The US Should Do A Full Out Strike of North Korea's Nuclear Sites

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
NK once again makes us look like fool. It goes back to George W. Bush. While the NK were going through yet another great famine that was killing so many of their citizens, Bush made a dead end the nuke programs and will will give you monetary and food aid. Little Kim said cool took the aid and kept up the nuke development.

Now they have nukes and Little Kim Jr is keeping on keeping on!

The carrot didn't work, now time for the stick.

TO BE CLEAR LEFTIST STRAWMEN, I AM NOT ADVOCATING AN INVASION!!!

What Obama should do is order the largest air and sea to land missile strike since WW II! Finally test the bunker busters in live combat. Hit every possibly nuclear lab, enrichment site, silo, missile site, etc. Hit everything hard and in multiple waves. Start with a sea to land missile strike on their anti-air defense, then fly in a ginoremous amount of bombers packed with the best bunker busters the world has ever seen!

Yes, there will be complaining, yes Russia and China will bitch. Yes there will be protests here and abroad. However, none of this will last and no one will do a thing. Much like when Russia invaded Georgia and blasted them to rubble. Many people talked tough, Russia was universially denounced, but nothing much from there and in WEEKS it was forgotten, no sanctions, no boycotts, no loss of business nothing!

Occupations stick around a while and leave a bad taste, quick in and outs bring immediate condemnation, but are forgotten quickly!

Benefits:
(1) Removes North Korea from the Nuclear Arms Club!
(2) Sends a strong message to Iran, that yes the US will take out your nuke program by force if need be.
(3) Weakens NK even more and might lead to the start of a reunification.
(4) Sends a message to any would-be dictator that developing nuclear arms won't be tolerated.
(5) Sends a message to the world (much like the Russian invasion of Georgia), that the US is still a force not to mess with.

I'm not really worried about what China or Russia would have to say, they can pound sand. I'm more concerned with what Japan and South Korea would have to say as they would bear the brunt of NK's last stand.

I'm not really worried about what China or Russia would have to say, they can pound sand. I'm more concerned with what Japan and South Korea would have to say as they would bear the brunt of NK's last stand.

NK ain't going to do dick to Japan and maybe they will attack SK, giving SK the opportunity to retaliate and finally reunify Korea under a democratic, capitalistic, industrialized state!

I can't say I want to see it happen (negotiations would be better if they were genuine), but, if a strike were to happen, I'd be much happier if it came from the Chinese.

I can't say I want to see it happen (negotiations would be better if they were genuine), but, if a strike were to happen, I'd be much happier if it came from the Chinese.

Why? The Chinese are never going to do it!

only in your dreams would that happen.

Nothing will be done about North Korea. obama will say that international condemnation is enough punishment and just to prove how peaceful we are we'll reduce our defenses. It isn't a coincidence that the night before obama is going to make another lying speech about how safe he's made the world this puff faced doughboy has made a fool of him.

Un doesn't really deserve praise for making obama look like a jester. It was too easy. The real fun will start when NK puts a nuke up obama's ass.

Hey, I just said I'd prefer, not that I thought they would.

It sure won't help the US image if it does this at all, but especially on its own.

It is also fairly sure US arms and technology would immediately show up the NK forces' inferiority. The casualties would be horrendous even if only conventional weapons were used, particularly as the numerous NK army would get mowed down.

If China did it, it could probably remain fairly surgical followed by rapid and fairly easy occupation.

29523957.jpg

=

you

No we cant strike them for a legitimate reason, then they will know exactly how to argue the wrongfulness of the strike, get the tree huggers to speak out against war ................. no.
We need to strike them for something they DIDNT DO, now they cant argue why, because they don't know what reason why, but you let them say, awWWWWwww ...... we got strike for having the nukies.
And then we say: um, no, we didn't strike you for that reason, you got striked for reasons that are classified, but since they want to admit the nukes, then we are OK with that.

NK once again makes us look like fool. It goes back to George W. Bush. While the NK were going through yet another great famine that was killing so many of their citizens, Bush made a dead end the nuke programs and will will give you monetary and food aid. Little Kim said cool took the aid and kept up the nuke development.

What Obama should do is order the largest air and sea to land missile strike since WW II! Finally test the bunker busters in live combat. Hit every possibly nuclear lab, enrichment site, silo, missile site, etc. Hit everything hard and in multiple waves. Start with a sea to land missile strike on their anti-air defense, then fly in a ginoremous amount of bombers packed with the best bunker busters the world has ever seen!

Yes, there will be complaining, yes Russia and China will bitch. Yes there will be protests here and abroad. However, none of this will last and no one will do a thing. Much like when Russia invaded Georgia and blasted them to rubble. Many people talked tough, Russia was universially denounced, but nothing much from there and in WEEKS it was forgotten, no sanctions, no boycotts, no loss of business nothing!

Occupations stick around a while and leave a bad taste, quick in and outs bring immediate condemnation, but are forgotten quickly!

Benefits:
(2) Sends a strong message to Iran, that yes the US will take out your nuke program by force if need be.
(4) Sends a message to any would-be dictator that developing nuclear arms won't be tolerated.
(5) Sends a message to the world (much like the Russian invasion of Georgia), that the US is still a force not to mess with.

Ok, great. You wanna volunteer to ride the first aircraft in?

No we cant strike them for a legitimate reason, then they will know exactly how to argue the wrongfulness of the strike, get the tree huggers to speak out against war ................. no.
We need to strike them for something they DIDNT DO, now they cant argue why, because they don't know what reason why, but you let them say, awWWWWwww ...... we got strike for having the nukies.
And then we say: um, no, we didn't strike you for that reason, you got striked for reasons that are classified, but since they want to admit the nukes, then we are OK with that.

We are striking them for having nukes! Unlike Iraq we can confirm they have them. A rogue regime like NK shouldn't be allowed to have nukes. I could careless about the tree-huggers and the dissent will die down quickly, much like it did when Russia invaded Georgia.

Screw the PC bullshit. Hit them hard, hit them quick and get out!

Benefits:

Ok, great. You wanna volunteer to ride the first aircraft in?

Nice weak red herring. I am not a pilot, nor am I qualified to fly a fighter jet. That doesn't mean I can't argue what is best from our nation from a military standpoint. I am also not a police officer, but I can argue they should be going into the worst parts of Chicago and fighting the gangs head on. I am not an officer, nor am I trained to fight crime, yet that does not prohibit me from suggesting that officers should fight the gangs in Chicago.

So take your self-righteousness and stick it!

Tough U.N. action vowed after North Korean nuclear test - CNN.com

North Korea's nuclear test prompted united condemnation and a vow of tough action from the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday.

South Korean Foreign Minister Kim Sung-hwan, repeating a statement to reporters outside council chambers, said the test violated council resolutions, and "there continues to exist a clear threat to international peace and security."

Kim said council members will start work "on appropriate measures in a Security Council resolution" and that "North Korea will be held responsible for any consequences of this provocative act." The council is chaired this month by South Korea.

A happy coincidence!

Let's let ROK take the lead on this since they are the ones most threatened by a nuclear DPRK.

The Security Council last month promised "significant action" if another North Korean nuclear test occurred.

For the past year, Nuland said, world leaders, including those in China, have signaled to North Korea that if they want to end their isolation and meet their people's needs, they can go down another road. But she said North Korea has spurned an "open door" and chose "one provocative action after another."

"The question now, for all of us, is how we can get their attention," she said, adding that "it is fair to say that we are looking at the full suite of options to try to get the DPRK to try to change course."

The United States will try to determine if North Korea has tested a uranium weapon for the first time, a senior White House official said. The first two were plutonium bombs.
Despite the North's claims of progress Tuesday, analysts say they believe it is still years away from having the technology to deliver a nuclear warhead on a missile.

South Korea:
South Korea said the test presented "an unforgivable threat to the Korean peninsula's peace and safety."

"North Korea should be responsible for all the serious consequences brought by such an action," said Chun Young-woo, national security adviser to South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, who is near the end of his term in office.

Obama and Lee spoke Tuesday "to consult and coordinate on the response" to the test, the White House said.

Japan:
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called the testing a "grave threat to the safety of Japan and a serious challenge against international disarmament framework based on the non-nuclear proliferation treaty."

China:
Recent opinion articles published in the state-run Chinese newspaper Global Times suggested Beijing's patience with North Korea may be wearing thin and raised the prospect of reducing support to Pyongyang.

But with fears in Beijing of what a possible collapse of the North Korean regime could bring, strong measures appear unlikely for the time being.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back