The three choices Truman had. Was there really any choice?

How many have even read a single publication discussing all sides of the issue? Modern Americans barely know their own name, much less the nuances of an event 70 some yrs ago.

Assholes like Unkotare bitch and moan how it was so brutal that American Japanese were moved to camps during the war because of the extreme threat of Japanese terrorism, and try to demean one of our greatest presidents that made a tough decision to do this .. .....

There was no "threat of Japanese terrorism," so put that discredited old lie away. It was not a "tough" decision for the scumbag fdr. It was one he was eager to make.

And if you want to cheer because we weren't as bad as Imperial Japan or that fdr's concentration camps weren't as bad as hitler's then you hold America to a much lower standard than any real American should.

As far as the nuke bombings go as horrible a tragedy as they were they likely saved many American and Japanese lives. The batshit crazy suicidal terrorist Japanese regime would not have given up without this massive display of power. The alternative would have been mass bombings from the US 24 hrs a day that would have leveled the islands and killed far more Japanese, and a bloody invasion that would have killed many Americans and more Japanese still.....

MILITARY VIEWS About Dropping the Atomic Bomb

"Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet stated in a public address given at the Washington Monument on October 5, 1945:

The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war. (See p. 329, Chapter 26) . . . [Nimitz also stated: "The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military standpoint, in the defeat of Japan. . . ."]"

"Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr., Commander U.S. Third Fleet, stated publicly in 1946:

The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment. . . . It was a mistake to ever drop it. . . . [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. . . . It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before. (See p. 331, Chapter 26)"

"On September 20, 1945 the famous "hawk" who commanded the Twenty-First Bomber Command, Major General Curtis E. LeMay (as reported in The New York Herald Tribune) publicly:
  • said flatly at one press conference that the atomic bomb "had nothing to do with the end of the war." He said the war would have been over in two weeks without the use of the atomic bomb or the Russian entry into the war. (See p. 336, Chapter 27)"

"On the 40th Anniversary of the bombing former President Richard M. Nixon reported that:

• [General Douglas] MacArthur once spoke to me very eloquently about it, pacing the floor of his apartment in the Waldorf. He thought it a tragedy that the Bomb was ever exploded. MacArthur believed that the same restrictions ought to apply to atomic weapons as to conventional weapons, that the military objective should always be limited damage to noncombatants. . . . MacArthur, you see, was a soldier. He believed in using force only against military targets, and that is why the nuclear thing turned him off. . . . (See p. 352, Chapter 28)

• The day after Hiroshima was bombed MacArthur's pilot, Weldon E. Rhoades, noted in his diary:

General MacArthur definitely is appalled and depressed by this Frankenstein monster [the bomb]. I had a long talk with him today, necessitated by the impending trip to Okinawa. . . . (See p. 350, Chapter 28)"

Of course dbags like Unkotare will never mention the unspeakable atrocities and war crimes that the Japanese inflicted on Americans throughout the war.......

Those atrocities are part of the historical record and are not in contention.

Assholes like Unkotare bitch and moan how it was so brutal that American Japanese were moved to camps during the war because of the extreme threat of Japanese terrorism, and try to demean one of our greatest presidents that made a tough decision to do this .. .....

There was no "threat of Japanese terrorism," so put that discredited old lie away. It was not a "tough" decision for the scumbag fdr. It was one he was eager to make.

And if you want to cheer because we weren't as bad as Imperial Japan or that fdr's concentration camps weren't as bad as hitler's then you hold America to a much lower standard than any real American should.
Japanese blew themselves up and suicided their planes to kill just like modern terrorists. Americans never did this because their great president would never even think of it. Yet Japan's terrorist regime endorsed it and forced young men to kill themselves for the Emperor. Disgusting. That is why Americans were afraid and Japanese Americans ended up in camps. The threat of terror from the unspeakable acts of the Japanese military was a horror.

Last edited:

Japanese blew themselves up and suicided their planes to kill just like modern terrorists. Americans never did this because their great president would never even think of it. Yet Japan's terrorist regime endorsed it and forced young men to kill themselves for the Emperor. Disgusting. That is why Americans were afraid and Japanese Americans ended up in camps. The threat of terror from the unspeakable acts of the Japanese military was a horror.

Read this if you want to be more informed about the subject:

Kamikaze Diaries: Reflections of Japanese Student Soldiers
Jun 1, 2006
by Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney

Please quit while you are behind. American misconduct PALES in comparison to Japanese atrocities. The Japanese were almost Nazi like during this time of militarization. Our great president Franklin D. Roosevelt took precautions against the savagery.

You need to let it go. We are friends now. Lets put it in the past. But don't blame a great president that did what he had to do to stop the savagery.

.... American misconduct PALES in comparison to Japanese atrocities. The Japanese were almost Nazi like during this time of militarization. Our great president Franklin D. Roosevelt took precautions against the savagery....

By throwing innocent, loyal AMERICAN CITIZENS into his concentration camps?

If you want to cheer because we weren't as bad as Imperial Japan or that fdr's concentration camps weren't as bad as hitler's then you hold America to a much lower standard than any real American should.

The scumbag fdr was informed that there was no such "threat" to which you so desperately want to refer.

"That, in short, the entire "Japanese Problem" has been magnified out of its true proportion, largely because of the physical characteristics of the people; that it is no more serious that the problems of the German, Italian, and Communistic portions of the United States population, and, finally that it should be handled on the basis of the individual, regardless of citizenship, and not on a racial basis."

.... But don't blame a great president that did what he had to do to stop the savagery......

The scumbag fdr's concentration camps and blatant violation of the Constitution did absolutely nothing to advance the war effort. It was not something he "had to do" and he knew it.

.... But don't blame a great president that did what he had to do to stop the savagery......

The scumbag fdr's concentration camps and blatant violation of the Constitution did absolutely nothing to advance the war effort. It was not something he "had to do" and he knew it.
You need to watch the video I posted bud. FDR did not have "concentration camps". They were detainment camps, and yes they were wrong however they were treated humanely. No experiments, no shooting squads, no ovens. you know who did that, and to American soldiers too...the Japanese! The Japanese annihilated millions. The US never did that, in fact we rescued the Chinese from Japan's Nazi like holocaust.

The scumbag fdr called them concentration camps because that's what they were.

The prisoners shot for getting too close to the barbed wire fences weren't treated too humanly.

Did the Japanese ever acknowledge their atrocities let alone apologize for them, or are they only claiming to be victims of the America they attacked?

Let me know if they have ever acknowledged them. Then let know if they apologized for them.

Let me know if you want me to go into details of those atrocities unkotare.

Until then take a hike with your claims of being victims. Just think. If your country did not ravage the Asia Pacific and did not deliberately attack the US, both of those cities may be in existence today.

Let me know If you want the details.

Did the Japanese ever acknowledge their atrocities let alone apologize for them, or are they only claiming to be victims of the America they attacked?

Let me know if they have ever acknowledged them. Then let know if they apologized for them.

Yes and yes. You should really inform yourself a little so you don't have to keep asking questions that have been answered.

If your country did not ravage the Asia Pacific and did not deliberately attack the US, both of those cities may be in existence today.

???

My country is the United States of America, and both those cities ARE in existence today.

You can't possibly be this ignorant.

That is one owl who will never get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. ^^^^

If your country did not ravage the Asia Pacific and did not deliberately attack the US, both of those cities may be in existence today.

???

My country is the United States of America, and both those cities ARE in existence today.

You can't possibly be this ignorant.
When I say in existence, you know damn well what I mean.

Have you acknowledged the atrocities of the JAPS?

I will bet if they could it all over again, they would think twice before launching a sneak attack on pearl harbor don't you think?

Funny, how they considered themselves to be such men of "honor" and they were nothing but trained monkeys.

Funny.

Keep telling me how those cities exist as if you you did not get the point.

Yeah, you are "American."

Forum List

Back