Zone1 The Vatican is not the home of the Catholic Church anymore (as is obvious?)

Then you will be attending Sedevacantist Masses from now on?
No. I will still attend them as often as I have done previously. You see, Jesus' Presence cannot be limited. Where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there, too--and no action of any pope or any Vatican can change that.

Not saying you don't. I am saying your reality is hatred of the Catholic Church.

You seem totally oblivious to Jesus' teachings, like none of these were ever integrated into your life or touched/influenced it in any way.
Quite the contrary, for many years, my friends said I was an atheist with a Catholic Value system, which was largely true in the past (for instance, being anti-Abortion until about a decade ago, and not really being abortion rights now so much as abortion pragmatic.)

I think there are a lot of things that Jesus taught that were pretty good... and most of them are lost on the corrupt theocracy of Rome.

I think there are a lot of things that Jesus taught that were pretty good... and most of them are lost on the corrupt theocracy of Rome.
Not for those focused on The Word. Those distractions in life are exactly what The Word addresses and guides us through.

Not for those focused on The Word. Those distractions in life are exactly what The Word addresses and guides us through.

Um, okay. YOu realize that you can find good advice in the world without believing in a lot of religious hokum, right?

Don't get me wrong, if belief in a Magic Sky Pixies is all that keeps you religionists from going on an orgy of rape and murder, by all means keep believing that.

Um, okay. YOu realize that you can find good advice in the world without believing in a lot of religious hokum, right?
Hokum is everywhere...history, education, philosophy, religion, news, work, texts, grocery stores, even books/articles containing good advice. Ever ask yourself why religion is the only place you appear to find hokum, while you are able to pluck good advice out of all the other places equally doused with hokum?

Ever look around your own home and enumerate all the things you could do without? Right now I am surrounded by vases of flowers: Sweet peas, Sweet William, roses, bachelor buttons, peonies, flowering maple, tea tree blossoms, alstroemerias...which one do you think I should remove from my home?

I would no more rid myself of my relationship with God, than I would rid myself of my husband, daughters, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, or friends--and (other than the one husband) I have plenty of the others. With God I have found great joy and a love beyond all description. Sure, I can find joy and love in other places, too. Why give up any of it? Would you suggest I give up even one source of advice, one source of love or joy, just because there are other sources?

Don't get me wrong, if belief in a Magic Sky Pixies is all that keeps you religionists from going on an orgy of rape and murder, by all means keep believing that.
Calling God a Magic Sky Pixie doesn't change his reality any more than calling you a giraffe changes your reality. It simply alerts people that you do not know God and I don't know giraffes.

Ever look around your own home and enumerate all the things you could do without?
Not really. I live a very Spartan lifestyle.

Calling God a Magic Sky Pixie doesn't change his reality any more than calling you a giraffe changes your reality. It simply alerts people that you do not know God and I don't know giraffes.
Except I can prove Giraffe's exist. I can drive down to Brookfeild Zoo and take pictures of them.

Except I can prove Giraffe's exist. I can drive down to Brookfeild Zoo and take pictures of them.
That has nothing to do with my point. Calling you a giraffe does not make you a giraffe.

I know you have had no experience of or with God. That lack of experience does not prove the non-existence of God any more than being blind proves the non-existence of blue. I could go outside, take a picture of a blue sky, show the picture to a blind person...and that would not prove blue to him. In the same way, people can testify to experiences of God but that proves nothing to you.

Psst. Despite your Spartan lifestyle, I imagine you have a cup or a pair of socks you could still do without. ;)

I know you have had no experience of or with God. That lack of experience does not prove the non-existence of God any more than being blind proves the non-existence of blue. I could go outside, take a picture of a blue sky, show the picture to a blind person...and that would not prove blue to him. In the same way, people can testify to experiences of God but that proves nothing to you.

Fallacy.

Where is your actual evidence. I can take a picture of Giraffes or the Blue Sky because they exist.

No one has taken a picture of your or anyone else's God.

(Again, I'm more worried about Amaterasu, because the thought of God being a hot Asian woman is kind of frightening and erotic.)

Psst. Despite your Spartan lifestyle, I imagine you have a cup or a pair of socks you could still do without.
I'm sure I can. But that sock doesn't require me to be a superstitious nitwit, so it also isn't going me any harm.

I'm sure I can. But that sock doesn't require me to be a superstitious nitwit, so it also isn't going me any harm.
You missed the point. You were arguing I don't need religion/God. I pointed out we don't need many things, but we still recognize their value and the positive impact on life. Your reality is "superstition". My reality is a genuine interaction with God.

No. I will still attend them as often as I have done previously. You see, Jesus' Presence cannot be limited. Where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there, too--and no action of any pope or any Vatican can change that.

If the novus ordo was "valid" or however you say, then yours truly would have been content to stay there. I was unhappy long before I discovered Sedevacantism, something the no "church" does NOT want its members to find. They never EVER mentioned Lefebvre when I was in the no years ago. Gee... that's hard to figure out.

No business likes competition.

They (the no folks) said that Lefebvre and Co were in schism when it is THEY who are in schism.

I'm not surprised you don't know this. I didn't either until some years ago and even then, it took time for all the puzzle pieces to come together to form a picture.

I'm thankful I have that picture. "You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free" (Jesus)

Quite the contrary, for many years, my friends said I was an atheist with a Catholic Value system, which was largely true in the past (for instance, being anti-Abortion until about a decade ago, and not really being abortion rights now so much as abortion pragmatic.)

I don;'t even think its a theocracy. I mean, doesn't one of those have to be run by an actual PASTOR?

Berg is no Catholic.. not in my book and plenty of others agree. And even if he were, the Vatican has been so "re-done" almost all Catholicity has been removed..

The Catholic Church got way smaller in 1958 when Pius XII, last valid pope, passed away. Then Vatican II did the rest of the damage. . destroyed the Church, as some groups had been planning for decades/centuries... But the Church lives on elsewhere.. :) Sedevacantist Churches

Those are the voices in your head.
We have medications for that now.
that's disrespectful and un-true.

There really is such a thing as having a relationship with God.. it's not always easy to do but some people do it

After Pius XII, there have been no valid popes. Evildoers took over the Vatican 65 years ago... splains a lot of things, doesn't it?

Pius XII (last true pope) had this to say about the Catholic Church which at the time he wrote this WAS in the Vatican (so keep in mind he is referring to the TRUE Catholic Church)

Some CT!

"Good"... whatever that means (highly subjective w/ us humans)...

is not good enough

We need supernatural goodness aka holiness in order to get into Heaven

enter the Church Christ founded (thousands of years ago).

"Good"... whatever that means (highly subjective w/ us humans)...

is not good enough

We need supernatural goodness aka holiness in order to get into Heaven

enter the Church Christ founded (thousands of years ago).
Um, okay, but what if the Muslims are right?

You spend all your time believing in Jesus and Yahweh, and you find Allah in the afterlife.

Um, okay, but what if the Muslims are right?

You spend all your time believing in Jesus and Yahweh, and you find Allah in the afterlife.

you act like Jesus is just a philosophy

He is a PERSON

a powerful person, both God and man

and the Church He founded is and claims to be the WAY to Heaven. You haven't had my experiences in life so you will argue w/ me... but ... maybe you should try to have your own experiences with Christ and His True Church (now called Sedevacantist) and then maybe you will have something important to say about such.

Forum List

Back