere north of 90% approval rating in the Republican party. A full 1/3 of this group would have to abandon him before he could be sent to the sidelines. He has a death grip on the party.

If Republicans had been thinking ahead, they should have ended his political aspirations the moment he stepped off the golden escalator at Trump Tower.
But now? It's too late.

If the Republicans had stopped Trump in 2016, we'd be in Hillary Clinton's 2nd term, looking at the ascension of Chelsea to the throne in 2 years.

The Republican party as a whole is fascist, not just Trump. Trump is just the symptom of the deeper fascism.

Hence, patriots now oppose the Republicans.

It's normal and healthy to hate fascism. I know it's not PC to say such things, and that we're supposed to "understand" why fascists screaming about how they want all their opponents dead are just doing it out of "economic anxiety", but I'm not PC. Some things are so vile, they should be hated, and the current wave of Republican fascism falls into that category.

o yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024
So what you really want is either;

A. Riotous violence and revolution by the Trump backers in Nov. 2022

Or

B. A whole new non-Trump to ride in 2024 and become the same old EINOs that the party was before Trump.

Neither are great options in my mind.

What I’d love to see is:

A low-level win by the Republicans in 2022. Just enough to ensure Biden can’t do any more damage in the next two years but not enough to go in any witch-hunts against Biden, his cronies or anyone else. THEN, I’d love to see the party actively seek out and promote REAL Traditional Conservatives to run in 2024z

If the Republicans had stopped Trump in 2016, we'd be in Hillary Clinton's 2nd term, looking at the ascension of Chelsea to the throne in 2 years.
And while Clinton was a career politician, she was competent to hold office. She wasn't an amateur. Trump was an amateur. AND unfit to hold office.
Like it or not, this country would have been in much better shape to handle the COVID pandemic had she been elected. Trump didn't give a shit.

I don't think I've ever heard Chelsea Clinton utter her desire to run for higher office. :)

since Taz is my sworn enemy (he chose it that way), now that he's said this, i'm gonna go all over America and campaign for Laxalt, Masters, Oz, Vance, and Johnson...let's bring it home, Republicans!

Blumenthal's approval/disapproval is 45/43...the Dems might not even win CT...they're gonna get wiped out! i'll make sure of it!

In all the time I’ve been on this site I have never seen you actually want to win an election.

Forum List

Back