The "WAR ON WOMEN"

Women are basically 2/3rds a citizen in America these days, much like 1953 or so

and if you really believe in equality, you might just agree w/me

~S~

Preeclampsia
Try again, Simp.

Early delivery of the baby is often recommended. The timing of delivery depends on how severe the preeclampsia is and how many weeks pregnant you are. Before delivery, preeclampsia treatment includes careful monitoring and medications to lower blood pressure and manage complications.

Try again, Simp.

Early delivery of the baby is often recommended. The timing of delivery depends on how severe the preeclampsia is and how many weeks pregnant you are. Before delivery, preeclampsia treatment includes careful monitoring and medications to lower blood pressure and manage complications.
And that is a health decision, duh.

What a bunch of crap from most of the men here: misogynists, incels, losers and jerks. Zero empathy with real ordinary women who sometimes do “get into trouble.”

Perhaps some of these commenters are now older bastards who just get off ridiculing the majority of Americans — and majority of women especially — who defend a woman’s right to have an abortion in situations where it most often occurs.

Most Americans are not fanatics who equate the “rights” of an embryo or first or second trimester fetus with those of a grown woman. We support convenient “abortion pills” and early abortions without restrictions. They — we — support the right of women to end unwanted pregnancies as conveniently and as quickly as possible, without authoritarian religious politicians or a the state throwing up obstacles that delay or make the procedure much worse. We defend women against the real, growing, now national “ban-abortion” war on women.

Half the men who talk a “moralistic” anti-abortion line would urge their own out-of-marriage lovers to have an abortion in a split second … to save their marriage or even just their reputation and alimony. But they still talk their shit.

You would think these men never really learned how to listen to others. It is as if they have no sisters, no daughters, no real women friends. Whether “Moral Majority” hypocrites or religious nuts or just cynical political trolls, they all have their own “wise guy” excuses for participating in this immoral and politically reactionary “war on women.”

I’m sure there are really some religious people who do have a “deep moral commitment” to preserving life — in other people’s wombs — but frankly I don’t see any sign of them here in this thread.

Zero empathy with real ordinary women who sometimes do “get into trouble.”

I would gather that most men, even on the right, would have more empathy if the left didn’t look at abortion so casually and flippantly, as shown by your following example:

We support convenient “abortion pills” and early abortions without restrictions. They — we — support the right of women to end unwanted pregnancies as conveniently and as quickly as possible

I’d dare say that most conservatives probably actually support exceptions for rape and incest, and I’m sure everyone would except the health of the mother, if you’d get them away from the arguments and hostility here on usmb.

The pushback you get is mostly because people who get abortions do so because they got pregnant, and it’s just inconvenient for them, so they abort the baby.

I would gather that most men, even on the right, would have more empathy if the left didn’t look at abortion so casually and flippantly, as shown by your following example:

I’d dare say that most conservatives probably actually support exceptions for rape and incest, and I’m sure everyone would except the health of the mother, if you’d get them away from the arguments and hostility here on usmb.

The pushback you get is mostly because people who get abortions do so because they got pregnant, and it’s just inconvenient for them, so they abort the baby.
Why is it conservatives boil down decisions on pregnancy, childbirth, raising a child as issues of “convenience”?

It is as if it were as insignificant as the inconvenience of forgetting to brush your teeth.

ThisIsMe said:

Women get abortions (and get pregnant) for lots of reasons. Men get women pregnant for lots of reasons too.

We should not grant the STATE the power to set up laws or tribunals to unravel “good, bad and ugly” motivations in such complex emotional matters. We don’t generally forbid or force women to marry, divorce, or have children these days, and we have the science to make abortions — when they are necessary or chosen — be quite convenient and usually as simple as taking a pill or going in for minor outpatient surgery.

This is not saying anything “flippant” but just recognizing reality. The emotional trauma for a woman choosing an abortion can be major or very minor, depending on many factors, and of course nobody is forcing the woman to do anything but follow her conscience and her sense of what is best for her, her future children, her family and all involved.

Our courts cannot even determine if “rape” of “sexual abuse” occurs in 90% of cases. In my own life I’ve seen far too many young women “taken advantage of” by men —“boyfriends” totally unprepared and unwilling to settle down, marry and raise children. “Sure, I have the condom right here!” — these are famous last words of horny men.

We can now see that the pro-choice movement was right all along when it warned that the rightwing evangelical anti-abortion movement was extremist and would never be satisfied. Even under Roe v Wade the religious right managed in many states first to remove abortion out of hospitals, isolating and making it vulnerable, and then to close virtually all abortion centers — since to these moral absolutists a zygote is already a human life that has the right to live inside and outside of an unwilling pregnant woman’s body. All the promises that this issue would be resolved in the separate states was a smokescreen or a delusion.

That doesn’t mean that compromises may not be re-established eventually. I was personally satisfied with the Roe vs. Wade 50 year precedent allowing states to limit or even veto abortion in the last trimester. It was the dark alliance of rightwing evangelical witch hunters and cynical MAGA opportunists who demonize the “Demonrat Party” which is now proposing we outlaw abortion pills NATIONALLY — even though this issue will likely harm their short-term electoral prospects. They have a totally unrepresentative Supreme Court on their side too. If by some chance they were to sweep both Houses and the Presidency in 2024, they will run with this and many other destructive campaigns.

The nation would suffer terribly and its remaining social unity be further undercut. We might even end up losing what remains of our Republic and “rule of law” entirely, as Trump has made it clear he cares little about such matters.

In any case, the defense of women’s right to abortion today is related to many other issues of privacy and personal freedom in society, even it seems the right to birth control and to marry who one wishes. Finally it gives the woman — long suffering in this respect — more power and control of her own position in society, making family planning much easier, producing more stable families, and more loved and wanted children.

Last edited:
There are so many things wrong with that statement I don’t even know where to begin…
I mean you could start with identifying one thing that is wrong.

If the literal gatekeepers of sex did a better job controlling their bodies, they wouldn’t be having unintentional pregnancies. That is what controlling your body logically means.

Not killing kids, like you think it does. Which is insane.

There is no guts to tell the truth. Women control the Western World. Due to male sell outs like Joe. The rest of the world are trying to survive. The problem is that the women have not figured out that there must be a good reduction of people in their utopian dreams.

Forum List

Back