Zone1 The Truth About the Modern Republican Party and Blacks

And I am delighted to help raise their standard of living on those lands.
Diné still don't have clean water tho, do they. Among the hundreds of treaties signed and broken by the government was the promise of providing basic needs for Natives. Water is life.

• Informative
Reactions: IM2
Comments like this prove 2 things. You don't know Native culture and you don't know American history.
I know quite a bit about history. And if maintaining your culture means staying on the reservation and depending on the white man’s charity, you’re welcome to it but don’t complain to me when nothing is forcing you to stay but your own desires. Remember, I’m a descendant of a Comanche that left the reservation and married an Irish cavalryman post ACW. Things were really bad back then.

A lot of us live on reservations because it is not the property of America. It is our land, not yours. It's all we have left. You took everything else. I am one of those that does not live on a Rez. I honestly wish I did live on a Rez away from people like you.
Then move, we won’t miss you.

I know quite a bit about history. And if maintaining your culture means staying on the reservation and depending on the white man’s charity, you’re welcome to it but don’t complain to me when nothing is forcing you to stay but your own desires. Remember, I’m a descendant of a Comanche that left the reservation and married an Irish cavalryman post ACW. Things were really bad back then.
Here’s the thing a lot of people don’t think about. They say Indians did this or that. They generalise about us. There are hundreds of tribes and not all were the same. The Comanche were badass. Not a people to even dream about messing with. Other tribes like mine were not. As for me, I wasn’t raised on a Rez. I was more like Baby Chanel. I learned to adapt.

Here’s the thing a lot of people don’t think about. They say Indians did this or that. They generalise about us. There are hundreds of tribes and not all were the same. The Comanche were badass. Not a people to even dream about messing with. Other tribes like mine were not. As for me, I wasn’t raised on a Rez. I was more like Baby Chanel. I learned to adapt.
Right wing whites generalize about other races but cry like infants if they even think people generalize whites.

The white man owes everything his ass has to the charity of the many nation thaat allowed him to step foot on these shores. And don't you EVER forget that.

That is an INCREDIBLY ignorant statement.
Ignorant statement from an ignorant woman. She's apparently thinks its smart to vote for people in a party that doesn't allow her the right to choose.

The white man owes everything his ass has to the charity of the many nation thaat allowed him to step foot on these shores. And don't you EVER forget that.
African slave traders were neck deep in the international slave trade long before English colonialism every reached Africa. That is “African” as in slave-traders indigenous to Africa. The international slave trade has its origins in Africa. The word “slave” comes from the words “Slavic” because so many Slavic people were dragged off to Africa as slaves by the Moors.

The black man owes everything he has to the white folks they oppressed (and still oppress) with their OG racist slave trading culture that predate English colonialism. POC started this whole dumpster-fire and now cry like bitches at their Frankenstein baby.

African slave traders were neck deep in the international slave trade long before English colonialism every reached Africa. That is “African” as in slave-traders indigenous to Africa. The international slave trade has its origins in Africa. The word “slave” comes from the words “Slavic” because so many Slavic people were dragged off to Africa as slaves by the Moors.

The black man owes everything he has to the white folks they oppressed (and still oppress) with their OG racist slave trading culture that predate English colonialism. POC started this whole dumpster-fire and now cry like bitches at their Frankenstein baby.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this. So instead of the truth, we are told that “our nearer to God than thee” founders, in all their benevolent glory, looked towards a future whereby slavery would be no more. According to some, the so-called founders had a dream whereby little black boys and little black girls would no longer be enslaved because of the color of their skin. This is the story we are supposed to believe. However, reality does not show that.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

Stop talking about what Africans did in Africa. Africans didn't make slavery legal here. And here is where we are talking about.

The Truth About the Modern Republican Party and Blacks​

This is the thread title.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this. So instead of the truth, we are told that “our nearer to God than thee” founders, in all their benevolent glory, looked towards a future whereby slavery would be no more. According to some, the so-called founders had a dream whereby little black boys and little black girls would no longer be enslaved because of the color of their skin. This is the story we are supposed to believe. However, reality does not show that.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

Stop talking about what Africans did in Africa. Africans didn't make slavery legal here. And here is where we are talking about.

Africans invented the international slave trade. Black people had every opportunity to end slavery and to not export their horrific invention to the rest of the world.

America, officially practiced slavery for about 100 years. Black people practiced slavery and the international slave trade for over a 1,000 years.

For slavery to flourish, there has to be a cheap supply of slaves. Forbidding imports made slaves more expensive and forced slave owners to tie up a much higher proportion of their wealth in assets that did little to help them accumulate wealth. Slave owners would have been economically better off freeing their slaves and hiring them back as employees. The ex-slaves would have than had to provide their own housing, food and medical care AT NO COST to the employers.

The founding fathers did the best they could. The slave owners were adamant that their "peculiar institution" continue. The rest the founders had a choice, a country with slaves who could be freed at some later date, or no country at all. But the idea of compromise never occurs to you, with you, it's always "my way or the highway".

Africans invented the international slave trade. Black people had every opportunity to end slavery and to not export their horrific invention to the rest of the world.

America, officially practiced slavery for about 100 years. Black people practiced slavery and the international slave trade for over a 1,000 years.
Incorrect. And Africans did not force whites to buy war captives nor did they implement Jim Crow in America.

There is a difference between a black conservative and right-wing black sellouts. A black conservative would not deny the racism faced by blacks. A true black conservative should oppose racism because the lack of opportunity created by policies stemming from racism are examples of government overreach into the private lives of its citizens.

The G.O.P. prizes Black Republicans — as long as they don’t alienate white members​

As the entire nation grapples with issues relating to race and racial inequality, all kinds of organizations—from churches to businesses to neighborhood associations—are trying to demonstrate their commitment to racial diversity in a way that does not alienate white stakeholders. The Republican Party is no exception, and, in fact, it has long struggled to project an openness to diversity. But presenting a diverse coalition of support has particular resonance in the wake of the Trump administration.

The public representation of Black Republicans has certainly shifted under Mr. Trump’s leadership of the party. The social media personalities Diamond and Silk replaced Michael Steele, the Catholic former chair of the Republican National Committee. Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke was more relevant than General Colin Powell. Candace Owens supplanted Condoleezza Rice. Internet celebrities have taken the place of the legislators, military leaders and judges who used to stand as the “face” of Black Republicans.

This shift reflects many of the themes I found in my research for a book about the experience of being Black in the Republican Party. Through interviews with Black Republican activists, it became clear to me that most people understand these activists based on their relationships to other Black people.

Black Republicans also told me that their opportunities for advancement in the G.O.P. depended on sticking to the party’s dominant rhetoric on race. When the Republican Party embraces white grievance, articulates anti-Black policies and raises anti-Black voices, Black Republicans are less able to talk about Republican policies in ways that will uplift Black people. The Black Republicans who articulate ideas consistent with white grievance, or who work to undermine claims of racism, are given broad platforms within the party, even when those ideas are not particularly resonant with Black audiences. This race-blind messaging is not necessarily representative of what all Black Republicans think, but it is what the primarily white leadership of Republican organizations wants to hear.

Long screechy screed.

The one note symPHONY by lil im.2 continues unabated.

Universal translator version for a quick synopsis:

Lil im.2 once again maintains that: any POC who disagrees with the distorted views of im.2 is (on that basis) a Tom.

Zzzz.

Incorrect. And Africans did not force whites to buy war captives nor did they implement Jim Crow in America.
Who said anyone was forced to buy slaves? Total retarded strawman.

IM2 got no problem with the black guy who kidnapped African kids and sold them to foreigners. As was done in Africa for hundreds of years. But the white foreigner who bought the kid a few centuries back should be held accountable. Black privilege.

Jim Crown was a terrible part of history but it was progress made toward equality. You fail to comprehend that after slavery had been practiced globally for the entirety of human history, you can’t just flick a switch and expect people to one day think something and the next think something completely different. On a societal level it takes time. Same way they turned you in to a fruity liberal that your ancestors from 300 years ago would have thought a complete fool.

Who said anyone was forced to buy slaves? Total retarded strawman.

IM2 got no problem with the black guy who kidnapped African kids and sold them to foreigners. As was done in Africa for hundreds of years. But the white foreigner who bought the kid a few centuries back should be held accountable. Black privilege.

Jim Crown was a terrible part of history but it was progress made toward equality. You fail to comprehend that after slavery had been practiced globally for the entirety of human history, you can’t just flick a switch and expect people to one day think something and the next think something completely different. On a societal level it takes time. Same way they turned you in to a fruity liberal that your ancestors from 300 years ago would have thought a complete fool.

Again, you are in above your pay grade boy. You missed the part of history where whites would arm one African tribe in a war in return for war captives. Jim Crow was not progress and we have yet to reach equality. Whites flicked a sitch when they wanted freedom from the crown so take your excuses and suya.

Forum List

Back