Zone1 The Truth About the Modern Republican Party and Blacks

There is a difference between a black conservative and right-wing black sellouts. A black conservative would not deny the racism faced by blacks. A true black conservative should oppose racism because the lack of opportunity created by policies stemming from racism are examples of government overreach into the private lives of its citizens.

The G.O.P. prizes Black Republicans — as long as they don’t alienate white members​

As the entire nation grapples with issues relating to race and racial inequality, all kinds of organizations—from churches to businesses to neighborhood associations—are trying to demonstrate their commitment to racial diversity in a way that does not alienate white stakeholders. The Republican Party is no exception, and, in fact, it has long struggled to project an openness to diversity. But presenting a diverse coalition of support has particular resonance in the wake of the Trump administration.

The public representation of Black Republicans has certainly shifted under Mr. Trump’s leadership of the party. The social media personalities Diamond and Silk replaced Michael Steele, the Catholic former chair of the Republican National Committee. Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke was more relevant than General Colin Powell. Candace Owens supplanted Condoleezza Rice. Internet celebrities have taken the place of the legislators, military leaders and judges who used to stand as the “face” of Black Republicans.

This shift reflects many of the themes I found in my research for a book about the experience of being Black in the Republican Party. Through interviews with Black Republican activists, it became clear to me that most people understand these activists based on their relationships to other Black people.

Black Republicans also told me that their opportunities for advancement in the G.O.P. depended on sticking to the party’s dominant rhetoric on race. When the Republican Party embraces white grievance, articulates anti-Black policies and raises anti-Black voices, Black Republicans are less able to talk about Republican policies in ways that will uplift Black people. The Black Republicans who articulate ideas consistent with white grievance, or who work to undermine claims of racism, are given broad platforms within the party, even when those ideas are not particularly resonant with Black audiences. This race-blind messaging is not necessarily representative of what all Black Republicans think, but it is what the primarily white leadership of Republican organizations wants to hear.

Truly one of the dumbest posts in my time here.... Who made you the checker of credentials for who qualifies as a human being and who doesn't. and did you ever ask yourself, Does it have any meaning at all to say "oppurtunities for advancement" and then diss the place. So in what sense are you advancing. "HI, I am the top man in the asssholes club!!"

It is not 'prmarily' anything, as if the anthropomorphized Party has a mouth.

The party was the party that ended slavery and pushed the Reconstruction Amendments. All your claims are sloppy and withour a real-world referent. What the Hell is "Ideas consistent with white grievance" or "Undermine claims of racism" ...you couldn't fool a child with such cocktail chatter. But I know your type, this is all a prelude to calling some Black an Uncle Tom because he doesn't agree with YOU

I don't think you are intelligent enough to be a fraud. It's the fluffy high-school prose, it only dazzles you

In 1911, Booker T. Washington wrote:
There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Yes you have.
MALCOLM X THE FRAUD THAT BOOKER T WASHINGTON WARNED AGAINST

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

SAME WITH REV JESSE
Jackson’s adulterous relationship and illegitimate child
And does he ever mention 'JESUS' ????

as the true REV THABITI points out

"Jackson’s comments are deplorable. There is no compelling way of explaining why anyone associated with the risen Lord Jesus should say such things, much less why His ministers should profane His name that way. Jackson’s words deomonstrate a lack of integrity–campaigning for the abolishment of the N-word’s use while freely using it “off air.” "

MALCOLM X THE FRAUD THAT BOOKER T WASHINGTON WARNED AGAINST

SAME WITH REV JESSE
Jackson’s adulterous relationship and illegitimate child
And does he ever mention 'JESUS' ????

as the true REV THABITI points out

"Jackson’s comments are deplorable. There is no compelling way of explaining why anyone associated with the risen Lord Jesus should say such things, much less why His ministers should profane His name that way. Jackson’s words deomonstrate a lack of integrity–campaigning for the abolishment of the N-word’s use while freely using it “off air.” "
Yeah and W.E.B Dubois told Washington to take that bs somewhere else. And nobody cares about 1 sentence taken out of context and overused by a certain part of the white community by Jackson. Don't try talking Malcolm X to me because he didn't likke either party. So just stop being white thinking you can tell me about black history or the politics of the black community.

Last, don't talk about morals to me. What kind of morals does it rtake to continually practice racism then lie about how it's all in the past?

Why? I think the smart Jews vote Republican also.
I don't judge the intelligence of people based on how they vote, but if you do, that's your prerogative to do so.

People generally vote based on their self interests, not because it is a determinant of their intelligence.

My parents voted both Republican and Democrat during their lifetimes.

That being said, I've encountered idiots on both sides of the political landscape, and their idiocy had nothing to do with how they vote.

My father earned a doctorate in Human Behavior, and had a long career as a superintendent of schools, and my mother who is still living at 91 earned a masters in economics.

Both were/are highly respected for their intelligence by many.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: IM2
I don't judge the intelligence of people based on how they vote, but if you do, that's your prerogative to do so.

People generally vote based on their self interests, not because it is a determinant of their intelligence.

My parents voted both Republican and Democrat during their lifetimes.

That being said, I've encountered idiots on both sides of the political landscape, and their idiocy had nothing to do with how they vote.

My father earned a doctorate in Human Behavior, and had a long career as a superintendent of schools, and my mother who is still living at 91 earned a masters in economics.

Both were/are highly respected for their intelligence by many.
Well, perhaps “stupid” was too strong a word. A more accurate word IMO would be “foolish” or “uninformed.”

That said, I do agree that most people vote based on their own self-interests, which is why I think blacks and Jews who (continue to) vote for the Democrat are either fools or uninformed, given that both groups were doing much better under Trump.

I was a Democrat at one point, as were almost all Republican Jews, but over the last decade or two, every member of my thoroughly Democrat family has voted for the Republican in presidential elections, as we felt that Republican policies were not only to our benefit, but for the country at large . (We too are a “smart” family and all well educated.)

So, I do think that blacks and Jews are voting wrong if they stick with the Left, and of course it is my prerogative to think so. From what polls indicate, blacks are pulling more toward the Republican and it is my hope that more Jews will as well. It would be better for blacks, better for Jews, and better for the nation. In my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Well, perhaps “stupid” was too strong a word. A more accurate word IMO would be “foolish” or “uninformed.”

That said, I do agree that most people vote based on their own self-interests, which is why I think blacks and Jews who (continue to) vote for the Democrat are either fools or uninformed, given that both groups were doing much better under Trump.

I was a Democrat at one point, as were almost all Republican Jews, but over the last decade or two, every member of my thoroughly Democrat family has voted for the Republican in presidential elections, as we felt that Republican policies were not only to our benefit, but for the country at large . (We too are a “smart” family and all well educated.)

So, I do think that blacks and Jews are voting wrong if they stick with the Left, and of course it is my prerogative to think so. From what polls indicate, blacks are pulling more toward the Republican and it is my hope that more Jews will as. It would be better for blacks, better for Jews, and better for the nation. In my opinion, of course.
I respect everyone's right to their opinion.

I respect everyone's right to their opinion.
Thank you. You might have seen that I took issue with an excellent thread I started on the antisemitic bus drivers leaving 300 Jews stranded on the Dulles tarmac being sent to the Rubber Room because the anonymous mod said I gave an unfounded statement. But what I said was merely my opinion, as everyone does here.

I was told to take it up with the mod, but of course he or she did not identify herself so that was not possible.

Anyway, I believe this is my first interaction with you, and I appreciate the respectful way in which you engaged with me.

So, I do think that blacks and Jews are voting wrong if they stick with the Left, and of course it is my prerogative to think so. From what polls indicate, blacks are pulling more toward the Republican and it is my hope that more Jews will as well. It would be better for blacks, better for Jews, and better for the nation. In my opinion, of course.
There is a reason most blacks and Jews don't vote republican and voting republican is neither in our best interest or the countrys. Blacks are doing better under Biden than trump, and trump took credit for what Obama created. So trump had nothing to do with any improvement blacks had.

Last edited:
Thank you. You might have seen that I took issue with an excellent thread I started on the antisemitic bus drivers leaving 300 Jews stranded on the Dulles tarmac being sent to the Rubber Room because the anonymous mod said I gave an unfounded statement. But what I said was merely my opinion, as everyone does here.

I was told to take it up with the mod, but of course he or she did not identify herself so that was not possible.

Anyway, I believe this is my first interaction with you, and I appreciate the respectful way in which you engaged with me.
As far as the process for engaging in disputing a moderator decision, have you sent a PM to the moderator team?

Typically, questions are more quickly and efficiently addressed that way, and do not become a public discussion that is convoluted by outside feedback.

As far as the process for engaging in disputing a moderator decision, have you sent a PM to the moderator team?

Typically, questions are more quickly and efficiently addressed that way, and do not become a public discussion that is convoluted by outside feedback.
Thank you. By moderator team, do you mean just pick one and send a DM? I would send a DM to the mod who took the action, but I don’t know who that was.

To others: I know this is off-topic, but it will be helpful to me and perhaps some of you.

Thank you. By moderator team, do you mean just pick one and send a DM? I would send a DM to the mod who took the action, but I don’t know who that was.

To others: I know this is off-topic, but it will be helpful to me and perhaps some of you.

Send a regular report from where your thread currently resides, and it will be seen by all moderators, and enable a discussion to be started.

There is a difference between a black conservative and right-wing black sellouts. A black conservative would not deny the racism faced by blacks. A true black conservative should oppose racism because the lack of opportunity created by policies stemming from racism are examples of government overreach into the private lives of its citizens.

The G.O.P. prizes Black Republicans — as long as they don’t alienate white members​

As the entire nation grapples with issues relating to race and racial inequality, all kinds of organizations—from churches to businesses to neighborhood associations—are trying to demonstrate their commitment to racial diversity in a way that does not alienate white stakeholders. The Republican Party is no exception, and, in fact, it has long struggled to project an openness to diversity. But presenting a diverse coalition of support has particular resonance in the wake of the Trump administration.

The public representation of Black Republicans has certainly shifted under Mr. Trump’s leadership of the party. The social media personalities Diamond and Silk replaced Michael Steele, the Catholic former chair of the Republican National Committee. Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke was more relevant than General Colin Powell. Candace Owens supplanted Condoleezza Rice. Internet celebrities have taken the place of the legislators, military leaders and judges who used to stand as the “face” of Black Republicans.

This shift reflects many of the themes I found in my research for a book about the experience of being Black in the Republican Party. Through interviews with Black Republican activists, it became clear to me that most people understand these activists based on their relationships to other Black people.

Black Republicans also told me that their opportunities for advancement in the G.O.P. depended on sticking to the party’s dominant rhetoric on race. When the Republican Party embraces white grievance, articulates anti-Black policies and raises anti-Black voices, Black Republicans are less able to talk about Republican policies in ways that will uplift Black people. The Black Republicans who articulate ideas consistent with white grievance, or who work to undermine claims of racism, are given broad platforms within the party, even when those ideas are not particularly resonant with Black audiences. This race-blind messaging is not necessarily representative of what all Black Republicans think, but it is what the primarily white leadership of Republican organizations wants to hear.

Black cons and libs agree racism exists in America. Cons just don't think it's as big of a problem as libs do. They don't believe it's holding them back. They don't believe it's an excuse.

Forum List

Back