The US Should Do A Full Out Strike of North Korea's Nuclear Sites

I'm not going to agree with a strike as outlined by the OP, but......for years I've considered NK to possibly be the most dangerous country in the world, at least as far as the US is concerned. Maybe for everyone. Obviously I only have what I've read about them to go on, but it seems their people are completely disconnected from reality by the ruling government, and I wonder just how much those in government actually know what's reality and what is just propaganda.

I hope that something changes in as peaceful a fashion as possible, but I worry that peaceful means will never sway the NK government.

No one is going to strike anyone over this.

Neo-cons and imperialists, go have a wet dream elsewhere.

Well obama is suppose to say tonight he wants to reduce our nukes by 40%, we could reduce a couple and get rid of a problem. Just saying.

NK once again makes us look like fool. It goes back to George W. Bush. While the NK were going through yet another great famine that was killing so many of their citizens, Bush made a dead end the nuke programs and will will give you monetary and food aid. Little Kim said cool took the aid and kept up the nuke development.

Now they have nukes and Little Kim Jr is keeping on keeping on!

The carrot didn't work, now time for the stick.

TO BE CLEAR LEFTIST STRAWMEN, I AM NOT ADVOCATING AN INVASION!!!

What Obama should do is order the largest air and sea to land missile strike since WW II! Finally test the bunker busters in live combat. Hit every possibly nuclear lab, enrichment site, silo, missile site, etc. Hit everything hard and in multiple waves. Start with a sea to land missile strike on their anti-air defense, then fly in a ginoremous amount of bombers packed with the best bunker busters the world has ever seen!

Yes, there will be complaining, yes Russia and China will bitch. Yes there will be protests here and abroad. However, none of this will last and no one will do a thing. Much like when Russia invaded Georgia and blasted them to rubble. Many people talked tough, Russia was universially denounced, but nothing much from there and in WEEKS it was forgotten, no sanctions, no boycotts, no loss of business nothing!

Occupations stick around a while and leave a bad taste, quick in and outs bring immediate condemnation, but are forgotten quickly!

Benefits:
(1) Removes North Korea from the Nuclear Arms Club!
(2) Sends a strong message to Iran, that yes the US will take out your nuke program by force if need be.
(3) Weakens NK even more and might lead to the start of a reunification.
(4) Sends a message to any would-be dictator that developing nuclear arms won't be tolerated.
(5) Sends a message to the world (much like the Russian invasion of Georgia), that the US is still a force not to mess with.

This is one of many reasons why Romney lost: the American people wanted no part of the insane neo-con warmongering advocated by the OP.

NK once again makes us look like fool. It goes back to George W. Bush. While the NK were going through yet another great famine that was killing so many of their citizens, Bush made a dead end the nuke programs and will will give you monetary and food aid. Little Kim said cool took the aid and kept up the nuke development.

What Obama should do is order the largest air and sea to land missile strike since WW II! Finally test the bunker busters in live combat. Hit every possibly nuclear lab, enrichment site, silo, missile site, etc. Hit everything hard and in multiple waves. Start with a sea to land missile strike on their anti-air defense, then fly in a ginoremous amount of bombers packed with the best bunker busters the world has ever seen!

Yes, there will be complaining, yes Russia and China will bitch. Yes there will be protests here and abroad. However, none of this will last and no one will do a thing. Much like when Russia invaded Georgia and blasted them to rubble. Many people talked tough, Russia was universially denounced, but nothing much from there and in WEEKS it was forgotten, no sanctions, no boycotts, no loss of business nothing!

Occupations stick around a while and leave a bad taste, quick in and outs bring immediate condemnation, but are forgotten quickly!

Benefits:
(2) Sends a strong message to Iran, that yes the US will take out your nuke program by force if need be.
(4) Sends a message to any would-be dictator that developing nuclear arms won't be tolerated.
(5) Sends a message to the world (much like the Russian invasion of Georgia), that the US is still a force not to mess with.

Ok, great. You wanna volunteer to ride the first aircraft in?

Nice weak red herring. I am not a pilot, nor am I qualified to fly a fighter jet. That doesn't mean I can't argue what is best from our nation from a military standpoint. I am also not a police officer, but I can argue they should be going into the worst parts of Chicago and fighting the gangs head on. I am not an officer, nor am I trained to fight crime, yet that does not prohibit me from suggesting that officers should fight the gangs in Chicago.

So take your self-righteousness and stick it!

Yeah...that's what I thought.

Benefits:

This is one of many reasons why Romney lost: the American people wanted no part of the insane neo-con warmongering advocated by the OP.

You mean like Obama overthrowing Gaddafi and putting Libya in chaos. Drone strikes in Pakistan and cross-border raid in Pakistan to get OBL, the stationing of special forces troops in 35 African nations or proving guns to Mexican drug cartels! Yep Obama doesn't do any of the sort!

Last edited:

Benefits:

Ok, great. You wanna volunteer to ride the first aircraft in?

0000gghjdjsjdjdjd-2.jpeg

Let him ride this!

Do we even know where all their sites are? Air strikes are difficult without intelligence. The intelligence community isn't exactly known for getting things right in recent years.

Do we even know where all their sites are? Air strikes are difficult without intelligence. The intelligence community isn't exactly known for getting things right in recent years.

NK is not much of a threat, but if airstrikes did not disable all of the nukes, the NKs would throw whatever was left at SK. The ensuing war would collapse NK and close to 15mm would try to cross the border in China. China wants no part of that.

So what to do? Continue to bribe the NK leaders with food supplies for the people.

If ever we should reconsider electing and appointing neo-cons to office again, consider the Axis of Evil, Iraq and Iran and NK, are doing well, despite war and sanctions.

The US isn't going to strike anyone. obama is god. He can frown and impose sanctions. The US should shut up, sit in the corner and take its medicine.

NK is not much of a threat, but if airstrikes did not disable all of the nukes, the NKs would throw whatever was left at SK. The ensuing war would collapse NK and close to 15mm would try to cross the border in China. China wants no part of that.

So what to do? Continue to bribe the NK leaders with food supplies for the people.

I don't think that's a good option. It just keeps them in power abusing their people and threatening their neighbors.

I can't say I want to see it happen (negotiations would be better if they were genuine), but, if a strike were to happen, I'd be much happier if it came from the Chinese.

China is not going to allow NK to start WWIII. They'll throttle them before that happens. Right now NK is just not a real threat, so we continue to play the game. I would imagine that China is growing tired of NK's antics though. It might not be much longer until they do something. As for us striking NK, probably not the best idea. We want China to be our long term friend, not enemy. We better start understanding one thing about China; they are going to have a much bigger economy than us at some point, and that some point is not too far away. We do not want or need to end up in a military cold war and military spending race with them, especially if their economy becomes much bigger than ours.

We can lead without the need for attacking others, at least so long as we are not attacked first.

I can't say I want to see it happen (negotiations would be better if they were genuine), but, if a strike were to happen, I'd be much happier if it came from the Chinese.

Say What? That would be like us bombing Israel.

Not really. China tolerates NK because they don't want a bunch of NK refugees entering China. It really isn't a two way relationship anymore.

I'm sure that, as we speak, the UN is coming up with a very strongly-worded condemnation for this nuke test.

Benefits:

Oh goody.

Another war.

Without even getting hit, NK has sunk SK ships and is constantly provoking skirmishes on the border by taking pot shots at SK troops.

They get hit..and they are going to go ballastic on South Korea.

Bank on it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back