The way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers

That is very provocative.

Where do we send elvis, divecon, kevin kennedy, and crusaderfrank to enlist?

I think everyone on both sides of the political spectrum are close to being on the same page on this one.

It is a matter of executing a reasonable plan. We cannot walk all over our civil rights but we cannot have ridiculous government regulations preventing the identification of illegals by employers.

The HR professional has good insights. There are other issues not mentioned with small companies that do not have HR departments. They are more likely to knowingly hire illegals.

The only mudslinging was between willow and I. When she threw a few F bombs my way I lost my head. I apologize willow.

The way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers ...

Great idea! When is our Democratically-controlled government going to pass legislation to crack down on employers?

The answer is....They are not.

Just like their republican brethren, they know these illegals are too critical to the economy. It is easier to posture and claim you are cracking down.

The way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers ...

Great idea! When is our Democratically-controlled government going to pass legislation to crack down on employers?

The answer is....They are not.

Just like their republican brethren, they know these illegals are too critical to the economy. It is easier to posture and claim you are cracking down.

And their reelection gravy train is funded in a large part by said employers.

The most practical way to crack down on illegal immigration is to crack down on the employers. If there are no jobs then the illegal immigrants stop coming and those here will leave.

The employers say they need the cheap labor and cannot get American workers to fill the jobs. The reason the labor is cheap is because the government is paying for their health care and social services. The government is subsidizing the businesses that hire the illegal immigrants. This is business welfare.

American business will do disgusting things for cheap labor. In this case they are relying on government subsidies to meet the needs of the workers they cannot afford on the wages paid. Then they complain about taxes being too high. In the past it was slavery.

I think you've come to exactly the conclusion, immigration screws American labor. It isn't any free care, but their desperation that drives down their labor prices. This is a repeating theme throughout American history. They used to import Chinese workers for building the railroads in the 19th century, and paid them half what the American workers got. And the Americans got plenty pissed off too, just like we are now. But the Robber Barons love it, they loved putting their boot-heels on the necks' of American labor.

And you have to remember, and understand, that globalization is the flip-side of the same coin. Can't hire immigrants--well just shut the factory down, and send it to communist china. Hate communism in one pose, then praise sending American jobs to a communist country, better yet, a dictatorship. How does that sit with your bullshit meter. Ross Perot was right, how about that, and Democrats, sadly, have jumped on this train of anti-protectionism, and Obama seems to be in the Hoover phase, unwilling to jump the train of idiot policies, just yet.

Third technique for killing off American labor--demonize them in the media. How often have you heard talking heads dismiss, and attack unions, the only power workers have in America, or anywhere, to bargain for a decent living. But the media says, they wanted too much, and we needed wage slaves, not workers who made good money. So we'll say screw-you, and move to Myanmar, or Taiwan, and find some puddle-drinking, grindingly poor folks to do your work.

Fourth, they extended credit, but that was just to fill the increasing chasm of American consumerism, to make us all think there wasn't anything wrong. But there was. Americans accounts dwindled, along with their jobs, and their pay. Credit card debt spiraled. Eventually, like last night at the mall, stores were empty, and it looked like a ghost town.

It is, the end result of 30 years of republican strategy, based on nothing but greed for the top slice, the "supply side," the top five to ten percent richest Americans. It is where "freedom" in the republican definition takes us, to the poorhouse, to a depression. Banks having problems? Give them money. That's supply-side, and it keeps labor down. Demand side allows at least, like in the Cash-for-Clunkers, the lower and middle classes to benefit, along with the rich, to whom, the money eventually levitates anyway.

And where, on the "liberal media," is the discussion of renegotiation of these onerous, anti-American, "free" trade agreements? With official unemployment at ten, and unofficial unemployment at 19 percent, where indeed, are the talks of the solution, of bringing our labor home, and sending the Mexicans back to Mexico, so they can lobby to solve their own problems, with corruption, and their own huge income gap, which created the problems there.

Where, indeed? It is AWOL from the conversation, the most obvious thing, to solve unemployment, is nowhere to be found.

Joe Arpaio needs to be in his own lockup for violating the laws of Arizona.

Really? And of course you have a list handy of all these laws sheriff Joe has violated?

I mean I wouldn't want to think you were just TALKING OUT YOUR ASS or something... :eusa_eh:

The most practical way to crack down on illegal immigration is to crack down on the employers. If there are no jobs then the illegal immigrants stop coming and those here will leave.

The employers say they need the cheap labor and cannot get American workers to fill the jobs. The reason the labor is cheap is because the government is paying for their healthcare and social services. The government is subsidizing the businesses that hire the illegal immigrants. This is business welfare.

American business will do disgusting things for cheap labor. In this case they are relying on government subsidies to meet the needs of the workers they cannot afford on the wages paid. Then they complain about taxes being too high. In the past it was slavery.
Absolutely.

Obamanomics may force them back across the borders if we can stop the foodstamp gift cards and free medical care.

Nah, the immigrantos are here to stay, the great majority. They are "home" in their minds, and their children born here are citizens. Having seen poverty in Mexico and living poorly here, I believe they believe here is better (unless you have been to some our delta towns -- disgraceful and deadly) regardless of the economy. Americans simply don't let children starve to death.

The problem is both of our parties. Pubs want cheap labor, and Dems want cheap voters when they naturalize or birth right to eighteen.

Last edited:
Truly seal of the border so that illegal immigration is a managable trickle.

Hammer the businesses and employers. I like Shogun's idea.

Immigration reform. Guys, we are not rounding up 12mm illegals. You rightwingers freak at town hall meetings? The rest of America would freak at the round up and stick you in the detention centers instead. Besides, if the border is sealed, the number of illegals will decline over the years, and their children will be citizens stuck with supporting them.

Works out for everybody.

My other radical idea is to confiscate 100 miles of mexican land south of the rio grande until Mexico stops sending their unwanteds to the US. It's like a neighbor letting his dog shit on your yard. Mexico has no actual desire, or incentive, to retain their pauper class. If we used confiscated mexican land as a buffer where illegals are sent to earn American citizenship by protecting the American border we'd shoot about 4 birds with one stone.

Im a little surprised we haven't done something like this anyway considering all the drug trafficking that goes on. Alqueda can'tbe any more of a direct threat over in iraq than mexican cartels that have a choke hold on the Mexican government. Using military force against cartels would move security assets to the southern border and also clear up importing mexicos drugs... and I say that with the full desire to see marijuana legal and produced in America for American consumption.

We've already taken from Texas, to California from them in the Mexican-American war, another US, Imperialist event. Thank James Polk for that bit of Imperialism. And the American poor, as usual, did the fighting.

Mexico is still stinging from that little piece of history.

bummer days. Mexico isn't stinging TOO much or they would not enjoy the free semi-citizenship that we've granted for that nations pauper class. Hell, if Mexico still had texas and the rest of of the southwest it would STILL not have clean water or any semblance to law as we see south of the border.

fuck mexico.

The employers say they need the cheap labor and cannot get American workers to fill the jobs. The reason the labor is cheap is because the government is paying for their healthcare and social services. The government is subsidizing the businesses that hire the illegal immigrants. This is business welfare.

No truer words were ever spoken than your's in this post Elmer. Way to go.

And just think of the jobs that would be created by hiring people to enforce immigration laws and that the boarder stays closed. Real American , very needed jobs.

brilliant peice of dishonest fuckery.. You won't allow employers to check for ID,, you vote down e verify each and every time yet you still want to blame the employer. what a dishonest fuck you are. Kerry On!

I assumed you were a woman. If so, you are certainly a filthy mouthed female dog.

I think Businesses should check ID.

The government needs to reduce costs. That includes unneccessary welfare accross the board including businesses.

The welfare paid to illegal immigrants benefits the businesses as much as the illegal immigrants. It has to stop.

And you are a conservative and you are against reducing welfare.

You are a crazy female dog.

thank ewe elmer fudge thank ewe.:lol:

bummer days. Mexico isn't stinging TOO much or they would not enjoy the free semi-citizenship that we've granted for that nations pauper class. Hell, if Mexico still had texas and the rest of of the southwest it would STILL not have clean water or any semblance to law as we see south of the border.

fuck mexico.

:eek:

Joe Arpaio needs to be in his own lockup for violating the laws of Arizona.

Really? And of course you have a list handy of all these laws sheriff Joe has violated?

I mean I wouldn't want to think you were just TALKING OUT YOUR ASS or something... :eusa_eh:

You will see the investigation become public by January.

You mean a cheap shot by the illegal alien coddling liberal ass wads to ruin a good man... :eusa_whistle:

You will see the investigation become public by January.

You mean a cheap shot by the illegal alien coddling liberal ass wads to ruin a good man... :eusa_whistle:

Crime is crime, sis, no big dif. He will look good in the perp walk for the media.

Pass a law stating a date lets say 1/1/2011 that all Illegal aliens must be gone from this country at that date, any left will detained, imprisoned, fingerprinted, eyescanned, voicegraphed, deported to their country of origin, all possesion of these individuals will be consfiscated and sold, all proceeds will then be used for finding and deporting any illegals still here, This would modivate these people to self-deport before the deadline date. If caught back here illegally, 20 years hardlabor in prison!!! They came here by themselves they can leave by themselves!!!

Forum List

Back