The Trump Presidency

Cw1yZQxUsAAm2i9.jpg

Brilliant!

With Trump as President and a Republican Congress, the sky is the limit

What I think will happen:

The Wall: "A big, beautiful wall" I doubt it. Once the bill comes in and they see Mexico will not pay for it, Congress will downsize the effort. A token bill will be passed expanding the existing wall and Trump will declare victory

Rounding up aliens: Trump will concentrate on criminals and those who fall in the crosshairs, but there will be no roundup

Immigration: Enhanced vetting will correlate to....No Muslims

Putting Hillary in jail: Rudy Giuliani will appoint a special prosecutor who will drag this investigation on for years. He will write a scathing report but Hillary will not be criminally prosecuted

Obamacare: Tricky to repeal without having something better to replace it. Republicans will gut it, cut out funding for Medicaid and subsidies leaving millions without coverage

Trade: Trump will get tough but it is difficult to tear up deals and get something better

Keystone: Will pass

Gay marriage/gays in the military: That cat is out of the bag. Republicans will pass "wedding cake" laws saying you do not have to serve gays. Conservative courts will allow

Supreme Court: Trump will fill Scalias seat with a similar conservative

Some form of wall will be funded and approved. At first it will just be increased patrolling.

Increased federal enforcement will be enacted by denying federal funds to State law enforcement agencies that refuse to report illegals who have been arrested. I have a feeling we will see a self deporting movement begin once he enters office.

Some origin countries will see their limits dropped or put on hold, but it will be country by country.

Maybe, but if Obama pardons her, all bets are off. Would Obama hold back a pardon just to get the GOP involved in the tabloid quagmire of a special prosecutor investigation?

Maybe he will let Stated decide if they want to continue with it. To me this is a State issue, not a federal one.

This one is a tough one.

Yep

No going back on it, but limiting PA's to actual PA's and not "any time money changes hands" may be a sop to the conservative right. If he were smart he would combine it with increased employment protections for gays.

One new conservative, plus more if any resign in the first 3 years of his presidency. If it gets to the 4th and the Senate flips, expect a hold motion.

Could get interesting as I think Ginsberg would rather die at her desk than allow Trump to name her successor

The Wall: "A big, beautiful wall" I doubt it. Once the bill comes in and they see Mexico will not pay for it, Congress will downsize the effort. A token bill will be passed expanding the existing wall and Trump will declare victory

Rounding up aliens: Trump will concentrate on criminals and those who fall in the crosshairs, but there will be no roundup

Putting Hillary in jail: Rudy Giuliani will appoint a special prosecutor who will drag this investigation on for years. He will write a scathing report but Hillary will not be criminally prosecuted

Obamacare: Tricky to repeal without having something better to replace it. Republicans will gut it, cut out funding for Medicaid and subsidies leaving millions without coverage

Trade: Trump will get tough but it is difficult to tear up deals and get something better

Gay marriage/gays in the military: That cat is out of the bag. Republicans will pass "wedding cake" laws saying you do not have to serve gays. Conservative courts will allow

Some form of wall will be funded and approved. At first it will just be increased patrolling.

Increased federal enforcement will be enacted by denying federal funds to State law enforcement agencies that refuse to report illegals who have been arrested. I have a feeling we will see a self deporting movement begin once he enters office.

Some origin countries will see their limits dropped or put on hold, but it will be country by country.

Maybe, but if Obama pardons her, all bets are off. Would Obama hold back a pardon just to get the GOP involved in the tabloid quagmire of a special prosecutor investigation?

Maybe he will let Stated decide if they want to continue with it. To me this is a State issue, not a federal one.

This one is a tough one.

Yep

No going back on it, but limiting PA's to actual PA's and not "any time money changes hands" may be a sop to the conservative right. If he were smart he would combine it with increased employment protections for gays.

One new conservative, plus more if any resign in the first 3 years of his presidency. If it gets to the 4th and the Senate flips, expect a hold motion.

Could get interesting as I think Ginsberg would rather die at her desk than allow Trump to name her successor

Considering we have already seen that happen this year, Dems better get her on a solid life-extending exercise and supplement plan.

This one is a tough one.

Yep

Considering we have already seen that happen this year, Dems better get her on a solid life-extending exercise and supplement plan.

She is not that much older than Trump....maybe she will outlive him

Soon, every executive order Obama rammed down our throats will be undone. We have a Republican majority in the Senate and in the House. We have Trump as President. Soon we will have a majority of Conservative Supreme Court Judges. We have retaken America. It is good.

I expect a balanced budget.

With a fair share of republicans who distanced themselves from Trump, they won't go along with his wall idea and I doubt banning Muslims will get anywhere either.
That's just an example of the liberals creating a strawman for all their loyal minions to go after. Trump said he wanted a ban on all muslim refugees coming in from Syria cause you really have no idea if they're terrorists or not. It wasn't unfounded either cause ISIS had already done that in France and claimed they could/would to get terrorists into the U.S. Somehow proposing a temporary ban on muslim refugees turned into "Donald Trump hates all muslims!"

Even if Trump wanted to ban all muslims for the U.S. (he doesn't) he wouldn't be able to get it done cause it's unconstitutional. Much to Obama's chagrin, we have checks and balances.

This one is a tough one.

Yep

Do you think that could not be arrainged?

This one is a tough one.

Yep

Do you think that could not be arrainged?

NO!

That kind of shit is over. Hillary lost, corruption lost. When the evil old hag dies, she dies. The sooner the better, but NO ONE is going to help her along.

So the next Republican has not been born yet genius????

This one is a tough one.

Yep

She will probably get her wish.

I thought Rightwinger would trot out his electorial map yet again and show us once more how it would be totally impossible for Trump to reach 270. He did that almost every day. Just as Jake Starkey trotted out the Real Clear Politics polls and showed us all over and over how Trump was never going to win Florida, Ohio, or almost any state. LOL!!!

Yeah, Clinton was gonna win every state in the country. Hilarious chit. :laugh:

It will be interesting to see what the man who according to all the experts could not win the Presidency will do as President. To be fair and honest I didn't think he would win I thought he had a chance but not a very good one.

1. He will build the Wall. Mexico will contribute one way or another. And they better remember who needs who more.

2. Criminals yes. E-verify and similar actions will drain the swamp and encourage self deportation. Deportations will skyrocket, and they will NOT be coming back.

3. NO muslims? I hope so.

4. HIllary in jail was hyperbole. Was never going to happen.

5. Obamacare: DOn't know. It's a fucking trainwreck.

6. Trade? Trump will stand up for American interests and those who have been taking advantage of US will raise a ruckus. You lefties and many anti-Trump righties will side against America.

7. Gays, Who gives a fuck.

8. Scalia clone. Agreed. Thank God.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Republicans get their wish and kill Obamacare

Their inactivity in coming up with something better in the last eight years will come back to haunt them.
OK...so you pulled the plug

What do you do now?
Pass laws to open up competition and expand HSAs. Easy to do but only provides marginal savings, if any
End the mandate? Fine
But what do you do with the millions who duck insurance because of the cost and now show up in emergency rooms?

What happens to the millions of Americans who are cancer survivors, have heart disease, diabetes or even high cholesterol and blood pressure who must now compete on an open market. Who will cover them?

Be careful of what you wish for Republicans

Forum List

Back