These people are crazy. Rentals SKY HIGH.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

This is "home", which I will probably never see again. Been on the wait list 5 years now. Maybe by the time I hit 75, if still alive, I will get the call I have been waiting for, but I won't be holding my breath.

WTF is wrong with these landlords? Then again, most of the homes being rented are owned by people in Los Angeles. But mommy and daddy will have to foot the bil cuz jobs are pretty scarce now. Idiocy.

What they do is, they have a 3 bedroom house...stuff 4 bunk beds in each bedroom, then rent to students who pay to bunk with other students going to Cal Poly. So...12 x 650.00 per month...and voila. BUT..most of the room rentals are now going for over 1k.:oops:

Some rental markets are insane.

Problem we've got here (and it might be the same in the USA) is that it's too difficult to get on the property ladder for folks starting out.

Unless you're born into money and or a high-flier at a young age it's zero hour contracts and minimum wage at £8.50 per hour.

Don't get me wrong, you aren't homeless but people (even though we have a good standard of living) just can't raise 10-20 thousand pounds to put down on a property - even though they could comfortably afford the mortgage repayments over a 20-year term once the deposit is down.

Instead they are forced into private lets, squeezing that % of their wage that they could easily be paying out on their own property (and also have it to then cash in on equity-wise as part of their pension and retirement) - all they are doing with the private lets is paying someone else's mortgage for them, so they have the property portfolio of their own for their retirement, not you.

I swear when I retire I am fucked , lol..

I am going to have to move to Alaska and live in a igloo

Don't get me wrong, you aren't homeless but people (even though we have a good standard of living) just can't raise 10-20 thousand pounds to put down on a property - even though they could comfortably afford the mortgage repayments over a 20-year term once the deposit is down.
Even if you do pay it all off, the Queen still owns the property anyways.

This is "home", which I will probably never see again. Been on the wait list 5 years now. Maybe by the time I hit 75, if still alive, I will get the call I have been waiting for, but I won't be holding my breath.

WTF is wrong with these landlords? Then again, most of the homes being rented are owned by people in Los Angeles. But mommy and daddy will have to foot the bil cuz jobs are pretty scarce now. Idiocy.

What about Paso Robles, it's just a few miles from San Luis?

What is wrong with the landlords?

What they do is, they have a 3 bedroom house...stuff 4 bunk beds in each bedroom, then rent to students who pay to bunk with other students going to Cal Poly. So...12 x 650.00 per month...and voila. BUT..most of the room rentals are now going for over 1k.:oops:

What is your point?

What about Paso Robles, it's just a few miles from San Luis?
Same. Paso is in SLO county. All up and down the coast its the same. Besides...Paso is the armpit of SLO county. Santa Maria is the other armpit. Gang land.

What is your point?
My point about what? Never mind. I can tell already that this will go nowhere.:aug08_031:

Problem we've got here (and it might be the same in the USA) is that it's too difficult to get on the property ladder for folks starting out.

Unless you're born into money and or a high-flier at a young age it's zero hour contracts and minimum wage at £8.50 per hour.

Instead they are forced into private lets, squeezing that % of their wage that they could easily be paying out on their own property (and also have it to then cash in on equity-wise as part of their pension and retirement) - all they are doing with the private lets is paying someone else's mortgage for them, so they have the property portfolio of their own for their retirement, not you.

It always cost more money to be poor. You can't afford the good stuff, so you keep throwing your money away on the cheap junk that doesn't last very long before you have to spend that much again. It's much cheaper, in the long run, to buy the good stuff that lasts forever, but that's not an option.

It always cost more money to be poor. You can't afford the good stuff, so you keep throwing your money away on the cheap junk that doesn't last very long before you have to spend that much again. It's much cheaper, in the long run, to buy the good stuff that lasts forever, but that's not an option.

buy cheap
buy twice

A lot of landlords avoid renting to college students. Personally, I've never had any problem with them. If they can't pay their rent just call their parents.

The advantage for them living off-campus is that they don't have to abide by the often stupid campus housing rules. Seriously, these are adults, they shouldn't be treated like children.

And my washers and dryers in the basement don't take quarters or credit cards. They're free.

A lot of landlords avoid renting to college students. Personally, I've never had any problem with them. If they can't pay their rent just call their parents.

The advantage for them living off-campus is that they don't have to abide by the often stupid campus housing rules. Seriously, these are adults, they shouldn't be treated like children.

And my washers and dryers in the basement don't take quarters or credit cards. They're free.
Cal Poly has some fine students. But most are party animals and they destroy apts and homes. Calling the parents does diddly squat...especially if they live 4 hours away or further. They just told me to boot them out..let them learn a lesson. So I had to tell those parents THEY are on the rental agreement as well, as co signers, and I would indeed boot their kid(s) out but I would be suing THEM for the rent due and damages. Problem is...they are too far away and I damn sure didn't want to try to have them served, or chase after them over their spoiled brats. So...I didn't by not allowing a co signer OR letting them in in the first place.

Cal Poly has some fine students. But most are party animals and they destroy apts and homes. Calling the parents does diddly squat...especially if they live 4 hours away or further. They just told me to boot them out..let them learn a lesson. So I had to tell those parents THEY are on the rental agreement as well, as co signers, and I would indeed boot their kid(s) out but I would be suing THEM for the rent due and damages. Problem is...they are too far away and I damn sure didn't want to try to have them served, or chase after them over their spoiled brats. So...I didn't by not allowing a co signer OR letting them in in the first place.
I suppose that I'm a much more physically intimidating person than you. It would take a very brave student to destroy my property.

It's been my experience that small children and pets are much more destructive than college students.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back