The toll of Syria's devastation: The three-year civil war, by the numbers

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
too much devastation. Assad has done more than 17 billion in damage to his own country

NewsNow: Loading story...

GENEVA - DEAD: More than 130,000 people have been killed in Syria, according to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. The U.N. has given up counting, saying it could no longer do so with any accuracy.

REFUGEES: 2.3 million Syrians have official refugee status and 6.5 million others are displaced within Syria out of a total population of 23 million.

ECONOMY: Syria's GDP contracted 21.8 per cent in 2012, 22.5 per cent in 2013 and is projected to fall in 2014 by 8.6 per cent.

INFLATION: Prices were up 212 per cent from 2011 to mid-2013, possibly far higher in unstable areas.

OIL: Since 2010, production has fallen from 370,000 barrels a day to 60,000 barrels a day in December 2013.

REBEL FIGHTERS: Hundreds of rebel brigades are scattered throughout Syria, commanding an estimated 100,000 fighters. They range from moderate Syrians who took up arms at the rebellion's outset to hardline al-Qaida-linked insurgents now coming in from Europe, Iraq and elsewhere.

DISEASE: 40 per cent of Syria's public hospitals are out of service due to the fighting. After officially eradicating polio in 1999, Syria just saw 17 confirmed cases of the disease.

Last edited:
You're right .. Syria is a perfect mess. .. with so many refugees and so many internally displaced.

Syria's oil production is down to 28,000 barrels a day because the oil industry hates a war zone.

They signed an offshore exploration deal with Russia in December, but I have little hope for any sort of recovery or end to the civil war soon.

You're right .. Syria is a perfect mess. .. with so many refugees and so many internally displaced.

Syria's oil production is down to 28,000 barrels a day because the oil industry hates a war zone.

They signed an offshore exploration deal with Russia in December, but I have little hope for any sort of recovery or end to the civil war soon.

Pipe lines have also blow up

I have no problem with Syrian terrorists massacring each other in their own country. What better contribution to humanity? However, I do grieve for all the dead innocent civilians, especially the Syrian children, who are the victims of their own people. Let us join together & hope there may be a silver lining in this cloud of death & destruction in that the children will see that the USA & Israel are not their enemy. It is their own people.

Israel's mossad has keep both Syria and Lebanon in a destabilized condition for decades in order to further Israel's fascist agenda. .... :cool:

Did you tell your psychiatrist this? I think most of us realize it by now that Muslims, whether born to the religion or converts, want to blame Israel for everything. It's wonderful how in denial they are when it comes to what Muslims are doing to other Muslims (and also Christians) in the Middle East.

Israel's mossad has keep both Syria and Lebanon in a destabilized condition for decades in order to further Israel's fascist agenda. .... :cool:

Did you tell your psychiatrist this? I think most of us realize it by now that Muslims, whether born to the religion or converts, want to blame Israel for everything. It's wonderful how in denial they are when it comes to what Muslims are doing to other Muslims (and also Christians) in the Middle East.
Just because you are geopolitically naive about Israel's role in fermenting chaos and civil war within Syria and Lebanon is your problem not mine. ... :cool:

Not to worry. The mighty U.N. was created to keep these sort of conflicts from occurring. They'll step in to save the Syrian people in, say......uh......50,60 years from now.

Did you tell your psychiatrist this? I think most of us realize it by now that Muslims, whether born to the religion or converts, want to blame Israel for everything. It's wonderful how in denial they are when it comes to what Muslims are doing to other Muslims (and also Christians) in the Middle East.[/QUOTE

]Just because you are geopolitically naive about Israel's role in fermenting chaos and civil war within Syria and Lebanon is your problem not mine. ... :cool:

Looks like Sunni Man has been just as brainwashed as all those Jihadists from foreign countries flooding into Syria. I wish I could remember the name of the Muslim author who wrote a book and included how in denial Mualims are and will not blame themselves for anything.

Just because you are geopolitically naive about Israel's role in fermenting chaos and civil war within Syria and Lebanon is your problem not mine. ... :cool:

no one should be surprised at the filth of meccaists. I certainly was---long ago----
when I was young (and beautiful)-----I learned that all the disorder and misery
of PAKISTAN------(remember the blood fest of 1971?) was created by----you guessed
it THE MOSSAD my informants were young medical school graduates from
pakistan-------for those who do not know----the TALIBAN is made up of the
"intellecturals" off the campuses of the best colleges in Pakistan-----anyone who tells
you differently is lying. I was very surprised---but then I got invited to "experience" the
"beauty of islam" ---by visiting a mosque------the vehicle for education in filth is called
the KHUTBAH JUMAAT------the crap spewed would make adolf abu ali blush

I am ---BY NO MEANS,, suggesting that all docs from pakistan are terrorists-----
there are no people who are "ALL TERRORISTS"----just as "all germans" are not
nazis----but enough were to murder in the millions----just as there were enough
rapists in 1971---in the west pakistani army to account for 1/4 million raped girls
and-----enough murderers that the dead bodiesof hundreds of thousands of children
lay dead in the mud..........during the same era----also in Biafra and in Uganda.---
when I was young.------it all happened in MODERN TIMES

And refineries... Russia is sending Assad more weapons. Kids can't go to school.. The country is in shambles.

The fun is only now getting started. The attached article deals specifically with Lebanon but the recent asplodins' there are directly linked to the jihad being waged across the islamist middle east pitting the sunni against the shia.

Lebanon jihadists say Hezbollah areas 'legitimate target'

Yahoo!

Beirut (AFP) - A group suspected of links to Al-Qaeda warned Friday that all areas of Lebanon where the Shiite Hezbollah movement operates are "legitimate targets" for attack, telling Sunnis to avoid them.

"We, Al-Nusra Front in Lebanon, announce that Iran's party (Hezbollah) and all its bases and... bastions are legitimate targets for us, wherever they are," the group said in a statement posted on the Internet.

The fun is only now getting started. The attached article deals specifically with Lebanon but the recent asplodins' there are directly linked to the jihad being waged across the islamist middle east pitting the sunni against the shia.

Yahoo!

Beirut (AFP) - A group suspected of links to Al-Qaeda warned Friday that all areas of Lebanon where the Shiite Hezbollah movement operates are "legitimate targets" for attack, telling Sunnis to avoid them.

"We, Al-Nusra Front in Lebanon, announce that Iran's party (Hezbollah) and all its bases and... bastions are legitimate targets for us, wherever they are," the group said in a statement posted on the Internet.

Boy, do I hate that its spreading into Lebanon.

Your post points out a very clear difference between Christians and Zionists, Christians do not call what is going on in Syria "fun."

That honor, calling this "fun" belongs all to the Zionist Klan.

Yahoo!

But, looking on the bright side, it is another opportunity to bring Lebanese together.

Thinking back to 2006, it was awful, over 1000 killed by Israel, over 1 million had to flee Israeli bombs, but I read of things like Christian schools opening up their schools to homeless Muslims and holding Prayer meetings together twice a day. Friendships initiated and they continue into Today. The Walls that divide come tumbling down in disasters, our need for God is shown to us, we turn to God. God uses these disasters to bring people to Him, too.

And all I said about Lebanon is true of Syria too, in the sense that I am convinced God is working in the middle of all of this. He has gone nowhere, He is there for anyone who turns to Him as their great need for Him becomes made clear to them.

Romans 8:28 (NIV)

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose

Yahoo!

Last edited:
Your post points out a very clear difference between Christians and Zionists, Christians do not call what is going on in Syria "fun."

That honor, calling this "fun" belongs all to the Zionist Klan.

Yahoo!

Sorry, Mahmoud, but you islamists from one franchise or another of Islamic terrorism Intl., Inc., have been slaughtering each other wholesale since ancient Islamist times and tales.

Syria has simply been a latest destination to continue the Islamist hate-fest that defines sunni - shia relations.

But, looking on the bright side, it is another opportunity to bring Lebanese together.

Thinking back to 2006, it was awful, over 1000 killed by Israel, over 1 million had to flee Israeli bombs, but I read of things like Christian schools opening up their schools to homeless Muslims and holding Prayer meetings together twice a day. Friendships initiated and they continue into Today. The Walls that divide come tumbling down in disasters, our need for God is shown to us, we turn to God. God uses these disasters to bring people to Him, too.

And all I said about Lebanon is true of Syria too, in the sense that I am convinced God is working in the middle of all of this. He has gone nowhere, He is there for anyone who turns to Him as their great need for Him becomes made clear to them.

Yahoo!

There is NOTHING good about this for Lebanon.. Most of my Christian Lebanese friends have left since the early 1970s.

Romans 8:28 (NIV)

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose

Yahoo!

Not to worry, Moms. The U.N. has everything under control.

How about a link that is not biased against Israel to prove your allegations, or is this just another islamonazi blood libel

And refineries... Russia is sending Assad more weapons. Kids can't go to school.. The country is in shambles.

Do the various factions give a damn about this or are they more interested in grabbing as much power as they can and then holding the begging bowl out for the west to fill. This time round we should say all your oil for some aid or try elsewhere.

Forum List

Back