The Untold Story of Eisenhower's Death Camps

What is this shit? This screed is written to inflame passions and horror but does link to a damn bit of evidence or even list the author. Rubber room material if I ever saw it. Our treament of POWs was never as awful as what the Nazis did to our soldiers, not even close.

The Germans treated our pows very well............the Japanese on the other hand..........committed horrendous atrocities on our pows and in a routine way....very little of what happend is known to most Americans who have been drowned by the media focus on nazism.

Stephen Ambrose: A Review of 'Other Losses'

The war was vicious and brutal on all sides.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/c/a/caw43/behrendwriting/Weingartner, James J..pdf

Should we be 'proud' that FDR's concentration camps didn't include ovens and gas chambers? Is that our standard?

There are ovens all over the US for cremation, its nothing unusual, why do people bring ovens into it as if they were terrible :eek:

All part of the myth making :eusa_shhh:

The Germans treated our pows very well............the Japanese on the other hand..........committed horrendous atrocities on our pows and in a routine way....very little of what happend is known to most Americans who have been drowned by the media focus on nazism.

Stephen Ambrose: A Review of 'Other Losses'

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/c/a/caw43/behrendwriting/Weingartner, James J..pdf

Should we be 'proud' that FDR's concentration camps didn't include ovens and gas chambers? Is that our standard?

There are ovens all over the US for cremation, its nothing unusual, why do people bring ovens into it as if they were terrible :eek:

I can only hope you're not being serious.

What is this shit? This screed is written to inflame passions and horror but does link to a damn bit of evidence or even list the author. Rubber room material if I ever saw it. Our treament of POWs was never as awful as what the Nazis did to our soldiers, not even close.

You hit the nail on the head! Not one FACT or Link to verification.

In the years I spent in Germany and Austria I never met a single ex-POW who had anything but good things about the treatment they received by the Western forces after the war.

Of course, what was described in the slime piece appears to be exactly what I've heard from those Germans and Austrians who were put into Soviet Gulags. I lived in a district in Vienna that was in the Soviet zone and I heard nothing but horror stories like in the article about life under the Soviets.

Another anti-American piece of garbage. :mad:

Ridiculous claim.....you are engaging in selective viewing.......contrary to what you say.......many, many sources have been listed....you are in denial...not suprising--I get no enjoyment out of presenting these truths.....yet the truth must be told.

Here are some more sources: HOW ALLIES TREATED GERMAN POWs by Michael Walsh

Those of you who are in denial....who have gulped down the pc version of America's treatment of German POW's....need look no further than what happened right here in America....how Americans treated their own they had imprisioned during the War Between The States....aka their brother and their cousins and so forth.

The question that presents itself is obviously....if we are capable of doing this to our own.....were we not capable of doing it to foreigners who had waged war on us? A little logic and common sense will go a long ways here.

Actually we need not go all the way back to the War Between The States.....look at how we treat people caught up in our criminal justice system today......criminals sure(though many are innocent) but they are human beings....can we justify human beings suffering the treatment meted out to them by state run prisons? Civil War Prison Camps | Civil War Saga

Those funny little leftists!

Concerned that Eisenhower (R) might not have been kind and gentle to one enemy.....

While applauding Truman (D) roasted hundreds of thousands of Japanese alive!

What is this shit? This screed is written to inflame passions and horror but does link to a damn bit of evidence or even list the author. Rubber room material if I ever saw it. Our treatment of POWs was never as awful as what the Nazis did to our soldiers, not even close.

In the years I spent in Germany and Austria I never met a single ex-POW who had anything but good things about the treatment they received by the Western forces after the war.

Of course, what was described in the slime piece appears to be exactly what I've heard from those Germans and Austrians who were put into Soviet Gulags. I lived in a district in Vienna that was in the Soviet zone and I heard nothing but horror stories like in the article about life under the Soviets.

Ridiculous claim.....you are engaging in selective viewing.......contrary to what you say.......many, many sources have been listed....you are in denial...not suprising--I get no enjoyment out of presenting these truths.....yet the truth must be told.

You are the one that is choosing to believe the lies.
Actual source of how German Prisoners were treated by America. From the mouths of actual American WWII Soldiers. Including my Dad who was under General Patton. My own Mother who helped work on the railroads who actually talked to them. She was amazed at how well they spoke American.
The Camps in Europe were temporary housing for German Prisoners of war and were transported to American soil, held in war camps all across the land. Why? To keep them safer.
They were treated very well and many had decided to stay and become Americans because of their treatment.

You are the one that is choosing to believe the lies.
Actual source of how German Prisoners were treated by America. From the mouths of actual American WWII Soldiers. Including my Dad who was under General Patton. My own Mother who helped work on the railroads who actually talked to them. She was amazed at how well they spoke American.
The Camps in Europe were temporary housing for German Prisoners of war and were transported to American soil, held in war camps all across the land. Why? To keep them safer.
They were treated very well and many had decided to stay and become Americans because of their treatment.

You are more than a 'tad' coinfused. I am reporting on how the German POW's were treated after the war was over.......those confined in Germany at the close of the war and for a long time after the war had ended.

Those captured during the War and sent to America were treated very well by all accounts.

I can only hope you're not being serious.

Absolutely, is cremation against your religion, which god is yours? :eusa_whistle:

Many will find this disturbing...many will not believe it............irregardless>>>>>>Eisenhower's Holocaust - His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans

Sawbriars has taken a lot of abuse, and I would dispute his numbers, but in essence, he is correct. America, the UK and the Soviet Union and France instituted a policy in 1945-7 that included forced starvation through blockade and other measures that resulted in elevated death rates in Germany compared to other devastated nations of Europe.

It was a policy of the United States government approved by Truman and implemented by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, so Eisenhower was definitely second tier and it is wrong to blame him personally or attribute the results to his personal animus. The one American military leader who opposed the policy and ignored it for as long as he could was Patton.

One of the major components of the policy was that initially all American food aid to Germany was restricted to rescued POWs, concentration camp survivors, and displaced non-German persons. Military personnel and eventually their spouses were forbidden to give food to German civilians, including those employed as maids or servants. Excess food was to be destroyed instead.

Nations that had previously traded with Germany were forbidden to exchange food for products of German industry they desperately needed. Denmark, for example, was not allowed to trade lard to get industrial goods.

The German Red Cross was disbanded. Other German relief organizations were allowed to exist, but they could not accept food or materials from outside Germany. The International Red Cross was not allowed access to the camps housing former members of the German military nor to provide any supplies to them. Even the Vatican was refused by the US State Department when it tried to bring in food for German infants.

An inquiry by the British government revealed that death rates, including infant mortality, were multiples of what they had been before the war or what they were in adjacent countries. The official ration for American soldiers was 4000 calories per day, and the average ration diet in America was only a bit below that. The commonly accepted minimum diet at the time was believed to be 2400 calories or so. The rations allowed German civilians was often below 1500 calories and often as low as 600 calories per day.

This obviously was not a great example of Americans living up to their values. It is a dark spot on the honor of America, a policy of revenge all Americans should be aware of lest it happen again.

For a good summary with full citations see:

History of Germany (1945?90) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we can all understand why this episode has been expunged from American history texts and why so few Americans are aware of it. But that does not mean that it did not happen.

And it does not make Sawbriars a Nazi apologist for bringing it to light, albeit with a bit of deflection and an excess of enthusiasm.

Many will find this disturbing...many will not believe it............irregardless>>>>>>Eisenhower's Holocaust - His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans

Sawbriars has taken a lot of abuse, and I would dispute his numbers, but in essence, he is correct. America, the UK and the Soviet Union and France instituted a policy in 1945-7 that included forced starvation through blockade and other measures that resulted in elevated death rates in Germany compared to other devastated nations of Europe.

It was a policy of the United States government approved by Truman and implemented by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, so Eisenhower was definitely second tier and it is wrong to blame him personally or attribute the results to his personal animus. The one American military leader who opposed the policy and ignored it for as long as he could was Patton.

One of the major components of the policy was that initially all American food aid to Germany was restricted to rescued POWs, concentration camp survivors, and displaced non-German persons. Military personnel and eventually their spouses were forbidden to give food to German civilians, including those employed as maids or servants. Excess food was to be destroyed instead.

Nations that had previously traded with Germany were forbidden to exchange food for products of German industry they desperately needed. Denmark, for example, was not allowed to trade lard to get industrial goods.

The German Red Cross was disbanded. Other German relief organizations were allowed to exist, but they could not accept food or materials from outside Germany. The International Red Cross was not allowed access to the camps housing former members of the German military nor to provide any supplies to them. Even the Vatican was refused by the US State Department when it tried to bring in food for German infants.

An inquiry by the British government revealed that death rates, including infant mortality, were multiples of what they had been before the war or what they were in adjacent countries. The official ration for American soldiers was 4000 calories per day, and the average ration diet in America was only a bit below that. The commonly accepted minimum diet at the time was believed to be 2400 calories or so. The rations allowed German civilians was often below 1500 calories and often as low as 600 calories per day.

This obviously was not a great example of Americans living up to their values. It is a dark spot on the honor of America, a policy of revenge all Americans should be aware of lest it happen again.

For a good summary with full citations see:

History of Germany (1945?90) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we can all understand why this episode has been expunged from American history texts and why so few Americans are aware of it. But that does not mean that it did not happen.

And it does not make Sawbriars a Nazi apologist for bringing it to light, albeit with a bit of deflection and an excess of enthusiasm.

Good to see someone on here that knows the truth....excellent presentation.

"Irregardless..." Seriously? Kinda hard to take anyone seriously making that mistake of grammar ya know?

And when your evidence is this,

"Eisenhower's Holocaust - His
Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans
Author Unknown
6-22-8"

I can't say I'm inclined to take it seriously.

Googling the article's title, the only other place it seems to come up, and where it may have orignated is a conspiracy site,
Contents

Well I'm convinced.

Last edited:

"Irregardless..." Seriously? Kinda hard to take anyone seriously making that mistake of grammar ya know?

Author Unknown
6-22-8"

Googling the article's title, the only other place it seems to come up, and where it may have orignated is a conspiracy site,
Contents

Well I'm convinced.

I have problems with Sawbriar's sourcing and numbers, but the OP is essentially correct. If you are not aware of this episode in American history, this is a good opportunity to correct that deficiency. You could start with my post upthread.

Author Unknown
6-22-8"

Contents

Well I'm convinced.

I have problems with Sawbriar's sourcing and numbers, but the OP is essentially correct. If you are not aware of this episode in American history, this is a good opportunity to correct that deficiency. You could start with my post upthread.

The problem here is that most have been so well indoctrinated into the pc version of WWII and it's aftermath they cannot intellectually deal with the real truth regarding the sufferings of the German POW's at the end of and after the war was over.

In addition it is easily observed on any message board the demonization of Hitler.....but the crimes of Stalin and Mao tse tung though much worse and on a much larger scale than the crimes of Hitler are ignored and probably even unknown to the majority of posters who unfortunately are not well versed in history.

Whilst, I am no fan of Hitler....it is ridiculous to focus entirely on him and ignore the other totolatarian regimes and their crimes....to the extent that one member of the obama administration publicly presented her adulation of Mao.

Here is another politically incorrect topic and mostly unknown tragedy.

The Destruction of Ethnic Germans and German Prisoners of War in Yugoslavia

[.....but the crimes of Stalin and Mao tse tung ... are ignored and probably even unknown to the majority of posters who unfortunately are not well versed in history.

Lay off the meth, idiot. The atrocities for which stalin and mao are responsible are very, very well known. Just because you never heard of them before last week doesn't mean everyone is as ignorant as you.

Pardon this brief derail.

[Derail]

In keeping with the new system of key words triggering ads related in some way to those words I give you my version of the same concept:

I know. Not funny. Seriously.

[/Derail]

Last edited:
[.....but the crimes of Stalin and Mao tse tung ... are ignored and probably even unknown to the majority of posters who unfortunately are not well versed in history.

Lay off the meth, idiot. The atrocities for which stalin and mao are responsible are very, very well known. Just because you never heard of them before last week doesn't mean everyone is as ignorant as you.

Apparantly some in Obama's administration are>>>>>>>Second Obama Administration Official Praises Chairman Mao - Video Dailymotion

Apparantly some in Obama's administration are>>>>>>>Second Obama Administration Official Praises Chairman Mao - Video Dailymotion

Those scumbags knew all about what happened under Mao. They just didn't care. The ultimate aims of Communism are more important to t hem than any millions of individuals. The same sort of thinking that allowed it all to happen in Communist China in the first place. People of that ilk think that what happened under Mao was the right idea. It just didn't work out the first time. They are convinced that if they keep trying, that Communist utopia will fall into place sooner or later.

Forum List

Back