The Value of Free Speech

And this is a post reminding us all of how the left is willing to put up with almost anything as long as the name has a "D" after it.

Fucking bullshit. It is you 'Conservatives' that are opposed to free speech.

Better yet, find me a libertarian leaning person who wants the government to shut someone up for them.

When, on the thread somewhere dealing with the Libretardian pope, Paul II, the Randists showed their true nasty nature by joyously praising the fact that the websites have moderators. "Oh, that's different" is the gateway to Stalinism. Like a mirror, they change things from Left to Right but it's still just as ugly. We've been warned in advance that if they ever crippled the government, their business heroes would hire people to spy on employees' private lives. But, oh, that's different, it's the Boss's own money spent on goons, not taxpayers' money spent on Homeland Security Men in Black.

Better yet, find me a libertarian leaning person who wants the government to shut someone up for them.

When, on the thread somewhere dealing with the Libretardian pope, Paul II, the Randists showed their true nasty nature by joyously praising the fact that the websites have moderators. "Oh, that's different" is the gateway to Stalinism. Like a mirror, they change things from Left to Right but it's still just as ugly. We've been warned in advance that if they ever crippled the government, their business heroes would hire people to spy on employees' private lives. But, oh, that's different, it's the Boss's own money spent on goons, not taxpayers' money spent on Homeland Security Men in Black.

A website is not the government and being moderated is not an assault on your livelihood.

Lol, another far leftist who has his head buried in his glutes. I frankly want the government to vanish. I want it to be rebuilt on Constitutional foundations, not on bureaucratic ones.

i for one appreciated all the people that wear tinfoil hats. If not for their vigilance who knows what freedoms would be taken away. Too bad they only seem to be interested in protecting the ones that allow them to preach hate.

You guys keep saying that. When are you going to prove it?

This nation values free speech.....it is codified. Any attempt to curtail this freedom must go through the courts. You have no evidence that progressives are making any attempt to curtil free speech.

You have some weird idea that people who want civil discourse ( not me, of course.....I don't give a fuck what assholes say).....are curtailing your right to free speech. Nonsense. They are trying to keep said speech civil. Period.

When these people use their right to free speech to complain about the things assholes say, you guys cry foul....predictably....like Pavlov's pup.

Correct.

Not only is there no evidence, but liberals and progressive have always been at the forefront of defending unpopular speech and the right to free expression in the courts.

Well, what do you know. I have learned something today. Thanks, Daveman. I was not aware of those decisions. Much appreciated.

And....I apologize for calling TK a dummy for that comment.
No problem.

op43z.jpg

If you say so Dave. You've never been wrong about anything.
I've never claimed that, although I appreciate the vote of confidence. :lol:

However, to claim that progressives defend freedom of speech is asinine. They do only when they agree with the speech.

Nope. We defend it all the time. It is a key part of what makes this country a great place to be lucky enough to be born in. You might want to have some real discussions with some progressives. You know....the kind where you listen as well as talk.
I have.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but anyway:

On another board, I posted my oath of enlistment, explained what it meant, and asked the resident progressives if they would defend MY Constitutional rights with their lives, if necessary.

The answer was invariably, "Hell, NO! Why should we defend YOUR rights, you fascist?!"

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/report-an-attack

Tester and Murphy Propose Repealing the First Amendment | National Review Online

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4]Obama Supporters Petition to Repeal the FIRST AMENDMENT. Seriously! Watch! - YouTube[/ame]

Do those look like they're designed to protect free speech...or suppress it?

However, to claim that progressives defend freedom of speech is asinine. They do only when they agree with the speech.

Nope. We defend it all the time. It is a key part of what makes this country a great place to be lucky enough to be born in. You might want to have some real discussions with some progressives. You know....the kind where you listen as well as talk.
I have.

On another board, I posted my oath of enlistment, explained what it meant, and asked the resident progressives if they would defend MY Constitutional rights with their lives, if necessary.

The answer was invariably, "Hell, NO! Why should we defend YOUR rights, you fascist?!"

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

Tester and Murphy Propose Repealing the First Amendment | National Review Online

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4]Obama Supporters Petition to Repeal the FIRST AMENDMENT. Seriously! Watch! - YouTube[/ame]

Tester and Murphy.........did not propose repelling the st amendment now, did they?

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

That was hilarious! :lol: All that shows is people dont mind limiting other peoples rights as long as they dont lose their rights.

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

That was hilarious! :lol: All that shows is people dont mind limiting other peoples rights as long as they dont lose their rights.

You're denser than a neutron star. You must have one hell of a chair, Asclepias.

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

Obama Supporters Petition to Repeal the FIRST AMENDMENT. Seriously! Watch! - YouTube

You're denser than a neutron star. You must have one hell of a chair, Asclepias.

You are about as gullible as a newborn child if you dont think he could find some right wingers to do the same thing if he switched up his proposition to limit the free speech of liberals. Are you really that stupid or are you just playing possum?

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

Tester and Murphy.........did not propose repelling the st amendment now, did they?
For some people, yes, they did:
Legal experts say a constitutional amendment proposed by Senate Democrats would eliminate all constitutional rights for nonprofit groups and many religious organizations.​

Now how about you address the other examples I provided?

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

Yup.

Of course, if they'd asked any veterans to sign, they'd have gotten a lecture on the value of defending EVERYONE'S rights.

I have.

Non-anecdotal evidence:

[email protected]

Obama Supporters Petition to Repeal the FIRST AMENDMENT. Seriously! Watch! - YouTube

Legal experts say a constitutional amendment proposed by Senate Democrats would eliminate all constitutional rights for nonprofit groups and many religious organizations.​

Sigh....so boring. That headline interested me as it was the first time I had seen it. Naturally, the title is bullshit. Tester and Murphy did no such thing.

Th video is shit. Not worthy of a second look.

Why don't you tell me the purpose of the two WH websites. Be honest.

Thanks for boring me to fucking death.

You are about as gullible as a newborn child if you dont think he could find some right wingers to do the same thing if he switched up his proposition to limit the free speech of liberals. Are you really that stupid or are you just playing possum?

Um, given that I don't take you seriously, Asclepias, yes I would be playing possum. Only newborn children like you would be gullible enough to be led around by the hand with liberal propaganda. You just can't stick to the original argument, can you?

Sigh....so boring. That headline interested me as it was the first time I had seen it. Naturally, the title is bullshit. Tester and Murphy did no such thing.

Th video is shit. Not worthy of a second look.

Why don't you tell me the purpose of the two WH websites. Be honest.

Thanks for boring me to fucking death.
Oh, I get it. You're getting pissy because I proved you wrong.

Kerry on.

Free speech can go too far, there needs to be some anti-discrimination laws and anti-hate laws otherwise society gets out of control. Look at parts of Europe and the US, and you have dangerous neo-nazi types and religious fundamentalists preaching religious and racial hatred, which results in murders, property destruction and otherwise acts of violence. Russia is the worst example right now, as people are persecuted for being LGBT.

Forum List

Back