There Are ZERO Children In Poverty

Common sense is that people will never be equally poor or equally rich.

Give a person with the motivation of the poor a modest bonus. They might go out to dinner, go shopping. Take a couple of days off work.

The person who will one day be rich will save it, invest or pay down debt.
One must have extra to save and invest--extra, for many will never really happen--fact of life. But it's not that they're lazy, it's that they're numbed by their life..and like it that way.

The Shareholder class likes it that way too, just sayin'.

Tell that to someone with no heat, someone living in gangland, someone living out of a car.
I lived much like that as a child. We didn't have a car. I can absolutely say that those circumstances were positively the result of the decisions they made. No question.

There ARE children in poverty. But, as the birthrate continues to decline there will be less.

Most the time someone is poor because they choose to be poor. They can't help themselves. That's why so many lottery winners lose fortunes in a year or less. The poor want the lives they lead. They just want it more comfortable. The poor are poor for the same reasons they are fat. They don't think sacrifice has value.
Spoken like a Boomer with a sweet life.

Common sense is that people will never be equally poor or equally rich.

Give a person with the motivation of the poor a modest bonus. They might go out to dinner, go shopping. Take a couple of days off work.

The person who will one day be rich will save it, invest or pay down debt.
Well the solution is simple: ensure that anyone working 40+ hours per week is not in poverty. That is literally how you sum up American progressive economic politics. It isn’t and never has been “pay everyone the same!” It isn’t about abolishing capitalism either. It’s about LIMITING and NOT ELIMINATING the two income extremes.

This obviously isn’t easily attainable, but considering corporations have record profits and the top 1% are only getting richer, it can definitely be improved.

One must have extra to save and invest--extra, for many will never really happen--fact of life. But it's not that they're lazy, it's that they're numbed by their life..and like it that way.

The Shareholder class likes it that way too, just sayin'.
There was an experiment a few years ago between two groups of children, very poor black children and white middle class children.

I will give you a lollipop every day for a week. Or, you can not get any lollipops and at the end of the week you will get 14 lollipops.

What do you think happened?

Spoken like a Boomer with a sweet life.
I am a retired attorney. I sacrificed everything for my education. I went hungry, took the bus, shopped at goodwill and didn't buy a single Christmas or birthday present for anyone. No I did not use the heat no matter how cold it got. I put every dime on tuition and books. Why? Because I did not want to live in the street and eat out of garbage cans.

Awesome perspective of just what 'impoverished' might be folks

Well i live were an 8 pointer, moose or bear (luv 'em) would elicit a neighborhood feast , where the old birds who could cook circles around any modern cusine would RULE

All us white trash live better than you may think, which is why we'll all do our best forest gump for you tourist turds!

~S~

I am a retired attorney. I sacrificed everything for my education. I went hungry, took the bus, shopped at goodwill and didn't buy a single Christmas or birthday present for anyone. No I did not use the heat no matter how cold it got. I put every dime on tuition and books. Why? Because I did not want to live in the street and eat out of garbage cans.
oh we could trade notes.....

one needs to learn to crawl, before one can run evil cat...

~S~

There ARE children in poverty.
lemme give ya a hand.....

The poverty rate for children more than doubled from a historic low of 5.2 percent in 2021 to 12.4 percent in 2022, erasing all of the record gains made against child poverty over the previous two years.Sep 12, 2023

~S~

Well the solution is simple: ensure that anyone working 40+ hours per week is not in poverty. That is literally how you sum up American progressive economic politics. It isn’t and never has been “pay everyone the same!” It isn’t about abolishing capitalism either. It’s about LIMITING and NOT ELIMINATING the two income extremes.

This obviously isn’t easily attainable, but considering corporations have record profits and the top 1% are only getting richer, it can definitely be improved.
The top 1% DESERVE to be rich. A poor person never gave anyone a job. Poverty doesn't hurt enough. It should hurt so much that people would not choose to be poor.

lemme give ya a hand.....

The poverty rate for children more than doubled from a historic low of 5.2 percent in 2021 to 12.4 percent in 2022, erasing all of the record gains made against child poverty over the previous two years.Sep 12, 2023

~S~
And the poor children are still fatter than poor children elsewhere in the world.

The 1940s and 1950s study show hard-core drug use was all about eradicated. And we had a much better nuclear family for black and white in those days. A better middle class as well.
I wasn't alive to properly critique your utopian nostalgia, so I have no idea what you're prattling on about. Some are not older than dirt. :rolleyes:

And the poor children are still fatter than poor children elsewhere in the world.
and stupider at that

go figure , why would that be evil one?

perspective....perspective........

1706920794772.png

~S~

lol this is such a ridiculous point you’re making. No one is suggesting that kids depend on their own income. You’re not actually making a real point with this. It’s not like it’s thing worldwide for children to not be dependent on their parents.
The point is, we are not lifting children out of poverty, we are lifting their worthless deadbeat parents out of poverty.

Forum List

Back