Freedom of Speech takes a hit in Michigan

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Think you have freedom of speech? You might find out the hard way that you don't. Josh Schriver was punished for his so called free speech.

---Republican Lawmaker Punished for 'Great Replacement' Social Media Post---

He made a racist remark, which he had every right to do so, and his peers took away his committee and seat, which they had every right to do so.

Free speech does not mean you don't get whacked for it.

Schriver was punished for his so called free speech.

J Edgar in post #3 gives lenny the hint to keep him from a smashed nose, broken teeth, black eyes.

J.Edgar generously guides Lenny to the understanding that words have meaning. And sometimes those meanings offend, anger, insult, provoke......and therein, Lenny, cluefull people will proceed as wisely as they have the brains to be.

Look at it this way: Your daughter's new boyfriend sits at your Christmas table and with the assembled family then forcefully asserts "This f*****n cranberry jelly tastes like sh*t!"."

Well, this is America. And we think we have freedom of speech 'cause our Bill of Rights seems to suggest we do.

However, what you say, how you say it, where you say it, and to whom you say it, and those who hear it.......well, all that matters too, Lenny.

No right comes to us without a burden of responsibility. And if one ain't responsible enough with one's language then......well then, maybe you shouldn't be in a leadership position as this Michigan pol is.

Say Amen!!

The right to say what you want, even if it hurts someone's feelings.
------------------------------------------------

Yup you got that right. Say whatever you want. Regardless of its appropriateness.
And will and should..... rightly earn any consequences deriving from saying what you want.
It's been ever such.

Go back to the allegory suggested above: Will that new boyfriend experience consequences for exercising his right to call those cranberries sh*t....just as he wanted?

Is it right that he's ordered to getthehellouttathishouse?
Is it right if he is grabbed by the scruff and thrown onto the porch?

Well, I dunno. I never said the cranberries were awful at any table. And no new boyfriend ever said they were at our table.

Which I am relieved and a bit proud to say.

Do your understand the responsibility that comes with that right now, Lenny?

I happen to believe that there's something to it.....Have you watched any commercials lately?

Blacks are represented all out of proportion to their actual percentage of population numbers and buying habits.

A black Camping World commercial....Really? :laughing0301:

Add to that US blacks are doing a swimmingly good job of reducing their own numbers through abortion and killing each other off in wholesale lots.....I'd be surprised if they are even at 11% now.

I happen to believe that there's something to it.....Have you watched any commercials lately?

Blacks are represented all out of proportion to their actual percentage of population numbers and buying habits.

A black Camping World commercial....Really? :laughing0301:

Add to that US blacks are doing a swimmingly good job of reducing their own numbers through abortion and killing each other off in wholesale lots.....I'd be surprised if they are even at 11% now.
Of course there’s something to it. The objective is to destroy American culture and a prime way to do that is to equate all things white with racism and white supremacy. If a commercial is too white the product could be trashed on social media. Too risky. So the pressure is to add non-whites to the ads for CYA.

He made a racist remark, which he had every right to do so, and his peers took away his committee and seat, which they had every right to do so.

Guess what? Even "racist speech" is free speech.

You don't get to control the narrative

I'd recommend you go back to school and relearn the Constitution, but you don't even live on this side of the ocean.
No absolute right of free speech exists. You can't lie to law enforcement. You can't perjure in court. You are liable if you defame. You can go to jail for making false statements in a loan process.

Just stop sounding goofy.

No absolute right of free speech exists. You can't lie to law enforcement. You can't perjure in court. You are liable if you defame. You can go to jail for making false statements in a loan process.

Just stop sounding goofy.
Josh Schriver didn't do any of that.

Love the hypocrisy. Government is supposed to be the biggest defender of free speech but the same government punished their own for exercising the free speech they sworn to defend. Leftists are fine with this.

Forum List

Back