There HAS to be life on other planets..

You act as if "trillions" is a large number. It most certainly is not. It's close to zero, but it impresses you.

Let me explain to you what large numbers are. The universe consists of "only" 10 to the 80th fundamental particles. That too is close to zero.
I'll explain further down.

You've been watching Star Trek too much. There IS no "life" elsewhere. Carbon is unique in building cells for life. Nothing else comes close.

Now titin is the largest protein in humans. It is part of our muscles.
Titin has 38,138 amino acids in precise sequence.

What is the probability of original, naturalistic synthesis of titin?
One in 20 amino acids to the 38,138th power, times 1/2 to the 38,138th power for L selection rather than the mirror image D amino acid, times 1/2 to the 38,138th power for the peptide bond, rather than the equally probable non-peptide bond. The product of these is 1 chance in 1 followed by 72, 578 zeroes. Now THAT is a big number.
Emil Borel, an eminent statistician, declared that "one chance in 10 to the 50th power is impossible." Ten to the 50th marbles only 1 cm in diameter would fill 72,000+ spheres the size of earth. Pick the unique marble on your first and only try. Not gonna happen. Calculations available on request. They are trivial.

One more thing. There are more than 20,000 other proteins in humans.

Given the idiots running Washington, D.C., your point is well taken.
D.C. has a higher percentage of homeless people than Left-wing California, where I reside. People's Republic of California is the state with the highest taxes, highest number and percentage of homeless, most people moving out to escape the insanity, and on and on.

Sorry, I can't help you on your reply.

The universe spontaneously popping into existence in an improbable manner (i.e. nearly equal amounts of matter and anti-matter) implausibly being hardwired to produce intelligence (i.e. structure of matter and natural laws) and man's unwavering preference for goodness even when he violates it.
lol

Psychopathy is real.

You are confused. We have not created life in the laboratory. What you think is life in not life.

We have put together the components of what we think are the right things for life but it is still Chemistry and not Biology.

Even if we do ever produce life in a sanitized high tech laboratory that doesn't explain how those same conditions could have been reproduced in a primitive and possible hostile environment on the surface of a planet.

The only thing we will know if we ever do produce life in a lab is what we already know. That it is possible to turn Chemistry into Biology. We already know it because it happen here on earth in some very unique circumstances that may or not have ever been reproduced elsewhere. A step forward but not conclusive evidence that life exist elsewhere.

The much more conclusive evidence would be a little green man landing in a space ship or more realistic going to Mars and finding indisputable evidence that microbial life once existed before the solar winds destroyed the environment.

At this point, the dead cell contains most of its nucleic acids, proteins, lipids, polysaccharides and metabolites. Therefore, while the genetic material, RNA, enzymes, polysaccharides and lipids are all necessary components of a live cell; their mere presence is not sufficient for life. In live cells, superimposed on all of the necessary biopolymers is the steady state non-equilibrium dynamics of all chemical events.

In short, no life has been created, there is no artificial life, there are no artificial cells. There is only (and it is a lot) an artificial DNA, which can function as a natural one, at least up to a limited number of generations. What remains until a living cell is artificially produced is still a colossal challenge, one that may never be overcome. And, of course, there is no point in trying to make pseudo-metaphysical somersaults from these experiments.
Bullshit.

Cowshit, pigshit, and horseshit.

You just don't want to stare reality in the face.

The Bible states very clearly in multiple places: we are gods.

Time to claim our ascension.

Get with the program.

If God created life, we can do it too.

That is EXACTLY what the Bible says.

There doesn't have to be. There probably is. Whether life has formed enough seems to be much harder because it requires certain conditions.

Earth saw major catastrophes for life, which allowed for oxygen using creatures which could grow more.
Catastrophes are part of the natural dynamic. They happen everywhere.

Sorry, I can't help you on your reply.

Caveman, replies are NOT just for you or any other person who is quoted. Replies are for EVERYONE. People multiquote to respond to each point made. It lends clarity, not that you care, of course.

I tried to help you on your reply, but obviously you don't want help despite your clear need for it. All of us are smarter than any of us.

Sure God has. That's scriptural, right? What verse, exactly?

Humans aren't going anywhere. It took one of our probes eleven years to leave our solar system. Eleven years of space travel for a few people would take a LOT of food, oxygen, and water - more than any spacecraft could accommodate. The nearest star is thousands of years away at 25,000 miles per hour.
Typical Chemical Engineer only thinking in terms of chemicals for power. It's called the Normalcy Bias. Familiar with this? Is this the only possible method of traveling from point to point in the universe?

Hebrews 12:9, "Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: Shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"
Jeremiah 1:5, " Before i formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee and ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." - So, how did the Lord know Jeremiah as well the rest of us before we were formed in the womb of our mothers? And, the next part is a good reason not to have an abortion because it might be inconvenient to have a baby.

only thinking in terms of chemicals for power.
That is exactly what we have been using ever since the beginning of the space program.

That can get us to Mars at great cost but not much beyond that.

There are some other ideas for propulsion but they are not exactly enabling us to star trek across the universe, are they?

Life is a natural and inevitable consequence of the fabric of spacetime. There's nothing magical or mysterious about it.
So what you are saying is that the laws of nature predestined life to arise given enough time and the right conditions. I agree.

No it doesn't.
Sure it does. Change the charges of the particles, change the distance between the particles, change the size of the particles and the universe could have been created in exactly the same way but would have been impossible for life to exist.

That is exactly what we have been using ever since the beginning of the space program.

That can get us to Mars at great cost but not much beyond that.

There are some other ideas for propulsion but they are not exactly enabling us to star trek across the universe, are they?
Ask God. He can get from one edge of the universe to the other in a blink of an eye. There is so much we don’t know that we will depending on a few things like:
1. Will we become so wicked the Lord comes and ends the trial period.
2. Will we destroy what we have learned by the hate we are building towards one another
3. You can fill in this one

I’m not talking about little green men, and I’ve never been a believer in aliens, I’ve never seen any evidence to prove to me that there are. However…there are hundreds of billions of galaxies, some say even trillions of galaxies. The odds that when the universe formed, that our planet is the ONLY one that ended up being able to sustain intelligent life would have to be astronomically high. It would almost seem impossible that what happened on on earth didn’t also happen somewhere else, or in many different places.

My thought on this is that if earth is the only place where humans ended up, you’d almost have to believe in creation to believe that.

Thoughts?
You are most likely right. I have seen estimates of the number of planets but the number is so great it is inconceivable that out there somewhere and sometime that there was never an intelligent species.

As Carl Sagan explained, the size of the universe is so immense and the existence of the universe is so great, it is highly unlikely that we will ever encounter other intelligent beings because our earth is such tiny speck in the universe and our existence is such a small sliver of time relative to that of the universe.

So is there any reason we should care if another intelligence species existed billions of years before or after the earth thousands of light years away? Whether we are alone or not is a rather mute point.

Last edited:
Typical Chemical Engineer only thinking in terms of chemicals for power. It's called the Normalcy Bias. Familiar with this? Is this the only possible method of traveling from point to point in the universe?
Pay close attention Cougarbear. "Normalcy Bias" refers to minimizing risk, not pretending there are extraterrestrials we must try to find or meet.

I wrote a book honoring Nature's God. I explained many details linking science to its Creator. It is cited at the bottom of every post of mine.

I honor Him every day, every way I possibly can. I don't need you posting Scriptures and calling me "typical" with all your pride and arrogance. You stepped in it big time. Now go clean up.

Last edited:
Sure it does. Change the charges of the particles, change the distance between the particles, change the size of the particles and the universe could have been created in exactly the same way but would have been impossible for life to exist.
*life as we know it

Sorry, you don't know that your universal statement is true. That's an authoritative declaration you made to support another authoritative declaration.

And even if true, it still doesn't speak to anything but coincidence. That's how wrong you are.

No, if your really understand the words of the Bible you would realize that God the Father is the father of trillions of spirits or his spirit children. And he’s been populating other worlds. The key is as we go into the Easter season is that our world, earth, is the only world with his children that would be evil enough to kill their Savior God to complete the atonement for all worlds.
Here we go again…prove God is real.

Forum List

Back