The Time has Come for Fox News

People who have been watching fox news have been consistently misinformed about COVID19. So now Fox News is going to be sued for it's fake news on this pandemic.

Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus
By Sara Jean Green The Seattle Times (TNS) Apr 4, 2020

A little-known Washington nonprofit has filed a lawsuit against Fox News in King County Superior Court, claiming the news station, its parent companies and owners violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act and acted in bad faith by disseminating false information about the novel coronavirus through its television news broadcasts and minimized the danger posed by the virus as COVID-19 began to explode into a pandemic.
The suit, filed on behalf of the Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE), alleges Fox News engaged in unfair or deceptive acts by representing the coronavirus as a hoax in broadcasts that aired in February and March. Those broadcasts caused viewers to fail to adequately protect themselves or mitigate the virus’ spread, and therefore contributed to the public-health crisis and preventable mass death, the lawsuit says.

They are right and other entities need to join them in their effort.

You are one hell of a silly ass, you plantation house negro.

Eliminating the major source of fake news isn't a civil war, son. It's just common sense.

So you're not a big fan of CNN?

Mistakes are one thing. Out and out lies are the sole purview of Faux Noize.
Book+Burning.jpg
Lol, like you Faux Noize viewers have ever read a book.

Question creep, have you sobered up for even 5 minutes in the last month? I know that the 7-11 is closed and you can't panhandle, but still.....
Sorry kid, I didn't mean to offend you.

Ok everyone. I take it back. I actually meant to say "like you Faux Noize viewers have ever opened up a book with the exception of uncensored and his wonder woman comics".

It amusing to have one of the least literate fools on the board chanting these hating points. Tell me creepazoid, which philosophy text most influenced you? I realize Marx is the foundation for your beliefs, but have you read him? What of Hegel? :rofl:

Well, you made it MOST of the way through the Cat in the Hat.

Sure I do. They have made the occasional mistake, just like anyone else.

Faux Noize lies.

In your moronic opinion. But do you have any EVIDENCE that denying that Barack Obama actually is god is a "lie?" :dunno:
Did CNN say that? If so, can you link it?

CNN? I was thinking you, Comrade. So what do you claim the horrid heretics of Fox are lying about, if not that they deny your god is god?
Nope, you aren't allowed to do that. You put words into my mouth. Find a quote of me saying that or admit you're the lying piece of shit we all know you are.

People who have been watching fox news have been consistently misinformed about COVID19. So now Fox News is going to be sued for it's fake news on this pandemic.

Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus

A little-known Washington nonprofit has filed a lawsuit against Fox News in King County Superior Court, claiming the news station, its parent companies and owners violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act and acted in bad faith by disseminating false information about the novel coronavirus through its television news broadcasts and minimized the danger posed by the virus as COVID-19 began to explode into a pandemic.
The suit, filed on behalf of the Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE), alleges Fox News engaged in unfair or deceptive acts by representing the coronavirus as a hoax in broadcasts that aired in February and March. Those broadcasts caused viewers to fail to adequately protect themselves or mitigate the virus’ spread, and therefore contributed to the public-health crisis and preventable mass death, the lawsuit says.

This would open up the floodgate of all floodgates. CNN, MSNBC and so many others have not only been wrong about the threat, so have the politicians they have covered who suggested for citizens to go attend the Chinese New Year festival in New York for example, even as the outbreak had started. This is only ONE issue, there are so many other that MSM has lied about, you would literally have a floodgate of lawsuits trying to keep media strictly to facts.

They better start building their Ark I guess...
There are no floodgates to open. Fox has misled it's viewership into believing the virus was not serious. Yet the numbers are growing. I believe a week ago we had 100,000 cases, now we have over 300,000. But according to fox everything said opposing trumps bs was made up when in fact the so called left were the ones saying this was serious from the start.
I still believe it is contrived.....what do you have to say about that?

This will not go anywhere. It will be just like here on the forum where NOBODY has been able to come up with a quote of Trump calling the virus a hoax. There will be all kinds of quotes of Fox News talking about lefties, coronavirus, and hoaxes, but no quote of Fox calling the virus itself a hoax.

Eliminating the major source of fake news isn't a civil war, son. It's just common sense.

HIlarous

Never watch Cuomo, Cooper, Lemon, or Tapper?

Faux Noize lies.

Out and out lies are the sole purview of Faux Noize.

Sole purview?

No.
They have made the occasional mistake, just like anyone else.

Faux Noize lies.

Right...

Left leaning channels make 'mistakes',,,

Fox LIES!

Crep must be trolling.

This will not go anywhere. It will be just like here on the forum where NOBODY has been able to come up with a quote of Trump calling the virus a hoax. There will be all kinds of quotes of Fox News talking about lefties, coronavirus, and hoaxes, but no quote of Fox calling the virus itself a hoax.

No sign of Trump calling the virus a hoax in that video.

care to try again?

HIlarous

Never watch Cuomo, Cooper, Lemon, or Tapper?

Faux Noize lies.

Out and out lies are the sole purview of Faux Noize.

Sole purview?

No.
They have made the occasional mistake, just like anyone else.

Faux Noize lies.

Right...

Left leaning channels make 'mistakes',,,

Fox LIES!

Crep must be trolling.
When was the last time Faux issued a correction?

Weren't Hannity and Reagan expressing their opinions? I don't think this will fly.
They weren't the only ones but the viewers take these opinions as fact and have acted on the misinformation whereby they did not take the virus seriously which has helped increase the numbers of cases and probably the deaths.

Few took it seriously, including me. Why? I relied on my government(s), who relied on the Communist Government of China and W.H.O to get it right, and of course, tell the truth. Few thought these authoritarians would be this unconcerned with human life, it's been a GREAT eye opener for the world. Governments better know citizens are pissed. All the happy videos, singing and dancing on balconeys in Italy won't save this government at the election if they don't show outrage against China.

The one single action taken by Trump to ban flights from China was mercilessly attacked by politician and MSM alike. I could list off the top of my head multiple politicians and "journalists" who attacked Trump. We all know the soundbytes, the names he was called, by the people who called them, and, encouragement for people to go on as normal. Including even experts like Fauci who downplayed the significance in January.

As I said about AOC, if this group is looking to sue someone, they can sue President Xi and the Almighty Communist Party of China. You have a First Amendment thankfully. Fox News is no different than CNN and MSNBC in that they are not perfect. I'd argue they are far more pro-American and pro-constitution, but that's just me.

And their theory of liability is?

That shitty lawsuit will not even make it past the initial demurrer phase. It will immediately be dismissed for failure to state a cause of action on which relief can be granted.

Washington Statute

We are not even getting into first amendment protections.

care to try again?

He called it a hoax and you know it.

You are one hell of a silly ass, you plantation house negro.

If I was that, I'd be a black conservative.

care to try again?

He called it a hoax and you know it.

Not according to your link

And their theory of liability is?

That shitty lawsuit will not even make it past the initial demurrer phase. It will immediately be dismissed for failure to state a cause of action on which relief can be granted.

Washington Statute

We are not even getting into first amendment protections.
It may even get a "Frivolous" mark... And have to pay damages to FOX...

Forum List

Back