The U.N.'s role in the Ukraine crisis

It's not hard to find out that membership in the U.N. costs the U.S. about ten billion dollars per year. What do we get for it? Russia is a member of the security council. Is the U.N. planning sanctions or are members just enjoying the shopping in NYC?
The UN has been mostly useless at least since the early to mid 60s. Before that, I am still too young to remember.

It's not hard to find out that membership in the U.N. costs the U.S. about ten billion dollars per year. What do we get for it? Russia is a member of the security council. Is the U.N. planning sanctions or are members just enjoying the shopping in NYC?
Since Russia has veto power there will be no sanctions through the U.N. It's useless.

The UN has been mostly useless at least since the early to mid 60s. Before that, I am still too young to remember.
After the invasion of Iraq they gave GW a mandate for the Occupation of Iraq, until they took it away from Him (On a side note that meant of course that the next Democrat President would have to withdraw the troops, not the guy who made the agreement to withdraw.

Funny how history repeats itself. )

After the invasion of Iraq they gave GW a mandate for the Occupation of Iraq, until they took it away from Him (On a side note that meant of course that the next Democrat President would have to withdraw the troops, not the guy who made the agreement to withdraw.

Funny how history repeats itself. )
Why would anyone pull out of the ability to pilfer money into a foreign bank account?

I agree.
From its inception by Woodrow Wilson in 1920 as the 'League of Nations' to the present day this 'august group nations' does little in maintaining peace. curbing human trafficking, controlling the spread of pandemics, curing famine, or dealing with tyrants or belligerent nations.
A prime example is China holding a seat on the Human Rights council.
See:

Last edited:
The UN is a paper tiger. Nasser kicked them out in 67'. The Hutus murdered UN peacekeepers- nothing from the UN . The Serbs took UN personnel as hostages. etc

The UN is the biggest piece of worthless shit imaginable.

Has the UN ever done anything successfully? I mean, other than fleece the United States of America?

UN-necessary

We should quit funding the U.N. As it is basically owned by China now, let them move to Beijing.

:laughing0301:
How so?

What does that let us do?

NOTHING.

Ask Saddam.

Let see. We aided Saddam against Iran with all kind of nasty technology and special purchasing privileges. Saddam then creates chemical weapons (with the help of our EU allies) and even a clandestine Nuclear Weapons Program. So we snooker him into invading his neighbor and scream "Next Hitler" getting the UNSC to authorize an ass whoopin. But not a full invasion and occupation. That came without the UNSC (they couldn't object because...veto power).

The point is, what eventually happened to the King?

Forum List

Back