The toughest thing about the virus......

.....may be not being able to check the scores throughout the day. I like(d) checking the scores at least every hour and most of the times more, on the ESPN site. It's SO strange.

Peoples have to tolerate these measures. It is crucial that all measures taken to prevent mass gatherings of peoples in ALL areas of Society, it is crucial that we limit social interaction between peoples to the minimum this include ALL outdoor events and ALL indoor events.

Many nations but not ALL nations are taking these measures. And so at least we all are sharing this strange situation.

Some at this forum already know that I work at my nations Ministry of Interior and we with our Ministry of Health have been working 24/7 to lockdown as much as we can with exceptions for food stores, pharmacy, banks. This is a strange experience for many peoples who are used to going out for social events etc we hope this not become the new normal but until we can get to the peak in surrounding nations of COVID-19 which we approx estimate to be in 8-10 weeks all these measures to be enforced and possible that this week more measures to be added to.

We think that our low levels of COVID-19 is that our early banning flights from China, South Korea, Iran and closing our border with Italy was crucial to containing the situation, we now add that all flights from Spain, France and Switzerland to be banned. We also are thinking to ban all flights from the UK because they are not testing for COVID-19 and their Government is encouraging the "herd approach" where they WANT up to 60% of their peoples to get mild COVID-19 to build up immunisation against it. We think this is a dangerous policy when there is NO vaccine for COVID-19 and so it is not a good idea to have the British entering this nation as we do not know if they are infected or not etc.

The totals illustrate that we HOPE we have this COVID-19 contained so not to get out of control, as of now our total is:

655 Total Cases of COVID-19, 0 New Cases of COVID-19 *, 1 death from COVID-19 (a man age 69 years in age with existing health problems who had recent return from Italy), 6 Total Recovery from COVID-19, 1 Case Serious (patient has existing health problems) * This is the first 24 hours that we have not registered any New Cases we HOPE this means that our measures are succeeding.

bluzman61 you have Type 2 Diabetes so PLEASE take EXTRA care in America, this is one of the existing health problems that COVID-19 can have extra complications with, below is a link for you to read from the American Diabetes Association:

Coronavirus | ADA
Thanks very much, Lucy.

Have not had much personal disruption personally here in West Tennessee, though the confirmed cases in the state have gone from 1 to 32 in the state, including Memphis, Middle Tennessee, including Nashville/Davidson County, our state capitol and towns on or near the eastern border of the state in 10 days. Strange seeing pictures sent by brother inlaw of large numbers of empty store shelves at Walmart in little Milan, TN near here, emptied by panic buying, even though no outbreak closer than 90 miles away.
Most disturbing is reading of the nursing home in Kirkland, WA where 25 have died, 95 of the staff are symptomatic, with 25 testing positive already. Still unclear whether entire staff and patients have been tested and none of the patients, tested, not tested, symptomatic or not can leave or have visitors, like some bazarre medical experiment to see just what the total effects might be in a captive population.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-hits-staffers-at-embattled-washington-state-nursing-home/
Coronavirus hits staffers at embattled Washington State nursing home

The 95 staff who are symptomatic should be immediately put into quarantine and the 25 who are positive should be IMMEDIATELY removed and severely ISOLATED. 25 deaths in ONE facility is very disturbing.

.....may be not being able to check the scores throughout the day. I like(d) checking the scores at least every hour and most of the times more, on the ESPN site. It's SO strange.

Peoples have to tolerate these measures. It is crucial that all measures taken to prevent mass gatherings of peoples in ALL areas of Society, it is crucial that we limit social interaction between peoples to the minimum this include ALL outdoor events and ALL indoor events.

Many nations but not ALL nations are taking these measures. And so at least we all are sharing this strange situation.

Some at this forum already know that I work at my nations Ministry of Interior and we with our Ministry of Health have been working 24/7 to lockdown as much as we can with exceptions for food stores, pharmacy, banks. This is a strange experience for many peoples who are used to going out for social events etc we hope this not become the new normal but until we can get to the peak in surrounding nations of COVID-19 which we approx estimate to be in 8-10 weeks all these measures to be enforced and possible that this week more measures to be added to.

We think that our low levels of COVID-19 is that our early banning flights from China, South Korea, Iran and closing our border with Italy was crucial to containing the situation, we now add that all flights from Spain, France and Switzerland to be banned. We also are thinking to ban all flights from the UK because they are not testing for COVID-19 and their Government is encouraging the "herd approach" where they WANT up to 60% of their peoples to get mild COVID-19 to build up immunisation against it. We think this is a dangerous policy when there is NO vaccine for COVID-19 and so it is not a good idea to have the British entering this nation as we do not know if they are infected or not etc.

The totals illustrate that we HOPE we have this COVID-19 contained so not to get out of control, as of now our total is:

655 Total Cases of COVID-19, 0 New Cases of COVID-19 *, 1 death from COVID-19 (a man age 69 years in age with existing health problems who had recent return from Italy), 6 Total Recovery from COVID-19, 1 Case Serious (patient has existing health problems) * This is the first 24 hours that we have not registered any New Cases we HOPE this means that our measures are succeeding.

bluzman61 you have Type 2 Diabetes so PLEASE take EXTRA care in America, this is one of the existing health problems that COVID-19 can have extra complications with, below is a link for you to read from the American Diabetes Association:

Coronavirus | ADA
Thanks very much, Lucy.

No problem, I worry about peoples during this time who have existing health problems. Mr. Lucy is worried that the COVID-19 thing has brought out my workaholic side again, was working out of my office yesterday approx 10 hours and are about to go in again this morning to work on things at the Ministry until approx 6PM tonight.

Have not had much personal disruption personally here in West Tennessee, though the confirmed cases in the state have gone from 1 to 32 in the state, including Memphis, Middle Tennessee, including Nashville/Davidson County, our state capitol and towns on or near the eastern border of the state in 10 days. Strange seeing pictures sent by brother inlaw of large numbers of empty store shelves at Walmart in little Milan, TN near here, emptied by panic buying, even though no outbreak closer than 90 miles away.
Most disturbing is reading of the nursing home in Kirkland, WA where 25 have died, 95 of the staff are symptomatic, with 25 testing positive already. Still unclear whether entire staff and patients have been tested and none of the patients, tested, not tested, symptomatic or not can leave or have visitors, like some bazarre medical experiment to see just what the total effects might be in a captive population.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-hits-staffers-at-embattled-washington-state-nursing-home/

puts tinfoil hat on:

Could it be a secret Euthanasia program targeting the elderly? Those staffers should be quarantined from the elderly they could infect while caring for.
Must be a pretty large facility to have 180 staff. 95 of them symptomatic. Wonder how easy it is to get non-symptomatic replacement personnel to go in there to replace over have the staff, where 25 have died in the last two weeks and none were allowed to leave since the first case. If it's a tinfoil hat thing, maybe you should volunteer to go in and help. They have openings. Maybe you could see the problem first hand. Go without protective equipment and you may see it more clearly.
I'm not qualified, but would readily volunteer, you?

My worry would be transmitting infection from patient to patient, you?

By the way, it's "half", not "have".

So 25 of the 32 were in that nursing home, is that correct?
You must be drinking heavily or did not read. The 32 infected is in the state of Tennessee. The nursing home iin the linked article is in Washington, where the highest number of infections and highest deaths of any state is located. Not qualified either and would not volunteer, as the head of the CDC recommend people my age avoid contact with infected people. I bet emptying bed pans would be right up your alley. Dr Fauci recommends against flying, so it might take you a few days to get there.

I would think that soon Domestic flights in America will have to be restricted and/or banned and perhaps on State borders you will have to have checks on all vehicles entering from State to State, this is how alot of COVID-19 is spreading across America it's State to State infecting.

Oh, that has to be hard for you! I'm glad this isn't happening during football. Keeping my fingers crossed!
It's actually NOT that hard, just very strange. I'm a big stats guy, I like to always check who's leading in certain categories in the major sports. When I was a kid, I loved buying baseball, football, basketball and hockey cards and seeing all the stats on the backs of the cards.
Well, let's hope this season will not be completely curtailed just suspended for a couple months.

Months is a ridiculous thing.

Entire Sports competitions could be suspended, on this Continent they are saying that the EURO 2020 football competition could be suspended. This would be a massive situation here if this occur.

puts tinfoil hat on:

Could it be a secret Euthanasia program targeting the elderly? Those staffers should be quarantined from the elderly they could infect while caring for.
Must be a pretty large facility to have 180 staff. 95 of them symptomatic. Wonder how easy it is to get non-symptomatic replacement personnel to go in there to replace over have the staff, where 25 have died in the last two weeks and none were allowed to leave since the first case. If it's a tinfoil hat thing, maybe you should volunteer to go in and help. They have openings. Maybe you could see the problem first hand. Go without protective equipment and you may see it more clearly.

You must be drinking heavily or did not read. The 32 infected is in the state of Tennessee. The nursing home iin the linked article is in Washington, where the highest number of infections and highest deaths of any state is located. Not qualified either and would not volunteer, as the head of the CDC recommend people my age avoid contact with infected people. I bet emptying bed pans would be right up your alley. Dr Fauci recommends against flying, so it might take you a few days to get there.

I would think that soon Domestic flights in America will have to be restricted and/or banned and perhaps on State borders you will have to have checks on all vehicles entering from State to State, this is how alot of COVID-19 is spreading across America it's State to State infecting.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

puts tinfoil hat on:

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

It is a situation you all have to think about though.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

That's undoable. We all rely on interstate commerce.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

Well you might have to not rely on that for a while. Many American States that have COVID-19 they have it because x amount of peoples going into that State from another State that is already infected are bringing the thing in.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

Well you might have to not rely on that for a while. Many American States that have COVID-19 they have it because x amount of peoples going into that State from another State that is already infected are bringing the thing in.

We can't just bring the entire country's supply chain to a halt, no.

For instance: Right now they need our hay up in the North and midwest. They're all snow and their animas need food.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

We are bringing in an emergency relief fund that total 4 billion Euros to assist with any economic fallout, this would include moneys for bridge loans and credit guarantees to keep companies afloat during this time. Our main priority is to maintain the health of the nation, protect peoples jobs and keep our economy stable.

Could American States do the same? Could each American State have an emergency relief fund that would be available for buisnesses who rely mainly on this interstate commerce you mention?

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

We are bringing in an emergency relief fund that total 4 billion Euros to assist with any economic fallout, this would include moneys for bridge loans and credit guarantees to keep companies afloat during this time. Our main priority is to maintain the health of the nation, protect peoples jobs and keep our economy stable.

Could American States do the same? Could each American State have an emergency relief fund that would be available for buisnesses who rely mainly on this interstate commerce you mention?

No, our country is much more vast and the states depend on each other too much for that to happen.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

For instance: Right now they need our hay up in the North and midwest. They're all snow and their animas need food.

IF COVID-19 can not be contained in America then the unthinkable might have to occur. With that hay you mention, that could be transported via freight to the States that need it. What I am meaning is that peoples to peoples travel from State to State could have to be severely restricted. EG. You are in State A and you want to visit family and/or friends in State B that might have to be not allowed to occur.

Coronavirus | ADA

^^^^ From my above post:

"655 Total Cases of COVID-19, 0 New Cases of COVID-19 *, 1 death from COVID-19 (a man age 69 years in age with existing health problems who had recent return from Italy), 6 Total Recovery from COVID-19, 1 Case Serious (patient has existing health problems) * This is the first 24 hours that we have not registered any New Cases we HOPE this means that our measures are succeeding."

Now have updated totals from over night:

800 Total Cases of COVID-19, 145 New Cases of COVID-19, still only 1 death from COVID-19, 6 Total Recovery from COVID-19, 793 Active Cases, 1 Case Serious (patient has existing health problems)

We have to be positive, yes okay we have 145 new cases but still only 1 death and still only 1 Case Serious.

Oh fuck no! Nawsuh!

IF COVID-19 can not be contained in America then the unthinkable might have to occur. With that hay you mention, that could be transported via freight to the States that need it. What I am meaning is that peoples to peoples travel from State to State could have to be severely restricted. EG. You are in State A and you want to visit family and/or friends in State B that might have to be not allowed to occur.

No deal! :eusa_snooty:

A suggestion is enough.

Maybe put off unnecessary interstate visiting.

The toughest thing about "the virus" is the overblown panic about "the virus".

I damn sure ain't sayin' "Don't wash your hands" more, but crippling the world economy over it is not wise.

I damn sure ain't sayin' "Don't wash your hands" more, but crippling the world economy over it is not wise.

The MSM has caused alot of the panic. The rate of Seasonal Flu is higher in EVERY nation than COVID-19, I think many peoples are frightened because at this moment there is no vaccine for COVID-19 like there is a vaccine for flu. We do ALL need to be getting a mild COVID-19 to build up our immunity to it because it probably is going to become a Seasonal thing, but it is better to do this via a vaccine you know like when you get the flu vaccine it gives you a mild type of flu for approx 2 days and then you recover and you have then been immunised to the general flu, well we ALL need this with COVID-19 via a vaccine.

For many on this Continent the football season now in chaos, games postponed many games. The football season has to be completed and so the theory is that we all hope these games can be played in June-August that is IF the COVID-19 situation is at post-peak.

Wash hands for approx 20 seconds, do not touch eyes or face because that is how you absorb this virus into your body. The situation with face masks is that a face mask NOT stop you getting COVID-19 a face mask ONLY stops the infected infecting others. Peoples should limit personal contact with relatives aged 65 years and older especially relatives in their 70s and 80s, stay in contact with them via the phone do not visit them in person.

Today we have ordered a ban on gatherings of more than 5 peoples, this is our most extreme ban on gatherings this far, we are putting the police on the streets also this for them to patrol and enforce this ban. The situation in this nation now to be that peoples ONLY should have contact with those they live in same building as and to ONLY go out if they need to get food and/or medicines. We now in the Government have immense power under this State of Emergency, in the Ministry of Interior we have been awarded unlimited powers to enforce measures, we should take this opportunity to also to fast-track the remove from society peoples and groups that we consider a threat to society.

All I can comment is what we are doing and have been doing, this as advice to what other nations should do and some have been doing. You test the population at approx 1,000-2,000 a day or if a larger nation this to be 20,000-30,000 a day, you find where the cases of COVID-19 are you then IMMEDIATELY quarantine them and also you do contact tracing and get them ASAP completely OUT of their community. This reduces the instances of family clusters, this is what we have been doing, we got all of this from having Conference Call discussions with South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan because we noticed they were having some success in controling the situation and so we adopted their measures.

We have now banned ALL flights from the UK, they are not dealing with COVID-19 in any appropriate way we think, their approach is a non-approach and it is WRONG. They are not doing extensive testing and they will come to regret this. They are we think in approx 2-4 weeks going to have an explosion of COVID-19 this based on their non-approach and they could at this moment already have approx 10,000 peoples with COVID-19 but showing minimal symptoms if and when they get this explosion they will not cope in their hospitals as they have approx 2.5 beds per 1,000 per peoples in the population. We have attempted to WARN them about the expected explosion and of course typical stupid British know IT ALL and will NOT listen to advice.

You can’t fight a virus if you don’t know where it is, you find it by extensive testing. You test, find then isolate and then treat EVERY case to break the link of COVID-19 transmission and we think this limits the expansion.

Last edited:

Wash hands for approx 20 seconds, do not touch eyes or face because that is how you absorb this virus into your body. The situation with face masks is that a face mask NOT stop you getting COVID-19 a face mask ONLY stops the infected infecting others. Peoples should limit personal contact with relatives aged 65 years and older especially relatives in their 70s and 80s, stay in contact with them via the phone do not visit them in person.

Today we have ordered a ban on gatherings of more than 5 peoples, this is our most extreme ban on gatherings this far, we are putting the police on the streets also this for them to patrol and enforce this ban. The situation in this nation now to be that peoples ONLY should have contact with those they live in same building as and to ONLY go out if they need to get food and/or medicines. We now in the Government have immense power under this State of Emergency, in the Ministry of Interior we have been awarded unlimited powers to enforce measures, we should take this opportunity to also to fast-track the remove from society peoples and groups that we consider a threat to society.

All I can comment is what we are doing and have been doing, this as advice to what other nations should do and some have been doing. You test the population at approx 1,000-2,000 a day or if a larger nation this to be 20,000-30,000 a day, you find where the cases of COVID-19 are you then IMMEDIATELY quarantine them and also you do contact tracing and get them ASAP completely OUT of their community. This reduces the instances of family clusters, this is what we have been doing, we got all of this from having Conference Call discussions with South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan because we noticed they were having some success in controling the situation and so we adopted their measures.

We have now banned ALL flights from the UK, they are not dealing with COVID-19 in any appropriate way we think, their approach is a non-approach and it is WRONG. They are not doing extensive testing and they will come to regret this. They are we think in approx 2-4 weeks going to have an explosion of COVID-19 this based on their non-approach and they could at this moment already have approx 10,000 peoples with COVID-19 but showing minimal symptoms if and when they get this explosion they will not cope in their hospitals as they have approx 2.5 beds per 1,000 per peoples in the population. We have attempted to WARN them about the expected explosion and of course typical stupid British know IT ALL and will NOT listen to advice.

You can’t fight a virus if you don’t know where it is, you find it by extensive testing. You test, find then isolate and then treat EVERY case to break the link of COVID-19 transmission and we think this limits the expansion.

From my above post:

"We have now banned ALL flights from the UK, they are not dealing with COVID-19 in any appropriate way we think, their approach is a non-approach and it is WRONG. They are not doing extensive testing and they will come to regret this. They are we think in approx 2-4 weeks going to have an explosion of COVID-19 this based on their non-approach and they could at this moment already have approx 10,000 peoples with COVID-19 but showing minimal symptoms if and when they get this explosion they will not cope in their hospitals as they have approx 2.5 beds per 1,000 per peoples in the population. We have attempted to WARN them about the expected explosion and of course typical stupid British know IT ALL and will NOT listen to advice."

This:

upload_2020-3-16_3-47-17.png

^^^^ We consider the UK to now be a danger to our peoples who are there. Any of our peoples in the UK IF they have problems returning home to us, then we are telling them to report to our Embassy in London and to give their name, address, place of birth and date of birth to our Officials and we will make sure they can return home on one of our Chartered Flights. We did this in Italy a few weeks ago we got 206 of our peoples out of Italy on a Chartered Flight and returned them home to us.

Forum List

Back