There are some sick people out there...

RadiomanATL

Reaction score
Grayson's Son Answers Death Threat Call - Politics News Story - WKMG Orlando

A death threat phone call made to controversial U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando, was answered by his 5-year-old son."It's appalling. I think any decent human being would understand this is not the way to behave," Grayson said during a phone interview with Local 6.Grayson's press secretary, Todd Jurkowski, said the incident occurred last week.Grayson told Local 6 he was in Washington D.C. prepping for the contentious health care reform vote when a female placed the call."My 5-year-old twins hit the speakerphone when the phone was ringing, and she said, among other things, 'If you vote for healthcare, I'll kill you,'" Grayson said, "and my 5-year-old went to my wife and said, 'Mommy, there's a lady on the phone who said she's going to kill me.'"
I despise Grayson, but there is zero reason for any sane person to do this. I hope they catch the lady and prosecute.

Of course, given Grayson's overly refined sense of the dramatic, I wouldn't be surprised if he embellished it as well. I doubt he would be stupid it enough to make it up out of whole cloth and then get the cops involved, so IMO something probably did happen.

kyzr

Platinum Member
Reaction score

A death threat phone call made to controversial U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando, was answered by his 5-year-old son."It's appalling. I think any decent human being would understand this is not the way to behave," Grayson said during a phone interview with Local 6.Grayson's press secretary, Todd Jurkowski, said the incident occurred last week.Grayson told Local 6 he was in Washington D.C. prepping for the contentious health care reform vote when a female placed the call."My 5-year-old twins hit the speakerphone when the phone was ringing, and she said, among other things, 'If you vote for healthcare, I'll kill you,'" Grayson said, "and my 5-year-old went to my wife and said, 'Mommy, there's a lady on the phone who said she's going to kill me.'"
I despise Grayson, but there is zero reason for any sane person to do this. I hope they catch the lady and prosecute.

Of course, given Grayson's overly refined sense of the dramatic, I wouldn't be surprised if he embellished it as well. I doubt he would be stupid it enough to make it up out of whole cloth and then get the cops involved, so IMO something probably did happen.
All they need to do is get caller-ID and they can trace every call. With voice recognition software I;m sure the NSA can finger the perp. These "crimes" are just a hoax.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despicable behavior from any adult

OP
RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL

Reaction score

All they need to do is get caller-ID and they can trace every call. With voice recognition software I;m sure the NSA can finger the perp. These "crimes" are just a hoax.
I don't think it is a hoax. He'd be committing a crime himself by perpetuating one and then reporting it to the police.

Whether or not his account of the sequence of events surrounding his daughter answering the phone...well...who knows.

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Reaction score

Was it his wife on the line?

OP
RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL

Reaction score

Was it his wife on the line?
Maybe his mother?

Immanuel

Gold Member
Reaction score
First off, I think this is entirely wrong and I hope that they catch the woman who did this and prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law.

Second, How could anyone say something like that knowing that a child answered the phone! What the hell was she thinking. What you can't tell it is a child's voice that says, "Hello, Greyson residence"?

Third, anyone who would place such a call has got to be stupid knowing that with caller id her phone number may appear on the exact phone that received the call. Unless she was smart enough to call from a public phone if she could even find one.

And finally, she has to be mentally deranged for having made such a call in the first place.

Immie

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone is threatening a child? How messed up is that!

Reaction score
Very messed up.

given the way the modern phones work, if it was for real, they should have her in handcuffs already. Making death threats to a rep is criminal even if the person threatened is a Republican.

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The crazies will always be with us. Geez, poor kid

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List