There are 350+ republican/bipartisan bills sitting on Reids desk

Never ask how many of those bills are about Obamacare. That would make you educated and unbias.

I know, a Liberal Amount of thinking is hard. Just follow Fox News, it's easier.

What is it that you don't understand about the words "bipartisan bills'.? This is the best article I have seen on the subject and it isn't from Fox news. It is in a previous post and I will re post the link and may post excerpts from it later for the bedwetters.

Has the U.S. House passed zero bills in past 3 years Fact Checker

Last edited:
1st post
So stop fucking asking what republicans are going to do or what they stand for.

Pull your liberal heads out of Obamas ass and look them up. Stop demanding links from everyone else & do some research for yourselves.

Prove you have a brain and that you're not just part of the flock.

To those of you who might be sane enough to give a shit, here's a good explanation of this so-called controversy.

Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for do-nothing Senate PolitiFact

Reid was the acknowledged obstructionist in chief. The New York Times even did a hit piece on him.

Harry cost a lot of dems their seats.
Sen Reid held back the republican/teaparty slash & burn hordes. He's a hero :cool-45: tinydancer

Are you suggesting that if Harry Reid had allowed his majority Democrats in the Senate to vote they would have voted FOR the Republican bills? That is rather interesting to say the least.

Reminds me of a story I recall from my ever more distant youth. I inherited a Mazda RX7 from my grandfather when he passed away. Apparently, OD (my Gramp's initials) had jokingly promised it to another grand child of his who was something like 5 years old when the promise was made. Flash forward 12 years and guess what; the kid wanted the RX7.

The will stated that it was mine, his parents and pretty much the entire clan told him that he was all wet but even today, he threatens to take me to court to get what is rightfully his.

----

The bills expire with the end of the term. So they may as well not exist. It was easy for the House to put anything crazy thing the NRA, Heritage Foundation, Christian Coalition, or Big Oil wanted into a bill since they knew it was going to be DOA in the Senate. Now that these things are going to pass the Senate...look for a bit of a more mature response from the GOP (if they are smart) since they're now playing with live ammo.

Reminds me of a story I recall from my ever more distant youth. I inherited a Mazda RX7 from my grandfather when he passed away. Apparently, OD (my Gramp's initials) had jokingly promised it to another grand child of his who was something like 5 years old when the promise was made. Flash forward 12 years and guess what; the kid wanted the RX7.

The will stated that it was mine, his parents and pretty much the entire clan told him that he was all wet but even today, he threatens to take me to court to get what is rightfully his.

----

The bills expire with the end of the term. So they may as well not exist. It was easy for the House to put anything crazy thing the NRA, Heritage Foundation, Christian Coalition, or Big Oil wanted into a bill since they knew it was going to be DOA in the Senate. Now that these things are going to pass the Senate...look for a bit of a more mature response from the GOP (if they are smart) since they're now playing with live ammo.

That is probably true about the crazy stuff, but the substance of many of these bills was bipartisan. The reason for debate and amendments in the Senate is to remove the crazy stuff and make the bill acceptable to both parties. Harry Reid and his Democrat controlled committees did not allow much of that to happen.

It remains to be seen if the Republican controlled Senate will do the same for the next two years. If they do the same thing, shame on them. If they don't and pass bills, Obama will have a chance to sign or veto them and if he veto's a bill, they get another opportunity to vote to over ride or not. And, that is the way it is supposed to work in a representative Republic.

Did someone from the right just acknowledge that disingenuous idiots in the senate put crazy things into bills in order to jam up the works?

It's a start.

Did someone from the right just acknowledge that disingenuous idiots in the senate put crazy things into bills in order to jam up the works?

It's a start.

Actually, I acknowledged that disingenuous idiots in the Senate weren't allowed to even vote on amendments to remove any thing they considered crazy from a bill.

It's a start.

Actually, I acknowledged that disingenuous idiots in the Senate weren't allowed to even vote on amendments to remove any thing they considered crazy from a bill.

Crazy shit...that was put INTO the bill by those disingenuous idiots.

Well done.

It's a start.

Crazy shit...that was put INTO the bill by those disingenuous idiots.

Well done.
You are the asshole that called legislators disingenuous idiots to start with.

----

^ that

Their bills were loaded w/ poison pills.

----

^ that

Their bills were loaded w/ poison pills.

That is what the amendment process is meant to remove or modify during the debate that was not allowed to happen.

Forum List

Back