The Woke Mob Now Wants To Cancel Facial Recognition??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Nijeer Parks, a 31-year-old Black man living in Paterson, New Jersey, walked into the Woodbridge Police Department to clear his name. Standing at the desk of the police station, holding an envelope with his Social Security card and identification, Parks was ready to clear his name. It wouldn't be so easy. "Four or five minutes later as me and [the clerk] were talking, two other officers walk up and tell me to put my hands behind my back," Parks recalled. Detained by the Woodbridge police, Parks, whose arrest was first reported by NJ.com, said he spent 11 days in jail. Only upon his release was he able to learn what the evidence against him.

According to a police report obtained by CNN, the [only] evidence presented by the police officers that led to Parks' arrest was a "high profile comparison" from a facial recognition scan of a photo of a fake ID left at the scene. While facial recognition technology has become increasingly accurate, research has shown it is drastically more prone to error when trying to match the faces of darker skinned people - and because no federal guidelines exist to limit or standardize the use of facial recognition by law enforcement"

Too bad for this guy -- it isn't the facial recognition software's fault that all darkies look alike -- and chances are this darkie was guilty of some other crime anyway...And this particular crime was a serious crime too; the guy who did it tried to shoplift; then ran from officers, hopped in a car and sped off nearly hitting an officer. The guy left a fake ID at the scene and the photo looked similar to Mr. Parks; so obviously he did it.

Well, he didn't do it -- he actually presented proof that he was 30 miles away at the time of the crime -- and despite this proof, it still took them over a year to drop the charges -- but I still feel this guy should have went to jail for something; because instead of being thankful -- he is filing a lawsuit....what kind of appreciation is that?

..more bullshit.....everything is RACE RACE RACE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc
....whites get falsely imprisoned also ..even wind up on death row

They should use facial recognition for everything. People who want to cheat or game the system won't like the degree of accuracy it will bring. And the people who rigged the last election certainly won't like it.

They should use facial recognition for everything. People who want to cheat or game the system won't like the degree of accuracy it will bring. And the people who rigged the last election certainly won't like it.
So did facial recognition lead to proving that the election was stolen??

Facial recognition should never be the ONLY EVIDENCE used to charge and arrest someone.....if they did 10 minutes of investigation work, they would have avoided this upcoming lawsuit they gonna have to settle....on the taxpayers dime

I hope they succeed...facial recognition is the stuff dystopian nightmares are made from.

Another reason to prolong mask wearing for as long as possible.

There are many anti-mask laws on the books that block public preventative actions to mitigate the use of facial recognition...now those are out the window. Who knows how long we will be able to get away with a cloth mask in public...maybe a decade...

Last edited:
They used facial recognition from scratched up picture from a fake ID.... how stupid.

Facial recognition software gets more unreliable the darker your skin is.

That's fucking bullshit.

The lies you Nazis tell.....

But I suspect there will be those who won't care. Only a matter of time till we get to this. It's already happening on some levels.

LAWS ARE RACIST so black people can't be subject to laws.

:lol:

You dumb Nazi fuck.

Talking of black dudes and facial recognition someone once told me (and was adamant) that you could tell what part of Africa a black person is from/originally from, from the shape of his head.

Still don't know to this day if it's a wind-up.

Well I know it don't work on chinamens cause they all look alike.

The major problem is that the facial ID should only be used as an aid to further investigation, NOT as evidence.

"Nijeer Parks, a 31-year-old Black man living in Paterson, New Jersey, walked into the Woodbridge Police Department to clear his name. Standing at the desk of the police station, holding an envelope with his Social Security card and identification, Parks was ready to clear his name. It wouldn't be so easy. "Four or five minutes later as me and [the clerk] were talking, two other officers walk up and tell me to put my hands behind my back," Parks recalled. Detained by the Woodbridge police, Parks, whose arrest was first reported by NJ.com, said he spent 11 days in jail. Only upon his release was he able to learn what the evidence against him.

According to a police report obtained by CNN, the [only] evidence presented by the police officers that led to Parks' arrest was a "high profile comparison" from a facial recognition scan of a photo of a fake ID left at the scene. While facial recognition technology has become increasingly accurate, research has shown it is drastically more prone to error when trying to match the faces of darker skinned people - and because no federal guidelines exist to limit or standardize the use of facial recognition by law enforcement"

Too bad for this guy -- it isn't the facial recognition software's fault that all darkies look alike -- and chances are this darkie was guilty of some other crime anyway...And this particular crime was a serious crime too; the guy who did it tried to shoplift; then ran from officers, hopped in a car and sped off nearly hitting an officer. The guy left a fake ID at the scene and the photo looked similar to Mr. Parks; so obviously he did it.

Well, he didn't do it -- he actually presented proof that he was 30 miles away at the time of the crime -- and despite this proof, it still took them over a year to drop the charges -- but I still feel this guy should have went to jail for something; because instead of being thankful -- he is filing a lawsuit....what kind of appreciation is that?
I suspect the chances of something like this go up exponentially if you have a criminal record of felony that has put you in prison. #1. Do not commit crimes so you will not have a criminal record. If you hear that the police are looking for you, especially if innocent, don't stroll in to the police station to clear your name, not even knowing what's up. #2. Call a decent lawyer. It is probably worth the money if the lawyer is worth a damn instead of walking in to clear it on your own, not knowing what or when you are thought to have committed some crime. In any police interview they conduct, they probably know more about what they are trying to find out, than you, especially if you are just an innocent. Police are not the enemy, but also not your friend in official situations. Lawyers aren't either, but they can be paid to represent your interests where as police are under no obligation to act in your best interests. At best, it is in their interests to clear cases and let the system sort it out down the road.
This facial recognition genie is out of the bottle, getting better and more accurate all the time, but mistakes can and will be made. It is not going back in, as too handy to ignore. These arrests for false recognition are like "man bites dog" stories, not really coming up much, but to ignore the possibility is stupid. Don't be stupid.

There is a documentary on Netflix, Coded Bias, that explores how facial recognition is bad with dark skinned people. Of course the conclusion is that that there is systemic bias in that technology. Whatever. I am all for cancelling facial recognition but not a chance that happens.

Don Rickles: In a crowd ya can't tell you guys apart.

Forum List

Back