There's suddenly a lot of blacks who 'aren't black'

Now you're grasping at straws. Nothing in my post makes me a "wigger" like you are trying to say. I just had lots of shipmates who were black, and I saw how they were treated. No, I don't wear "black" clothing, nor do I listen to rap or R and B. I just observed how things happened around me and my friends.

Which Navy were you in? Obviously not the US Navy.

I spent 10 years in the Navy, 7 of those years onboard ships. I had a lot of black shipmates as well and I can tell you that in the Navy I was in they were treated exactly the same as any other sailor. There are a lot of places in the US where racism and prejudice still exist but it was absolutely not tolerated on the ships I was on - or shore duty, either.

You're right, on duty, and while on the base, blacks were treated the same as whites. However, did you ever go on liberty with some of those black shipmates? On base, things are equal, but off base, they are very much different. Sorry, but civilians don't think the same way the military does. In the military, everyone is treated the same, depending on rank. In the civilian world, it's much different. See post above to understand what I'm talking about.

Forum List

Back