There are many of high schools named Robert E. Lee, and several counties named Lee.

Southern rightwingers drive through their towns, see their High Schools named after Confederate heroes, and proclaim

Hey! That's the High School I would've gone to!!

90% of Americans don't know who Lee was, what he did, or what he believed.

I am an American-----I know that Robert E Less was an important confederate General-----and won lost of
very bloody battles. ------I have no idea what he BELIEVED

Then you should look it up. There were reasons why so many places are named for him and so many monuments are made for him. I'll give you a starting place. He was one of the few men who both north and south agreed was a great man.

I am an American-----I know that Robert E Less was an important confederate General-----and won lots of

Then you should look it up. There were reasons why so many places are named for him and so many monuments are made for him. I'll give you a starting place. He was one of the few men who both north and south agreed was a great man.

thanks for letting me know----I believe you-----so far those who want to knock his statues
down did not tell me about the EVIL he did other than the fact that he was on the
WRONG SIDE. I do not buy into that justification

While I have no dog in this fight, it would be nice if the President would make a public address on the subject, making the "should-be-obvious" point that monuments to significant historical characters are not the equivalent of canonization as saints. Every major public figure has things in their past that have been honorable, and things that have been less than honorable. That is human nature. If you think Stonewall Jackson was a scoundrel, then don't go to the monument, or tell everyone you know what you think. It's a free country. But you are NOT free to damage or destroy or remove a monument because at this moment in time something in that person's bio is offensive. that is childish bullshit. which is why it is so compelling for today's Leftists.

I am an American-----I know that Robert E Less was an important confederate General-----and won lost of

what about the 789 Million Asians with "Lee" in thier names?......I dont know what captain "Ho Lee Fuch" is gonna do now.....he goes out in public,,,god only knows what democrats will throw at him.

what about the 789 Million Asians with "Lee" in thier names?......I dont know what captain "Ho Lee Fuch" is gonna do now.....he goes out in public,,,god only knows what democrats will throw at him.

I will have to discard my latest bottle of soy sauce. PUBLICALLY DESTROY IT

I will have to discard my latest bottle of soy sauce. PUBLICALLY DESTROY IT
i wonder what Cathy Lee Gifford is gonna do

Statues of mass murderers Che Guevara and Lenin exist in the U.S.

Time to tear them down!

Forum List

Back