The toughest thing about the virus......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
.....may be not being able to check the scores throughout the day. I like(d) checking the scores at least every hour and most of the times more, on the ESPN site. It's SO strange.

.....may be not being able to check the scores throughout the day. I like(d) checking the scores at least every hour and most of the times more, on the ESPN site. It's SO strange.
Oh, that has to be hard for you! I'm glad this isn't happening during football. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh, that has to be hard for you! I'm glad this isn't happening during football. Keeping my fingers crossed!
It's actually NOT that hard, just very strange. I'm a big stats guy, I like to always check who's leading in certain categories in the major sports. When I was a kid, I loved buying baseball, football, basketball and hockey cards and seeing all the stats on the backs of the cards.

It's actually NOT that hard, just very strange. I'm a big stats guy, I like to always check who's leading in certain categories in the major sports. When I was a kid, I loved buying baseball, football, basketball and hockey cards and seeing all the stats on the backs of the cards.
Well, let's hope this season will not be completely curtailed just suspended for a couple months.

Oh, you're one of THEM. Yes, this unnecessary panic will affect you and all those like you, of which there are many.

There's a few in my circle, so I know..

Well, let's hope this season will not be completely curtailed just suspended for a couple months.

Months is a ridiculous thing.

Oh, you're one of THEM. Yes, this unnecessary panic will affect you and all those like you, of which there are many.

It hasn't caused me ANY panic, it's just strange. That's all.

You haven't missed many sports updates yet...

Baseball season is going to be delayed...I guess my Padres will have to wait to take the crown.

Baseball season is going to be delayed...I guess my Padres will have to wait to take the crown.
I've always liked the Padres, since their inception in 1969. I'm a White Sox, Diamondbacks and Cubs fan, those are my three favorite teams, in order. I was born in and raised around Chicago and lived in Arizona for roughly 33 years, 1977-2010. So I will always root for the Padres when they're not playing one of my three favorite teams. Some of my favorite Padres have been Nate Colbert, he was a heck of a slugger, Dave Winfield, when he came into the league, and of course, Tony Gwynn. He was one of THE best pure hitters I've ever seen.

Have not had much personal disruption personally here in West Tennessee, though the confirmed cases in the state have gone from 1 to 32 in the state, including Memphis, Middle Tennessee, including Nashville/Davidson County, our state capitol and towns on or near the eastern border of the state in 10 days. Strange seeing pictures sent by brother inlaw of large numbers of empty store shelves at Walmart in little Milan, TN near here, emptied by panic buying, even though no outbreak closer than 90 miles away.
Most disturbing is reading of the nursing home in Kirkland, WA where 25 have died, 95 of the staff are symptomatic, with 25 testing positive already. Still unclear whether entire staff and patients have been tested and none of the patients, tested, not tested, symptomatic or not can leave or have visitors, like some bazarre medical experiment to see just what the total effects might be in a captive population.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-hits-staffers-at-embattled-washington-state-nursing-home/
Coronavirus hits staffers at embattled Washington State nursing home

Who's panicking?? Just ordered two pallets of Toilet Paper to be sent to my ex-boss's place. COD!!!:113::113::113::113:

Greg

Last edited:

Who's pancaking?? Just ordered two pallets of Toilet Paper to be sent to my ex-boss's place. COD!!!:113::113::113::113:

Greg
Hilarious!

I've always liked the Padres, since their inception in 1969. I'm a White Sox, Diamondbacks and Cubs fan, those are my three favorite teams, in order. I was born in and raised around Chicago and lived in Arizona for roughly 33 years, 1977-2010. So I will always root for the Padres when they're not playing one of my three favorite teams. Some of my favorite Padres have been Nate Colbert, he was a heck of a slugger, Dave Winfield, when he came into the league, and of course, Tony Gwynn. He was one of THE best pure hitters I've ever seen.
ONE DAY! We are gonna do it...the Series will be ours!

tonyg.gif

Have not had much personal disruption personally here in West Tennessee, though the confirmed cases in the state have gone from 1 to 32 in the state, including Memphis, Middle Tennessee, including Nashville/Davidson County, our state capitol and towns on or near the eastern border of the state in 10 days. Strange seeing pictures sent by brother inlaw of large numbers of empty store shelves at Walmart in little Milan, TN near here, emptied by panic buying, even though no outbreak closer than 90 miles away.
Most disturbing is reading of the nursing home in Kirkland, WA where 25 have died, 95 of the staff are symptomatic, with 25 testing positive already. Still unclear whether entire staff and patients have been tested and none of the patients, tested, not tested, symptomatic or not can leave or have visitors, like some bazarre medical experiment to see just what the total effects might be in a captive population.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-hits-staffers-at-embattled-washington-state-nursing-home/

puts tinfoil hat on:

Could it be a secret Euthanasia program targeting the elderly? Those staffers should be quarantined from the elderly they could infect while caring for.

puts tinfoil hat on:

Could it be a secret Euthanasia program targeting the elderly? Those staffers should be quarantined from the elderly they could infect while caring for.
Must be a pretty large facility to have 180 staff. 95 of them symptomatic. Wonder how easy it is to get non-symptomatic replacement personnel to go in there to replace over have the staff, where 25 have died in the last two weeks and none were allowed to leave since the first case. If it's a tinfoil hat thing, maybe you should volunteer to go in and help. They have openings. Maybe you could see the problem first hand. Go without protective equipment and you may see it more clearly.

puts tinfoil hat on:

Must be a pretty large facility to have 180 staff. 95 of them symptomatic. Wonder how easy it is to get non-symptomatic replacement personnel to go in there to replace over have the staff, where 25 have died in the last two weeks and none were allowed to leave since the first case. If it's a tinfoil hat thing, maybe you should volunteer to go in and help. They have openings. Maybe you could see the problem first hand. Go without protective equipment and you may see it more clearly.
I'm not qualified, but would readily volunteer, you?

My worry would be transmitting infection from patient to patient, you?

By the way, it's "half", not "have".

So 25 of the 32 were in that nursing home, is that correct?

puts tinfoil hat on:

I'm not qualified, but would readily volunteer, you?

My worry would be transmitting infection from patient to patient, you?

By the way, it's "half", not "have".

So 25 of the 32 were in that nursing home, is that correct?
You must be drinking heavily or did not read. The 32 infected is in the state of Tennessee. The nursing home iin the linked article is in Washington, where the highest number of infections and highest deaths of any state is located. Not qualified either and would not volunteer, as the head of the CDC recommend people my age avoid contact with infected people. I bet emptying bed pans would be right up your alley. Dr Fauci recommends against flying, so it might take you a few days to get there.

Peoples have to tolerate these measures. It is crucial that all measures taken to prevent mass gatherings of peoples in ALL areas of Society, it is crucial that we limit social interaction between peoples to the minimum this include ALL outdoor events and ALL indoor events.

Many nations but not ALL nations are taking these measures. And so at least we all are sharing this strange situation.

Some at this forum already know that I work at my nations Ministry of Interior and we with our Ministry of Health have been working 24/7 to lockdown as much as we can with exceptions for food stores, pharmacy, banks. This is a strange experience for many peoples who are used to going out for social events etc we hope this not become the new normal but until we can get to the peak in surrounding nations of COVID-19 which we approx estimate to be in 8-10 weeks all these measures to be enforced and possible that this week more measures to be added to.

We think that our low levels of COVID-19 is that our early banning flights from China, South Korea, Iran and closing our border with Italy was crucial to containing the situation, we now add that all flights from Spain, France and Switzerland to be banned. We also are thinking to ban all flights from the UK because they are not testing for COVID-19 and their Government is encouraging the "herd approach" where they WANT up to 60% of their peoples to get mild COVID-19 to build up immunisation against it. We think this is a dangerous policy when there is NO vaccine for COVID-19 and so it is not a good idea to have the British entering this nation as we do not know if they are infected or not etc.

The totals illustrate that we HOPE we have this COVID-19 contained so not to get out of control, as of now our total is:

655 Total Cases of COVID-19, 0 New Cases of COVID-19 *, 1 death from COVID-19 (a man age 69 years in age with existing health problems who had recent return from Italy), 6 Total Recovery from COVID-19, 1 Case Serious (patient has existing health problems) * This is the first 24 hours that we have not registered any New Cases we HOPE this means that our measures are succeeding.

bluzman61 you have Type 2 Diabetes so PLEASE take EXTRA care in America, this is one of the existing health problems that COVID-19 can have extra complications with, below is a link for you to read from the American Diabetes Association:

Coronavirus | ADA

Forum List

Back