The US is falling behind China in technology

We're just not buying into it pal!
Domestic violence on Muslims in America is taking place purely for the reason that America has fought Muslims in other Muslim countries. We would have to pretend that the hate rhetoric didn't exist, when it obviously does.
You are a shill, this thread has clearly exposed you. You pretend to want to engage in a conversation and then resort to your usual snooty language and run away. Take your America hating garbage to another board.

The population is much too old to keep it up much longer. They’re headed for a demographic cliff of their own making, i.e. the one child policy.
That policy was lifted. 6 years ago it was 2 children. That has been lifted to no limit in 2021.

Way too late. The damage has already been done.
Whether they are damaged or not their technology has been advancing at a pace that should concern the sleeping Americans.

Whether they are damaged or not their technology has been advancing at a pace that should concern the sleeping Americans.
Just playing devil's advocate here.... why? What's the risk? What's the danger? Didn't China have those exact same risks when they were lagging behind? It doesn't seem to have harmed them, right?

In fact, isn't that natural? Hasn't the rise and fall of superpowers happened all throughout history? Paul Kennedy wrote a book about this; The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers. Based upon landmass and population, it should be expected that China will surpass the US.

What do you think :rolleyes:
Maybe the problem is that we already have and don't realize it yet. Because I would say we need to move away from a managed market to a free market. When did the economy become the governments problem? Because that's probably when we stopped letting Darwin work.

So what do YOU think :rolleyes:

Just playing devil's advocate here.... why? What's the risk? What's the danger? Didn't China have those exact same risks when they were lagging behind? It doesn't seem to have harmed them, right?

In fact, isn't that natural? Hasn't the rise and fall of superpowers happened all throughout history? Paul Kennedy wrote a book about this; The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers. Based upon landmass and population, it should be expected that China will surpass the US.
Some people want to Make America Great Again. I'm aware of the history going back millennia. The US is culturally divided and the people will believe what ever media they watch and argue about US exceptionalism or lack of. Some will be concerned and some won't. Any risk to the US mainland will be fought tooth and nail.

Maybe the problem is that we already have and don't realize it yet. Because I would say we need to move away from a managed market to a free market. When did the economy become the governments problem? Because that's probably when we stopped letting Darwin work.
Sure, maybe we lost it. I think our market is already too free.

Some people want to Make America Great Again. I'm aware of the history going back millennia. The US is culturally divided and the people will believe what ever media they watch and argue about US exceptionalism or lack of. Some will be concerned and some won't. Any risk to the US mainland will be fought tooth and nail.
Ok, but what's the risk of falling behind? So what if we fall behind?

Ok, but what's the risk of falling behind? So what if we fall behind?
No problem as long as we can get TV channels we want. Cell phones to stare at and jobs to pay for it.

No problem as long as we can get TV channels we want. Cell phones to stare at and jobs to pay for it.
Again... so what? What if we couldn't?

You shouldn't be surprised that the last bubble to burst in the US will be the standard of living bubble. I think we are already on that brink. Societies rise and societies fall. That's natural.

Again... so what? What if we couldn't?

You shouldn't be surprised that the last bubble to burst in the US will be the standard of living bubble. I think we are already on that brink. Societies rise and societies fall. That's natural.
Then we become a third world country and continually curse the government. The difference between us and other countries is that we are very well armed. If we fall there might be violent chaos.

Minimum Advertised Price. It's where manufacturers of a product can set the minimum advertised price of their product. That used to be called price collusion and was illegal. It was considered to be a violation of anti-trust laws. But our government rewrote the laws to allow price fixing. It's why you find everyone on the internet is selling the product you are looking for at the same price.

The US government does not want low prices. It's not in their best interest. They want higher prices. Higher prices mean more government revenue.

Minimum Advertised Price. It's where manufacturers of a product can set the minimum advertised price of their product. That used to be called price collusion and was illegal. It was considered to be a violation of anti-trust laws. But our government rewrote the laws to allow price fixing. It's why you find everyone on the internet is selling the product you are looking for at the same price.

The US government does not want low prices. It's not in their best interest. They want higher prices. Higher prices mean more government revenue.
I heard of Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. I'm not surprised about collusion.

Forum List

Back