There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

Duh... The gun industry.

Combine NRA politics with a gun industry marketing jam of "Buy now while it's still legal" and rivers of cash begin to flow.

Gun are legal ... Captain Obvious ... Try again ... :thup:
The gun industry isn't running around like chickens with their heads cut off exploiting fear ... Captain Obvious.
The gun industry isn't broke ... Gun sales are up in recent years ... Captain Obvious.

:eusa_dance: It's a fun experiment - replace the word 'government' with 'We, The People' in reading and conversation....

We, The People already limit hardware and access. We're just doing a piss-poor job because We've been hamstrung by industry using the politics of fear to maintain a cash flow flowing just the way it is.

Profit from gun sales is the only reason that I can think of why We, The People can't restrict ownership of AR-15's to people who hold concealed carry permits and have been vetted by their state.

`

Who exactly do you think is trying to exploit a policy of fear to achieve their aspirations ... Captain Obvious?

Duh... The gun industry.

Combine NRA politics with a gun industry marketing jam of "Buy now while it's still legal" and rivers of cash begin to flow.

`

No...mix "We have to do something" with uninformed voters and you get "Ban it while we have dead bodies" from anti gunners....

That loop hole was closed in 1998 here in Florida. It didn’t work. Nothing works with a criminal. They don’t follow laws. And he legally could not own a hand gun in this state, either.
The shooter in Florida passed a Federal background check. Just another great example of how worthless background checks are.

Stupid Liberal idea that never works.

Liberals never get anything right.

So your remedy is what? No background checks. Big on calling liberals stupid, but small on any solutions of your own.

Make these assault rifles hard as hell to get and we won't have to worry if a background check fails.

No matter how you slice it, big brother needs a data base.

Remember... you only truly control what you own.

You think your government is going to save you ... Good Luck.
You don't own me ... I am not you nor your government's slave ...:thup:

How many were killed by people following gun laws?
every day, on average, 7 children and teens are killed by guns. firearms are the leading cause of death of children under 19.

American teens are 20 times more likely to die from gun violence than their peers in other high-income countries.

each individual death is experienced as a family tragedy that ripples through a community but the sum total barely earns a national shrug.

None of which reduces the role of We, the People in allowing the transaction resulting in that crazy young fucker owning an AR-15 and all the ammo he can carry.

Nor does it reduce in any way the sadness. :(

You do realize that an AR is a semi-auto like most deer rifles?

Whatever. I know what it's used for. I can't remember the last mass shooting that didn't involve an AR-15.

I like my guns... as long as I can maintain my license from the People of Florida to carry one, I will have a 9mm on my hip... but I see no use for an AR-15 other than play and assault.

I can appreciate the desire to play with one, I've shot one and had fun, but there is no reason that access can't be restricted to folks who can pass a concealed carry license at minimum.

Florida vetted me pretty hard when I was granted my CC permit. There's no reason that access to some weapons and accessories couldn't be limited to CC holders.

`
Anyone who can ass a standard background check can pass any CCW requirements. I see no reason to have an additional permit in order to carry concealed

Heck, when I was in school every truck in the school parking lot had a gun rack, most with rifles on them. No problem with school shootings. No one breaking into the trucks to steal the rifles. We did have 4h clubs, which taught gun safety and responsibility.
Think about this. The NRA & dumbass Trumpettes want to pass out silencers & make concealed carry permits no longer needed.

How many of more of those school students would be dead if the shooter utilized a silencer?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Yet this is what the NRA & the stupid Trumpettes want.

Pass out guns at the door, rig them with silencers & if a shooter enters the building, we can have 1800 untrained idiots armed to the teeth. That is the NRA plan.

Not too terribly long ago when I was in high school it wasn't uncommon for people to have firearms in their vehicles.
Shit ... It wasn't uncommon to get out of school and go hunting.

Yeah dumbass ... There were students with guns all over the place and people weren't getting shot.
Ask yourself what changed ... Stupid, nit-wit, snowflake Progressive policies changed the children ... They didn't change the guns.

It's not the guns. It's our fucked up society.

He was expelled from one school in the district, rumors of it having to do with a weapon, yet sent to another within the same district. Supposedly there was also a mental health referral. Friends of the mother said she had struggled with him for years.
This is how I feel after reading this whole thread:

American-Horror-Story-Coven-eye-stab.gif

Yep. You have a bunch of hyper partisan people talking about the wrong issue.

Everybody knew the kid was a violent whack job, and it is likely he had been a violent whack job for quite some time. Out of the stupid need to be "inclusionary" the school system just kept passing him through with no regards to the effects he was having on everybody else.

The issue here is the identification and treatment of mental illness, along with a dysfunctional system that not only refuses to treat the mental illness, but mainstreams the mentally ill because of bureaucratic mandates instead of common sense.

Seems to be common

So many of these shooters are looked at as "creepy" by everyone who knows them, yet we have no way to keep guns out of their hands

A bartender can look at a patron and say he has had too much to drink and refuse to serve him

Yet a gun dealer can't look at one of these kids and say he is too freak'n creepy to sell a gun to
Being creepy isn't illegal. He passed the background checks when he bought his guns didn't he?

He most certainly did.....and was able to buy the weapon he needed to shoot up a school
But but but background checks.

Now do you see that no law would have stopped this guy from trying but locking the doors to the school would have

I am going to speculate this is Islamic terrorism. Parkland Florida has a large Muslim population.

Yeah, you assclowns speculate that every single time and then when it usually turns out to be another white guy you crawl back into your holes not to be heard from.
Look at the facts. What else would you think? You are the assKlown here, and I am hardly in a hole here.

Gonna admit you were wrong now or are you crawling back into your hole?

Florida school shooting suspect linked to white supremacist group: ADL

He is a registered Democrat and here is his pic for you.

cruz-wearing-a-communist-shirt-598x600.png

We have a winner!!!!
Heck, when I was in school every truck in the school parking lot had a gun rack, most with rifles on them. No problem with school shootings. No one breaking into the trucks to steal the rifles. We did have 4h clubs, which taught gun safety and responsibility.
Think about this. The NRA & dumbass Trumpettes want to pass out silencers & make concealed carry permits no longer needed.

How many of more of those school students would be dead if the shooter utilized a silencer?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Yet this is what the NRA & the stupid Trumpettes want.

Pass out guns at the door, rig them with silencers & if a shooter enters the building, we can have 1800 untrained idiots armed to the teeth. That is the NRA plan.

Not too terribly long ago when I was in high school it wasn't uncommon for people to have firearms in their vehicles.
Shit ... It wasn't uncommon to get out of school and go hunting.

Yeah dumbass ... There were students with guns all over the place and people weren't getting shot.
Ask yourself what changed ... Stupid, nit-wit, snowflake Progressive policies changed the children ... They didn't change the guns.

It's not the guns. It's our fucked up society.

I am going to speculate this is Islamic terrorism. Parkland Florida has a large Muslim population.

Yeah, you assclowns speculate that every single time and then when it usually turns out to be another white guy you crawl back into your holes not to be heard from.
Look at the facts. What else would you think? You are the assKlown here, and I am hardly in a hole here.

Gonna admit you were wrong now or are you crawling back into your hole?

Florida school shooting suspect linked to white supremacist group: ADL

He is a registered Democrat and here is his pic for you.

View attachment 176942

Someone wrote "gullible" on your ceiling.

Wow.

And the left wonders why we don't trust them?

"The Government" already maintains your complete earnings history and more if you served... I for one am glad that my Social Security, IRS and Military records aren't in danger of being sold on the Hong Kong Exchange late tonight.

I'm also glad that The United States Marines are on Our side. Whoever the fuck "We" are :eusa_shifty:

`

Here at my granddaughters school, there is fencing around the entire complex, then you must enter into a gated cage and must be buzzed in, to get into the office and then be buzzed into the courtyard by them to get into the actual building, which is also sealed off by gated cages which can only be opened by key cards. And we live in a safe area. It feels like Fort Knox.
He was expelled from one school in the district, rumors of it having to do with a weapon, yet sent to another within the same district. Supposedly there was also a mental health referral. Friends of the mother said she had struggled with him for years.
Yep. You have a bunch of hyper partisan people talking about the wrong issue.

Everybody knew the kid was a violent whack job, and it is likely he had been a violent whack job for quite some time. Out of the stupid need to be "inclusionary" the school system just kept passing him through with no regards to the effects he was having on everybody else.

The issue here is the identification and treatment of mental illness, along with a dysfunctional system that not only refuses to treat the mental illness, but mainstreams the mentally ill because of bureaucratic mandates instead of common sense.

Seems to be common

So many of these shooters are looked at as "creepy" by everyone who knows them, yet we have no way to keep guns out of their hands

A bartender can look at a patron and say he has had too much to drink and refuse to serve him

Yet a gun dealer can't look at one of these kids and say he is too freak'n creepy to sell a gun to
Being creepy isn't illegal. He passed the background checks when he bought his guns didn't he?

He most certainly did.....and was able to buy the weapon he needed to shoot up a school
But but but background checks.

Now do you see that no law would have stopped this guy from trying but locking the doors to the school would have

"The Government" already maintains your complete earnings history and more if you served... I for one am glad that my Social Security, IRS and Military records aren't in danger of being sold on the Hong Kong Exchange late tonight.

I'm also glad that The United States Marines are on Our side. Whoever the fuck "We" are :eusa_shifty:

`

They cannot protect you ... Cyber hack got access to over 700,000 IRS accounts
Now the Marines ... Maybe.

Actually, they probably could be...with all the data breaches they have had.

Wow.

And the left wonders why we don't trust them?

`

Its not stupid. It if became a norm, materials and knowledge would be more accessible. Hek, we have books that show how to make bombs out of 3 ingredients.
I agree with the last part. Banning guns and ammo is fucking retarded. It wont do anything.
To get started, you have to have somewhere to start. Where is that starting position?
Okay, let's start somewhere.
Do you agree that children in our society are bathed in gun violence through media and video games? Graphic depictions of human beings being killed with guns?
Would you oppose strictly limiting those graphic depictions in movies, games and using general societal disapproval to teach children that guns are not for taking human life?
teach children that guns are not for taking human life?
Yes.
What about strict limits on movies, television shows and video games that portray human on human gun violence?
What about books with violent content ?
Them, too. I didn't know kids read anymore.

Great let's just erase the entire first amendment.

`

They cannot protect you ... Cyber hack got access to over 700,000 IRS accounts
Now the Marines ... Maybe.

But We SHOULD!

Government is a tool....

Monkey business is the problem.

:popcorn:

We have the technology to run an effective government that works hard every day to protect it's citizens.

Baby steps. Frustrating baby steps.

Arrrrrggggggg!

Forum List

Back