They Are Rolling Out The Architecture Of Oppression Now Because They Fear The People

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
I've seen a few people say things like, "This is just temporary, things will go back to normal, let's just do what we're told..." etc, etc. What those people don't seem to realize is typically that's not the way things work. Authoritarians have always used fear and panic as a tool to manipulate the public into voluntarily surrendering rights and freedom (see my current signature.) It happened after 9/11, and things never went "back to normal." As was stated today on the Liberty Report, "Big tech is getting into bed with big government to build a massive surveillance superstructure that will monitor all of our movements - in the name of fighting coronavirus, of course. As Edward Snowden recently warned, these mechanisms of surveillance and oppression are not going to be dismantled once the virus is gone. They will remain." Here are some excerpts from this article. I added the bold.

“As authoritarianism spreads, as emergency laws proliferate, as we sacrifice our rights, we also sacrifice our capability to arrest the slide into a less liberal and less free world,” NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said in a recent interview. “Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long-forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept? No matter how it is being used, what is being built is the architecture of oppression.”​
“Apple Inc. and Google unveiled a rare partnership to add technology to their smartphone platforms that will alert users if they have come into contact with a person with Covid-19,” reads a new report from Bloomberg. “People must opt in to the system, but it has the potential to monitor about a third of the world’s population.”​
World Health Organization executive director Dr. Michael Ryan said surveillance is part of what’s required for life to return to normal in a world without a vaccine. However, civil liberties experts warn that the public has little recourse to challenge these digital exercises of power once the immediate threat has passed,” reads a recent VentureBeat article titled “After coronavirus, AI could be central to our new normal“.​
----​
As we discussed recently, it’s an established fact that power structures will seize upon opportunities to roll out oppressive authoritarian agendas under the pretense of protecting ordinary people, when in reality they’d been working on advancing those agendas since long before the crisis being offered as the reason for them. It happened with 9/11, and we may be certain that it is happening now.​
The reason for this is simple: the powerful are afraid of the public. They always have been. For as long as there has been government power, there has been the fear that the people will realize the power of their numbers and overthrow the government that is in power. And understandably so; it has happened many times throughout history.​

Read more: They Are Rolling Out The Architecture Of Oppression Now Because They Fear The People

Last edited:
I've seen a few people say things like, "This is just temporary, things will go back to normal, let's just do what we're told..." etc, etc. What those people don't seem to realize is typically that's not the way things work. Authoritarians have always used fear and panic as a tool to manipulate the public into voluntarily surrendering rights and freedom (see my current signature.) It happened after 9/11, and things never went "back to normal." As was stated today on the Liberty Report, "Big tech is getting into bed with big government to build a massive surveillance superstructure that will monitor all of our movements - in the name of fighting coronavirus, of course. As Edward Snowden recently warned, these mechanisms of surveillance and oppression are not going to be dismantled once the virus is gone. They will remain." Here are some excerpts from this article. I added the bold.

“As authoritarianism spreads, as emergency laws proliferate, as we sacrifice our rights, we also sacrifice our capability to arrest the slide into a less liberal and less free world,” NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said in a recent interview. “Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long-forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept? No matter how it is being used, what is being built is the architecture of oppression.”​
“Apple Inc. and Google unveiled a rare partnership to add technology to their smartphone platforms that will alert users if they have come into contact with a person with Covid-19,” reads a new report from Bloomberg. “People must opt in to the system, but it has the potential to monitor about a third of the world’s population.”​
World Health Organization executive director Dr. Michael Ryan said surveillance is part of what’s required for life to return to normal in a world without a vaccine. However, civil liberties experts warn that the public has little recourse to challenge these digital exercises of power once the immediate threat has passed,” reads a recent VentureBeat article titled “After coronavirus, AI could be central to our new normal“.​
----​
As we discussed recently, it’s an established fact that power structures will seize upon opportunities to roll out oppressive authoritarian agendas under the pretense of protecting ordinary people, when in reality they’d been working on advancing those agendas since long before the crisis being offered as the reason for them. It happened with 9/11, and we may be certain that it is happening now.​
The reason for this is simple: the powerful are afraid of the public. They always have been. For as long as there has been government power, there has been the fear that the people will realize the power of their numbers and overthrow the government that is in power. And understandably so; it has happened many times throughout history.​

Read more.... They Are Rolling Out The Architecture Of Oppression Now Because They Fear The People

I do believe the left is trying to test what would happen if they tried this shit for the exact same reason you stated.
They jumped the gun and are in for a rude awakening as far as I'm concerned.

----​

Read more.... They Are Rolling Out The Architecture Of Oppression Now Because They Fear The People

I do believe the left is trying to test what would happen if they tried this shit for the exact same reason you stated.

I agree, but I don't call it the 'left' because in my view the powers-that-be use the left-right paradigm to keep us divided and fighting each other, which keeps our attention off of them. They are globalists, oligarchs, authoritarians... As long as all of us "serfs" are under their control, I don't think the system of government matters to them.

----​

I agree, but I don't call it the 'left' because in my view the powers-that-be use the left-right paradigm to keep us divided and fighting each other, which keeps our attention off of them. They are globalists, oligarchs, authoritarians... As long as all of us "serfs" are under their control, I don't think the system of government matters to them.

Sure enough but the left seems far more receptive to the possible change.
Texas wont settle for their shit,globalist or otherwise.
I in fact welcome their attempts. Being 54 I figure I've lived the best parts of my life.
A Mother Fucker who wants to change my country better be old and satisfied....or he hasn't seen shit when it comes to fury.

To keep those upswings within the capacity of hospitals to handle serious cases of COVID-19, surveillance measures and social distancing may have to be used on a sustained or periodic basis, the scientists behind the study say. Such measures will buy time for the development of new treatments and vaccines. Scientists say social distancing may need to stretch into 2022, but more research on immunity is needed
Thanks for that link. When they make statements like that, openly, it amazes me that a lot of people still aren't seeing where all this is heading. I hate to sound like a gloom and doomer, and I really hope that this is not the case, but it seems to me that things are changing, permanently. I don't see many here talking about the numerous agendas, which are not 'theory' but actual agendas, in their own words! Maybe people don't have a problem with a surveillance state and biometric tracking devices, not being able to travel unless they are approved, etc, etc. :dunno:

Forum List

Back