CDZ 'The Way We Were'

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
The way we are.

'America was a Plutocratic Nat’l Security State and Still Is'

"Compare the America that welcomed young Donald Trump into the world in 1946 with the country that, some 70 years later, elected him president. As the post-World War II era was beginning, three large facts — so immense that they were simply taken for granted — defined America."" See OP

"Except in a ceremonial sense, the office of the presidency presently lies vacant."

The Irrelevance of Trump: America was a Plutocratic Nat'l Security State and Still Is

"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives." Leo Tolstoy

The way we are.

'America was a Plutocratic Nat’l Security State and Still Is'

"Compare the America that welcomed young Donald Trump into the world in 1946 with the country that, some 70 years later, elected him president. As the post-World War II era was beginning, three large facts — so immense that they were simply taken for granted — defined America."" See OP

"Except in a ceremonial sense, the office of the presidency presently lies vacant."

The Irrelevance of Trump: America was a Plutocratic Nat'l Security State and Still Is

"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives." Leo Tolstoy

That was a pretty interesting read. Somehow I need to come back to it every State of the Union address and see how much I agree or not.

So far Trump's shining moments have been meeting with North Korea and instilling some Tariffs.

The economy is going to "become his" next year but he hasn't screwed it up I'll ad.

We've taken a couple pointless steps back on some environmental issues. It will take a bit to see what that does for the coal industry or whoever it is supposed to help. Maybe we can start burning dirty coal to heat our homes again if they need more help.

Trump has cost the moral majority the ability to open their mouths about Bill Clinton's sex lives or well, anything moral I suppose, that's nice. But hey, Donald has bagged 3 reasonably good trophies and who knows how many "side kills", I can't fault him for what I've done or tried to do, just use it to call out the hypocrisy lol.

A good read. Where do you agree or disagree?

Forum List

Back